• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spending Like Drunken Sailors

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration's new plan to grant temporary work permits to many young, illegal immigrants who otherwise could be deported may cost more than $585 million and require hiring hundreds of new federal employees to process more than 1 million anticipated requests, according to internal documents obtained by The Associated Press.

The Homeland Security Department plans, marked "not for distribution," describe steps that immigrants will need to take — including a $465 paperwork fee designed to offset the program's cost — and how the government will manage it. Illegal immigrants can request permission to stay in the country under the plan by filing a document, "Request for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals," and simultaneously apply for a work permit starting Aug. 15.

Under the new program, which President Barack Obama announced last month, eligible immigrants must have arrived in the U.S. before their 16th birthday, are 30 or younger, have been living here at least five years, are in school or graduated or served in the military.
They also must not have a criminal record or otherwise pose a safety threat. They can apply to stay in the country and be granted a work permit for two years, but they would not be granted citizenship.

The internal government plans obtained by the AP provide the first estimates of costs, how many immigrants were expected to participate and how long it might take for them. It was not immediately clear whether or under which circumstances any immigrants would not be required to pay the $465 paperwork fee. The plans said there would be no waivers, but Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Congress last week that the government would grant waivers "in very deserving cases." She said details were still being worked out.

Mike said:
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration's new plan to grant temporary work permits to many young, illegal immigrants who otherwise could be deported may cost more than $585 million and require hiring hundreds of new federal employees to process more than 1 million anticipated requests, according to internal documents obtained by The Associated Press.

The Homeland Security Department plans, marked "not for distribution," describe steps that immigrants will need to take — including a $465 paperwork fee designed to offset the program's cost — and how the government will manage it. Illegal immigrants can request permission to stay in the country under the plan by filing a document, "Request for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals," and simultaneously apply for a work permit starting Aug. 15.

including a $465 paperwork fee designed to offset the program's cost

I'm sure it was just an oversight that you forgot to hi-light this part... :wink: :roll: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

I'm sure it was just an oversight that you forgot to hi-light this part... :wink: :roll: :lol:

not immediately clear whether or under which circumstances any immigrants would not be required to pay the $465 paperwork fee

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Congress last week that the government would grant waivers "in very deserving cases."

Knowing her history I am sure her idea of deserving is a lot different than mainstream America

If they All pay it would generate 465,000,000 well short of the projected cost

Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:

not immediately clear whether or under which circumstances any immigrants would not be required to pay the $465 paperwork fee

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told Congress last week that the government would grant waivers "in very deserving cases."

Knowing her history I am sure her idea of deserving is a lot different than mainstream America

Well every President since Ike has let all the illegals that wanted to come/stay do so-- without charging any of them anything-- so if we get $465 from each one of these we will be further ahead than anyplace we have been in 50+ years.....

Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:

What is 1 million times $465, anyways?

Seeing as they are eligible for food stamps and "free" health care, I wonder if the whole $465 will be eaten up in 10 years or not? :roll:

OT, your tax dollars are paying for this. Unless you too are getting the "freebies"

hypocritexposer said:
Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:

What is 1 million times $465, anyways?

Seeing as they are eligible for food stamps and "free" health care, I wonder if the whole $465 will be eaten up in 10 years or not? :roll:

OT, your tax dollars are paying for this.
Unless you too are getting the "freebies"

But you forget- these same folks were eligible for food stamps and free health care under GW, Clinton, Bush the 1, Reagan, Carter, etc, etc-- and had to pay nothing...
Reagan even gave millions of these folks getting food stamps and free health care amnesty- allowing them to stay in the country...

So if we are requiring them to pay anything we are further ahead of where we been for the past 50+ years...

Last night, radio host Mark Levin interviewed Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) about the recent U.S. Department of Agriculture agreement with the government of Mexico to "help educate eligible Mexican nationals living in the United States about available nutrition assistance," which includes the US food stamp program.

Sen. Sessions explained that the funding for this program came from a "farm bill" in 2002, which allocated $800 billion over 10 years for the entire US food stamp program – meaning that 80 percent of this trillion dollar "farm bill" program is spend on food stamps, leaving only 20 percent to go to farmers.

Sessions also noted that the requirement, which allowed only US citizens to acquire food stamps, was eliminated in 2002, under President George Bush:

http://cnsnews.com/node/567984

Latest posts