• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Steve

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Don't you ever get tired of being made a fool of? Regarding your claim that Bush told the Mayor of New Orleans that him he should order an evacuation, below is an excerpt from a transcript of the press conference the Mayor and Governor held to declare a mandatory evacuation. You'll see that Bush called the Governor, not the Mayor, and they already had the press confernce set up to make the evacuation announcement. Link to the full transcript below; my emphasis.

Oh, and you don't have to thank me for correcting you....again. :lol:

8/28/05

"MAYOR RAY NAGIN, NEW ORLEANS: ... storm is intensifying, and is still pointed toward New Orleans, and there's not a meteorologist or an expert that I have talked to that says that this storm will not impact New Orleans in a major way.

As a result of that, I am, this morning, declaring that we will be doing a mandatory evacuation. And I'm going to read the evacuation order to the public.

The National Weather Service has indicated that Hurricane Katrina will likely affect Louisiana coast, with tropical force winds and heavy rainfall by this evening, whereas because of anticipated high lakes and marsh tides, due to the tidal surge, combined with the possibility of intense thunderstorms, hurricane-force winds and widespread severe flooding, Governor Blanco and I, Mayor C. Ray Nagin, have each declared a state of emergency.

Now, therefore, I, as mayor of the city of New Orleans, pursuant to the authority granted by L.A. Rev Stat 29-727 (ph), do hereby promulgate and issue the following orders, which will be effectively immediately, and which will remain in effect until the earlier of five days following the date of this issuance, or the declaration by the governor that the state of emergency no longer exists.

Point one, a mandatory evacuation order is hereby called for all of the parish of Orleans, with only the following exceptions. Essential personnel of the United States of America, state of Louisiana and city of New Orleans. Essential personnel of regulated utilities and mass transportation services. Essential personnel of hospitals and their patients. Essential person of the media. Essential personnel of the Orleans Parish criminal sheriff's office and its inmates. And the essential personnel of operating hotels and their patrons.

Unless covered by one of the aforementioned exceptions, every person is hereby ordered to immediately evacuate the city of New Orleans. Or, if no other alternative is available, to immediately move to one of the facilities within the city that will be designated as a refuge of last resort.

Point two, in order to effectuate the mandatory evacuation at the direction of the mayor, the city -- the chief administrative officer, the director of homeland security for the city of New Orleans, or any member of the New Orleans Police Department, the city may commandeer any private property, included but not limited to, buildings that may be designated as refuge of last resort and vehicles that may be used to transport people out of the area.

The city attorneys directed to file this declaration promptly in the office of the clerk of court, and with the secretary of state.

Signed by the mayor of the city of New Orleans.

Ladies and gentlemen, I wish I had better news for you. But we are facing a storm that most of us have feared. I do not want to create panic. But I do want the citizens to understand that this is very serious, and it's of the highest nature. And that's why we are taking this unprecedented move.

The storm is now a Cat 5, a Category 5, as I appreciate it, with sustained winds of 150 miles an hour, with wind gusts of 190 miles per hour.

The storm surge most likely will topple our levy system. So we are preparing to deal with that also. So that's why we're ordering a mandatory evacuation.

This morning, the Superdome has already opened for people with special needs. If you have a medical condition, if you're on dialysis or some other condition, we want you to expeditiously move to the Superdome.

At noon today, the Superdome will then be opened up as a refuge of last resort, where we will start to take citizens that cannot evacuate.

But let me emphasize, the first choice for every citizen is to figure out a way to leave the city. And I'm asking all of the churches. We sent out a fax to all the churches that we could this morning, basically alerting them to exactly what we're doing, and asking them to buddy up, to find members in their congregations, to check on the senior citizens or a citizen who may not -- who may not have the means and is totally reliant upon public transportation to get around.

We will have pickup sites that the Regional Transit Authority will be -- at noon, they will start to make runs from the pickup sites to the Superdome, to get people into the Superdome as a last resort. Keep in mind, a hurricane, a Cat 5, with high winds, is most likely will knock out all electricity in the city, and, therefore, the Superdome is not going to be a very comfortable place at some point in time. So we're encouraging everyone to leave.

But if you can't leave, here are the 10 sites, that starting at noon, that you will be able to go to and there will be RTA buses that will pick you up for free.

