• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spring Morning Heifer Photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gizmom

Reaction score
100_0822.jpg

Couldn't help but to stop on the way out the drive this morning the heifers looked so pretty out on the rye grass field. We preg checked this group a couple of weeks ago and they are all safe to start calving the middle of September. We used two young bulls Gizmo Midland 808 Reg# 16358619 and Gizmo New Day 816 16333727 on them. They will all be bred to our new herd bull Sinclair Rito 9R9 next year.

100_0781.jpg

100_0821.jpg

leanin' H said:
What in the heck is all that green colored stuff on the ground and up in the trees? :???: Sure pretty cattle and grass! :D

Isn't the ground SUPPOSED to be white at this time of year? :shock:

Thanks gizmom, green grass and cattle are photogenic anytime.

gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
What in the heck is all that green colored stuff on the ground and up in the trees? :???: Sure pretty cattle and grass! :D

Isn't the ground SUPPOSED to be white at this time of year? :shock:

Thanks gizmom, green grass and cattle are photogenic anytime.
Has to be photo shopped. :shock: Or painted. :? Thanks for the reminder of what we have to look forward to.

In a normal year those heifers would be belly high in rye but it has been to cold for the grass to grow until the past couple of weeks. I can't imagine how yall deal with snow I am such a wimp if it goes below 50 I hibernate.

gizmom said:
In a normal year those heifers would be belly high in rye but it has been to cold for the grass to grow until the past couple of weeks. I can't imagine how yall deal with snow I am such a wimp if it goes below 50 I hibernate.
Bears hibernate too and their not wimps. :wink:

Looks like heaven! :D Your heifers look nice, and it will be fun to see how your new bull works on them. Is he on the way? We'll be expecting pics when he arrives!

My son is in charge of making the delivery arrangements so I don't know when he is going to be shipped. I can't wait to see him and pictures will be a high on the list. It is so nice to be able to chat with folks that understand the excitement of a new bull.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
My son is in charge of making the delivery arrangements so I don't know when he is going to be shipped. I can't wait to see him and pictures will be a high on the list. It is so nice to be able to chat with folks that understand the excitement of a new bull.

Gizmom

I've had our new bull home since the 14th of March and I still go look at him atleast once a day! :wink: That doesnt count feeding or chores. I just go look at him. Whatever we have in this sickness of bulliology, aint it grand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is grand nothing will lift your sprits more than looking at a new bull....I think it is all the possibilities, the adventure heck I don't know what it is but its good!

Thanks I really like the group a couple are a bit angular but overall a nice group. Our commercial herd is made up of Sim/Angus cross cows they have really worked well for us.

Gizmom

Latest posts