• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some recent photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EmptyPockets

Reaction score
We haven't had much moisture so far this winter. Glad we missed the Dec. rain. Feel for those that are fighting the ice. Meanwhile we are enjoying a nice mild Dec. Sooooo- far.

Morning on the creek
sunsneakingup.jpg

Catching the early morning rays
[/img]
catchingmorningrays.jpg

Dragon Calves--warm breath, cold air= breath fog - Probably causing global warming?:roll:

DSC01504.jpg

Enjoying an open winter so far.

[/img]
emailcalves2.jpg

A ridge view--Between creeks
betweencreeks.jpg

Some of the bulls trudging thru our dusting of snow

bandofbrothersJPG.jpg

Some young critters enjoying a snack
[/img]
DSC01481.jpg

A frosty morning

frostymorning.jpg

Left turn or Right?
[/img]
forkedroad.jpg

Sun fades into the west

pinkskysillouettes.jpg

Lonely road--painted sky

[/img]
DSC01453.jpg

Last months full moon. Couldn't post as computer was down. Better late then never.

goodbigbronz.jpg
:wink: Merry Christmas from our neck of the woods! EP :santa: :

Your winterwonderland pictures are just like being there...I love the turkeys in the tree with the moon/sun? It's a keeper...Thanks alot for sharing these.!

Lovely, just lovely! Wonderful ridged land and skies out there even when they're freezing cold.

Have you always had wild turkeys or have they been re-introduced?

We had some show up here a few years ago but it seems the coyotes 2 and 4 legged got them.

turksinastraw-1.jpg

Big Muddy, About 25 years ago a neighbor bought a couple of hens and a tom up to the ranch. By that fall we had 45 head of wild turkeys hanging around. Every since we've had turkeys till late fall to winter.

Usually by late Dec. early January a bobcat or another predator shows up and kills a couple then most of them move on and don't come back till late Feb. I guess our flock is up to about 180 this week, so something better happen pretty soon.

I wonder what we're having for Christmas dinner! :roll: [/img]

Latest posts