• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sorta recent pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtrancher said:
Yes that does look like difficult country to ride in. Do you ever worry about setting fires on horses that are shod? Seems every so often around here someone starts a fire on horseback from the shoes scraping on rocks, so most folks ride with out shoes in the extremely dry times of the year. Interesting pics though. Thanks.

Saddle Horse Lightning. An interesting phenomenon that happens occasionally in late spring while there is still snow in the timber. :wink:

To give an idea of how steep it is there are many places one can simply step off the uphill side.

There is no "off side" of a horse in the canyons.

Go just a little further northeast & it's really steep...Hell's Canyon.

I get the feel of your country with the pictures of the cattle trailing way down and ahead of you..I appreciate horses that know how to travel in rocks, I rode a "mountain" horse in the mts. of Wyoming and how that horse could climb up and down and never missed a step amazed me. Some of the trails were so steep that I about rode down with my eyes shut and let the horse do his thing! I think that's pretty much how I'd ride in your country too! Though the scenery and cattle are great to look at...(from my office)..lol Post more pictures when ya have time!

floyd said:
To give an idea of how steep it is there are many places one can simply step off the uphill side.

There is no "off side" of a horse in the canyons.

Go just a little further northeast & it's really steep...Hell's Canyon.

Nicky
Where we left them...hopefully til the 15 - 20th of Dec
0018-19.jpg

I can see that in this pic. Although a beautiful picture and view I have to hold onto the side of my chair to look at it. YIKES !!

Latest posts