• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spin at high levels

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Scotty McClellan (whose mother is running for Governor in TX as an Independent), pulls the usual spin "Blame Clinton". But the media is catching on these days. Link below; my emphasis.

"McClellan said the Clinton-Gore administration had engaged in warrantless physical searches, and he cited an FBI search of the home of CIA turncoat Aldrich Ames without permission from a judge. He said Clinton's deputy attorney general, Jamie Gorelick, had testified before Congress that the president had the inherent authority to engage in physical searches without warrants.
"I think his hypocrisy knows no bounds," McClellan said of Gore.
But at the time of the Ames search in 1993 and when Gorelick testified a year later, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act required warrants for electronic surveillance for intelligence purposes, but did not cover physical searches. The law was changed to cover physical searches in 1995 under legislation that Clinton supported and signed."

Remarkable, don't you think that the White House Press Sec would issue such a misleading (though technically accurate) statement? I think we all know they're starting to feel some pressure, so they revert to their mainstay: lie, mislead, and spin. :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10891443/

Not addressing anything in this but your thoughts, assuming they are your own.
dis wrote:
"But the media is catching on these days."

Everyone knows the vast majority of the media has a bias towards the dems. I'll be the first to admit the YES FoxNews is biased towards the Republican Party. Thats why I say there is always going to be a bias.

Big Deal that MSNBC put out a negative story against Scott McClellan? They all spin it the direction they like it.

I know it confuses you libs on why we always go back and use clinton as an example but it's only because ya'll think he was so great and grand but as it turns out, admit it or not, he was a terrible president and a disgrace to our country. We use him to try and bring some reality to your little world.

BBJ said:
Not addressing anything in this but your thoughts, assuming they are your own.
dis wrote:
"But the media is catching on these days."

Everyone knows the vast majority of the media has a bias towards the dems. I'll be the first to admit the YES FoxNews is biased towards the Republican Party. Thats why I say there is always going to be a bias.

No, not everyone knows the media has a bias toward Dems. For example, the Times sat on the story about illegal wiretaps for a year at the request of the White House. And it was during an election year. If they were biased toward Kerry, why not release the story during the election; it might have helped him win? I've studies showing reporters tend to be liberal, but newspaper editors and media owners are overwhelmingly Conservative. That spin won't work.

Big Deal that MSNBC put out a negative story against Scott McClellan? They all spin it the direction they like it.

Nice spin, but it wasn't a story about Scott McClellan. It's a story about the Republican Culture of Corruption reaching as far as the White House. Though I don't know why anyone would be surprised, considering how Bush has sold us out to big business. He hasn't done those things for free, I'm sure.

I know it confuses you libs on why we always go back and use clinton as an example but it's only because ya'll think he was so great and grand but as it turns out, admit it or not, he was a terrible president and a disgrace to our country. We use him to try and bring some reality to your little world.

ROTFLMAO. Oh, I doubt it confuses anyone why you go back to Clinton. The Bush Administration has been a disaster for this country, war, alienated allies, budget deficits, gasoline prices, corruption, three top Republicans actually indicted, another admitted he took bribes and resigned. It's only natural that you'd want to talk about something else. But I'll do my best to not let that happen. And apparently I'm not the only one on this board that notices. :D

Hey you forgot to blame hurricane Katrina on President Bush along with many other things that aren't his fault. I kills me :lol: how no matter what happens it's Bushs fault. The dems never do anything wrong but let there be a natural disaster or something and by God BUSH DID THIS!

And your right not everyone knows the media has a bias toward the dems. The ones that don't know it yet are the Dems and libs that only see what they want. Sooner or later you guys are going to have to admit it that WE are in control. Your base is shrinking.

Love it how you use that line about spinning against everyone.

BBJ said:
Hey you forgot to blame hurricane Katrina on President Bush along with many other things that aren't his fault. I kills me :lol: how no matter what happens it's Bushs fault. The dems never do anything wrong but let there be a natural disaster or something and by God BUSH DID THIS!

Bush wasn't responsible for Katirna, but he's for sure responsible for Fema's inept response. And was Mike Brown fired?

And your right not everyone knows the media has a bias toward the dems. The ones that don't know it yet are the Dems and libs that only see what they want. Sooner or later you guys are going to have to admit it that WE are in control. Your base is shrinking.

The Bush Adminsitration has done wonders for the Democratic party. If the Republican's best hope are McCain and Rudy, they should be worried.

Love it how you use that line about spinning against everyone.

Glad to help enertain you. I use it when it fits, like when you try to turn a story about Abramoff meeting with White House staff into a story about Scott McClellan.

Latest posts