The first one is EJ Morris Senior Center. Andrew Pete Sanchez at 1616 Caffin Avenue -- and we will give the media a list of this. The next one is Frantz in the 9th Ward at 3811 Galvez Street. The next one is Warren Easton in mid-city, at 3019 Canal Street. The next one is Augustine in mid-city at 425 South Broad Street. The next one is S. Williams in uptown at 3127 Martin Luther King Boulevard. The next one is McMain uptown at 5712 South Claiborne. The next is Rabouin in the CBD at 727 Carondelet Street. The next one is Arthur Monday Center at 1111 Newton Street on the West Bank. The next one is the O. Perry Walker High School at 2832 General Meyer. The next one is Abramson in New Orleans East at 5552 Read Boulevard. And the next one is Sarah T. Reid High School in New Orleans East at 5316 Michoud Boulevard. And the final one is the New Orleans Mission at 1130 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard.

For those of you that want to evacuate and you want to know what shelters are available throughout the state, I would ask you to call the 1-800 number that the state police have set up, which will field any questions that you may have on routes or shelters, and that number is 1-800-469-4828, 1-800-469-4828.

The only other thing I will add before I turn it over to the governor, is that, you know, take precautions on your home. You may want to fill your bathwater -- your bathtubs up with water, just in case when you come back to your homes, if there's no running water, so that you have something to come back to. And make sure, make sure, that you check on your neighbors. It's very important, particularly the senior citizens, that we check on them to make sure that they're OK and that they're not too frightened, and that we assist them before we take off.

This is an opportunity in New Orleans for us to come together in the way that we've never come together before. This is a threat that we've never faced before. And if we galvanize and rally around each other, I am sure that we will get through this.

God bless us.

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO, LOUISIANA: Thank you, Mayor.

I want to reiterate what the mayor has said. This is a very dangerous time. Just before we walked into this room, President Bush called and told me to share with all of you that he is very concerned about the citizens. He is concerned about the impact that this hurricane would have on our people. And he asked me to please ensure that there would be a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/28/bn.04.html

Disagreeable all you are doing is showing who said what and when, not who did what and who did not do anything and let their available resources be destroyed. Again a pointless post trying to prove your sad fixation on doing anything and everything possible to trash the president.

What happened to dis
KickButt.gif

Don't you ever get tired of being made a fool of? Regarding your claim that Bush told the Mayor of New Orleans that him he should order an evacuation,

Lets see President Bush said Order a Mandatory evacuation, The mayor reads a statement to CNN, then does Nothing, in fact if you read the statement and the interview you would easily have seen he was just Talking and not much more, his actions ( none ) speak volumes about how it was handled,

until yesterday He did not do a damn thing to facilitate a mandatory evacuation. reading a paper and telling people to leave if you like is not good leadership...it courts disaster...

Like I said he didn't call for an evacuation until Yeasterday,,,because reading an evacuation notice that few followed did no good,,,

He, the mayor Knew few would follow, and only provide transportation to the Doomed fiasco at the superdome...and that the evacuation was only voluntary.... in spite of President Bush calling for a mandatory evacuation..

but let me paste that part so you can read it again

I want to reiterate what the mayor has said. This is a very dangerous time. Just before we walked into this room, President Bush called and told me to share with all of you that he is very concerned about the citizens. He is concerned about the impact that this hurricane would have on our people. And he asked me to please ensure that there would be a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans."

yet the Mayor called for; an evacuation then "watered it down" saying that ;;;;;;

So we're encouraging everyone to leave,

For those of you that want to evacuate,

Right now, we are emphasizing leaving the city. That's what we think is the best thing

thats right exact quotes from his speach and interview...

but let me say it so you can understand, I put it in Liberal double talk just for you,,,

we want you to leave, but are going to do nothing to help you leave, and if you don't want to leave it's okey, but you really should leave if you want to, and can find a way on your own to leave,,,cause then we can do nothing and whine later that someone else should have done something....

it's not mandatory unless you enforce it,,,and he finally did that yesterday....after trying to blame everyone else for his lack of leadership..

Ok..If 'bush' was so ON TOP of the situation and SOOOO concerned.....why didn't he go down to New Orleans, Mississippi, etc right after the storm and use his "famed" pilot experience and help out????

He WAS in the Guard, in Alabama no less, and a pilot---just like Daddy... and ti was one state that got whacked really good. Should he not return a favor to those in Alabama that covered his ass all those long years ago and help them out?????

On the list of Who Did Things Right=0
Who Did Nothing= The Federal Gov't and employees......the prez!

