• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some quotes about the protesters

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
these are the people OT believes are "Patriotic"

"Heather Amato, 35, a psychologist who lives near the protest area, said she felt disturbed by some of the conduct of the protesters. She said she had to shield her toddler from the sight of women at the park dancing topless. 'It's been three weeks now,' Ms. Amato said. 'Enough is enough.'…

"Mike Keane, who owns O'Hara's Restaurant and Pub, said that the theft of soap and toilet paper had soared and that one protester had used the bathroom but had failed to properly use the toilet. Both Ms. Tzortzatos, owner of the Panini and Company Cafe, and Mr. Keane said the protesters rarely bought anything, yet hurled curses when they were told that only paying customers could use their bathrooms…

"Mr. Zamfotis closed his bathroom after it repeatedly flooded from protesters' bathing there…

"In a widely distributed pamphlet, 'Welcome to Liberty Plaza: Home of Occupy Wall Street,' participants were instructed where to find relief. 'After you've dined,' it reads, 'feel free to refresh yourself in the restrooms of neighboring businesses like Burger King and McDonald's without feeling obligated to buy anything.'"

more at link:

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/08/quotes-of-the-day-825/

Kind of reminds me of the late 60's and 70's when they were protesting the Vietnam War, Nixon, the Draft, Civil Rights and like with the May 4/Kent State massacre- Nixons decision to invade Cambodia...

I wonder how many of these protesting now are sons/daughters/grandsons/granddaughters of some of those protestors back then?.....

A popular quote with the college aged folks:

THOSE WHO CRITICIZE OUR GENERATION FORGET WHO RAISED IT

Oldtimer said:
Kind of reminds me of the late 60's and 70's when they were protesting the Vietnam War, Nixon, the Draft, Civil Rights and like with the May 4/Kent State massacre- Nixons decision to invade Cambodia...

I wonder how many of these protesting now are sons/daughters/grandsons/granddaughters of some of those protestors back then?.....

A popular quote with the college aged folks:

THOSE WHO CRITICIZE OUR GENERATION FORGET WHO RAISED IT

More likely that they are learning this type of attitude at college. Many of the profs. are progressives and the attitude that "what yours is mine" seems to be included in their indoctrinations.

"true patriots" for sure....their wants and desires could come direcctly from a communist manifesto and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reminds me of the Liberals protesting at the 2008 Republican Convention.

They didn't know what they were protesting either.............................

Oldtimer said:

There you go with that juvenile defense of yours. You can never just condemn your idols when they screw up and make an asz of themselves.
GROW UP ot

Larrry- were you around in the 60's-70's?
I don't think the protests now (from both the radical right or the radical left) have even been close to anything like the 60's and 70's...

Especially during the 70's besides having all the antiwar/draft protests (which included the Vietnam Vets Against War), hippies--you also had the Black Power movement groups- being met head on by the radical right KKK- Aryan Nation- Aryan Brotherhood-Anti Abortion Groups-Anti Tax (Posse Comitatus) , etc---with many of these groups on both sides doing arsons, bombings, murder. bank robberies, etc....

No- so far these groups don't even hold a candle to the activities of 40-50 years ago...And they took down a crooked President...But we survived them.....

It does make you wonder how many of these protestors are hippies of long ago- or children/grandchildren of those folks...

Oldtimer said:
with many of these groups on both sides doing arsons, bombings, murder. bank robberies, etc....

No- so far these groups don't even hold a candle to the activies of 40-50 years ago...And they took down a crooked President...But we survived them.....

They may have taken down one crooked one and then they returned to vote/endorse another in 2008

bill ayers, ring a bell

Same old defense of ots pet protestors "they all do it" No ot they don'y all do it and your lack of condemnation is an endorsement for these terrorist childish acts. Their acts are on the hand of defenders like you.

GROW UP ot

Don't hold your breath expecting any kind of an intelligent response from oldtimer , he will hide behind his conviction if the freeloaders like it, then it must be ok

oldtimer wroe:

I don't think the protests now (from both the radical right or the radical left) have even been close to anything like the 60's and 70's...

Where is the protests from the radical right here lately? I must have missed them. :???:

If he is trying to portray the Tea Party as radical right then he is more of an idiot than I thought. The Tea Party is nothing more than mainstream America that believes in the Constitution.

Of course talking about the Tea Party changes the emphasis on this thread away from the guys who crap on police cars and how ot has not condemned them. He will come back with the old "they all do it".

ows-irony.jpg

hypocritexposer said:
More likely that they are learning this type of attitude at college. Many of the profs. are progressives and the attitude that "what yours is mine" seems to be included in their indoctrinations.

UT Dallas is the absolute worst. One foreign prof there told my daugher (the engineer) that women needed to stay at home and raise children.

I put myself through college mostly going to night school. It took years. I was much older than most students and a bit older than some professors. There's definately differences as we age.

OT I do remember the 60's & 70's. The parties were different. Heck, even a democrat said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." No mass media back then and no live television. Not even color television.

Kent state was awful.

Latest posts