• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Springtime in Texas (pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OH you sure know how to rub it in with all that green down there...Very nice lookin calves, so clean and fresh! Now tell me why it looks like that snake is in the back of yur pickup???? I don't care if it's dead or not...that's not where I'd want it! :roll:

Jassy said:
OH you sure know how to rub it in with all that green down there...Very nice lookin calves, so clean and fresh! Now tell me why it looks like that snake is in the back of yur pickup???? I don't care if it's dead or not...that's not where I'd want it! :roll:

Thanks, Jassy! I just thought I'd turn it around on you folks up north since y'all are always rubbing it in with all those pretty snow pictures. :wink:

My dad killed that snake on the way to our house from his & just had to bring it along to show my daughter. :lol:

Good pictures! Nice and green, good cattle. Could maybe use a little Angus :wink: :D , and might try to get a picture of Texan. Thanks for sharing!

Very nice pictures!!! It's green like that here too. Seen my first sunflower yesterday. Course all the other wildflowers are bloomin like crazy too. Trees are for the most part completely leafed out. I did notice a few of the pecan trees on the creek that are just now puttin on leaves. Guess they knew about the cold snap we had Easter weekend. LOL

Our grass is just a week of warm weather away. Had good snow last Thurs & Fri. Last nite it rained an inch, then gettin another good shower now. When we are wet enough to green up, its too cold. When it is warm enough, it is too dry. thats Colorado. Grass will likely be Mid May, but we have a good shot at May 1 this year. I remember one other year we were out by May 1. Don't worry about puttin black bulls on them cows. It looks to me like you are doin a pretty good job with the program you have. I would be dumb enough I'd mess up your good cows with a Char bull. Like them yellow wf calves. I do like to see a set of good straight cattle. Like the two guys that were talking. One said "If we all had the same taste everyone would be married to my wife". The other guy said "If we all had the same taste, no one would marry your wife"!

Looks like seven or eight buttons on the rattler--any of them knocked off? Not looking forward to those rascals, but have been looking.

I love your cattle...and wish we had that tall green grass.The snake I don't wish for,we only get garter snakes and they're little.

Yes please do post a pic of Texan....need I remind you WHO he said your 'partner" was :twisted:

Nice pics and pretty country, txag. Looks like you sure missed a good chance to get some GOOD yeller baldy calves, though. :p

Seems like the troublemaker from Alberta is trying to corrupt you and get you to do something that you know better than to do. You are wise to resist her urgings.

Not sure what she means by the term "partner" though. Maybe she means a business partner? No...you're waaaaaaaaaaaay too 'independent' for that. "Partner"? Almost makes it sound like..... :shock: :lol2:

Remember, txag - proper breeding decisions could have some good yellow baldies on the ground for you. :lol:

Texan said:
Seems like the troublemaker from Alberta is trying to corrupt you and get you to do something that you know better than to do. You are wise to resist her urgings.

Not sure what she means by the term "partner" though. Maybe she means a business partner? No...you're waaaaaaaaaaaay too 'independent' for that. "Partner"? Almost makes it sound like..... :shock: :lol2:
Hmmmm sounds like desperate ramblings of a scared Texan :wink: :lol:

We had quite the storm last night,slushy snow,thunder,lightning,and blades of 'Green"grass this morning,the flocks of robins were all over the lawn this morn,finally"Springtime in Alberta" so Ian Tyson sings

Thanks for the comments!

Shortgrass, I think that snake had six or seven buttons....I didn't get close enough to be any more precise than that. We didn't see rattlers in our area until about 15 years ago & now we'll see/kill one or two a year (and that's one or two too many for me). About two years ago we killed one with 12 buttons!

We've never really thought about putting a Char bull on the cows, but we do run some brangus bulls on some of the commercial cows. Just enough ear that the heifers work well for replacements, but not too much ear to put a dock on the steers.

lilly, the pecan trees are some of the last trees to put on leaves this year here, too. We have about 6 pecan trees at the house & I guess it depends on the variety because some of them greened up right away while there's one or two that are just now putting on leaves. We have an ash tree that is the last to green up every year. I guess it doesn't want to take any chances on a late frost. :lol:

Cal & Mrs Greg, I don't think I have any pictures of Texan. Surely there's one out there somewhere.......I mean, who doesn't take pics at birthday parties? :p (I think I should consider myself lucky to have not been invited. :lol2:)

oldies-1.jpg

Chuckle.....from what Kola says I can't really understand why Texans so proud of his shortcomings anyway,guess them OLD coots are like that :eek: :lol: :lol:

txag - I owe you one (at least). :x :p

Mrs. Albertatroublemaker - kola doesn't know anything about....just never mind. :x

Hey TExAN!! I'm on the trail now!!!!

A picture of our little Stumpy...now that would be sweet!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

kolanuraven said:
Hey TExAN!! I'm on the trail now!!!!

A picture of our little Stumpy...now that would be sweet!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Keep dreamin', Nappy-head. Just because you keep sending me nekkid pics doesn't mean that I'm obligated to reciprocate. :lol:

Geeezzzz Louise....first it's my panties....now it's nudie pics you want. Man, you are a needy one, just keep on demanding things of me!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :shock: :shock: :shock:

P.S...You can't keep a secret either!!! :wink: :wink:

Latest posts