• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Son's high schol football team

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Doug Thorson

Reaction score
Cassidy is just a Freshman so he doesn't play when the game is on the line. Philip vs Wall, two towns 30 miles apart and the kids really don't care for each other. Both teams 3-0 by 50 point mercy rule in every game, neither varsity defense had allowed a point.

Scotties knock off Wall 50-12 in battle of unbeaten 9-man teams

Casey Cvach rushed for a school-record 362 yards on 22 carries and the Philip defense shut down the previously high-flying Wall Eagle offense as the Scotties rolled to a 50-12 Western Great Plains Conference football win on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Cvach scored on runs of 66, 85, 55 and 23 yards to boost his touchdown total to 21 for the season. He has now rushed for a video-game-like 1,211 yards in four games to start the season and was happy to get a school record that he's had his eyes on for a while now.

"It feels great," Cvach said. "That was my goal last year but I got hurt at Newell. That was my goal this year and I finally got it."

Cvach and the Scotties were shut down on their first drive of the game and Wall took the ball 68 yards to the Philip 12, but quarterback Darick Eisenbraun was sacked for a loss of 18 yards on fourth down to end the threat.

The Scotties turned around and Cvach went 66 yards down the right sideline on the first play of the drive and added a two-point conversion run to give Philip an 8-0 lead.

"We knew they (Wall) were going to come out fired up," Philip head coach Keven Morehart said. "They did a nice job of firing through some gaps and disrupting some things we wanted to do early, but we came back and executed pretty well."

Cvach wasn't the only Scottie rusher to have a big game, as fullback Karch Foley carried the rock eight times for 107 yards and three touchdowns of 48, 34 and 3 yards. The Philip offensive linemen came into the game knowing they were facing their toughest test of the season and they played like it.

"The mindset coming in was that we had to be tough and play hard," Philip offensive and defensive lineman Clint Nelson said. "We knew Wall was tough and that it wasn't going to be a free walk."

Cvach's numbers were obviously very impressive, the Scottie defense was nearly just as impressive. Philip led the game 28-0 at the half and Wall didn't get on the board until Eagle defender Timmy Grimmett picked up a muffed Philip handoff and went 30 yards to paydirt. Wall also scored later in the third on a 26-yard pass on 4th and 11 from Calder Johnston to Darick Eisenbraun.

Johnston, the Eagles' quarterback in 2008, moved back to the position midway through the contest after Eisenbraun looked to injure his shoulder. That was the only touchdown the Scottie defense would surrender, however.

"That's the thing about this team, you can't really coach their physicality," Morehart said. "That's what comes with kids with that ranching background."

The Scotties will play White River in their homecoming game on Friday, while Wall (3-1 overall) will head to Harding County to face the unbeaten Ranchers. Philip has a huge match-up with undefeated Lyman looming in two weeks.

The No. 3-ranked Raiders knocked off Class 9AA's top-ranked team in Howard on Friday night and should move up in next week's polls.

Interesting Doug--- I wasn't aware there was another "Scotties" in the area...The Glasgow "Scotties" blew the pants off Choteau Friday night too...

The town of Philip is named for Scotti Philip, so we almost had to be the Scotties. I am not sure how we got the Orange and Black for colors.

Doug Thorson said:
The town of Philip is named for Scotti Philip, so we almost had to be the Scotties. I am not sure how we got the Orange and Black for colors.

Glasgow Montana was at one time Siding 45--as it didn't exist til the railroad came thru...The story is that a railroad exec just spun the globe- and wherever his finger came down that how they named the unnamed sidings-- Glasgow, Havre, Malta, Zurich, etc. etc....

The Glasgow Scotties have red and white with black trim-- and the band and cheerleader uniforms have historically been designed around the plaids and the scottish kilts- with Tam and all...Used to have several band members that played the pipes--but they have not been able to find a band teacher that can instruct the pipes for several years :roll:

Usually during any town doings they get the Saskatoon pipers and drummers to come down in their Scottish outfits and perform....

I'mgoing to have to catch a game down there sometime-I miss watching Ty play for sure. our team is 3-1 so not doing bad after losing nine seniors.

Doug, glad to to see the Scotties doing well, when I saw your post I ckecked your class size, I with my dad do the scoutting for Avon, were 9A your 9AA was at Philip last year for your play off game agaist Sully Butte I thought you gays had that game in the bag. Good luck with Lyman and Harding County.

We kinda had a yak-it in the second half last year thats for sure. We are a lot better with Casey running the ball. He may well be the best I have ever seen on waiting for the blocks and then cutting back when they overpursue. As long as he doesn't take a blindside, we can score. There are times when we have all four of the boys defending champs 4x100 relay team on the field. Lyman will probally beat us, but they will have to do it twice, Harding County is now running a spread offense and has turned pass happy, so that will be interesting.

Latest posts