Local and state gov's can only do with what is granted to them via the Federal Budget for such items that fall under Federal jurisdiction....when the budgets are cut to give everyone back a whopping $600 tax credit...there is none left over.
for silly things like levees, etc.

I've got shoes that cost more than $600 a pair....who big deal. $600 today is squat.......$6K....or now we're talking. And some didn't even qualify for the $600 refund as they were not a big 'bush' corporate buddy....now they racked up!

I've got shoes that cost more than $600 a pair.

Gee, that really helps your credibility....Just another rich, wantabe, trying to tell US how to do things...........

but other then that not one fact to back up you allgations...And how would flying a Jet to a disaster help? if you check your facts you would see he was trained in fixed wing aircraft, the Helos that are needed, are not the same,

By mosts tally it is

Local goverment, stalled, then did nothing then stalled again,,,,

State level, gee same score.....and still nothing,,,(until the home team was kicked off the field, and the Military saved the day),,,

and by the Law, Constitution and most peoples opinion, the Military is the feds,,,,, and yes they do often carry the team,,,they're just that good....

so score one Great Job! for the Military, on the feds team......

Ok..he flies fixed wing..he can haul water, food, meds, etc

The exact type, make and model of aircraft WAS NOT my point...of which you totally missed.

So what...I've got good shoes. That's not the point either. I was using that as an ANALOGY....ya know when you compare things...one to the other to help people understand.!!!! Geezzzz people.

Oh yeah... I'm not a wanna be rich person....for you FYI since you made that statement....I AM RICH and just sent my fair share to the Red Cross and sent a truck with about 100 tarps for MS for people to use on their roofs as they are scarce items there

it was a fixed win fighter aircraft ( not a cargo plane)

but whatever , it is just a point you can't understand so why try,,,

So what...I've got good shoes. That's not the point either. I was using that as an ANALOGY....ya know when you compare things...one to the other to help people understand.!!!! Geezzzz people.

Yes we really understand how a "rich" person spends money for shoes that we often can not afford to spend on luxuries, but instead buy items our familied need, such as school chothes and food,,, So we got your anology

and the wannabe was in referance to your "fake wantabe indian status"

Maybe you could send them some of those fancy shoes you get tired of and write it off on your "charity" deduction as most liberlas do, ,,

Steve said:
Don't you ever get tired of being made a fool of? Regarding your claim that Bush told the Mayor of New Orleans that him he should order an evacuation,

Lets see President Bush said Order a Mandatory evacuation, The mayor reads a statement to CNN, then does Nothing, in fact if you read the statement and the interview you would easily have seen he was just Talking and not much more, his actions ( none ) speak volumes about how it was handled,

What do you expect him to do? Get in his car and start pulling people from their homes?

until yesterday He did not do a damn thing to facilitate a mandatory evacuation. reading a paper and telling people to leave if you like is not good leadership...it courts disaster...

You've never seen a hurricane where everyone evacuated and you know it. People had sick family in hospitals, no cars, no money for bus tickets and motels, homeless people, nursing home residents.... You're right it does court disaster and when our Federal government doesn't live up to it's obligations, we have a disaster right there for everyone to see.

Like I said he didn't call for an evacuation until Yeasterday,,,because reading an evacuation notice that few followed did no good,,,

He announced a mandatory evacuation and thousand and thousands of people who were able and willing left town.

He, the mayor Knew few would follow, and only provide transportation to the Doomed fiasco at the superdome...and that the evacuation was only voluntary.... in spite of President Bush calling for a mandatory evacuation..

You're a mind reader now? That's hot air and you know it. He probably knew, just like you knew, that not everyone could/would leave. He set up shelters for those who couldn't/wouldn't leave. The mayor issued a call for a mandatory evacuation. I posted the link. It's in the first post on this thread! Are you blind or can't read?

but let me paste that part so you can read it again

And the mayor issued a mandatory evacuation order.

yet the Mayor called for; an evacuation then "watered it down" saying that ;;;;;;
So we're encouraging everyone to leave,
For those of you that want to evacuate,
Right now, we are emphasizing leaving the city. That's what we think is the best thing
thats right exact quotes from his speach and interview...
but let me say it so you can understand, I put it in Liberal double talk just for you,,,
we want you to leave, but are going to do nothing to help you leave, and if you don't want to leave it's okey, but you really should leave if you want to, and can find a way on your own to leave,,,cause then we can do nothing and whine later that someone else should have done something....
it's not mandatory unless you enforce it,,,and he finally did that yesterday....after trying to blame everyone else for his lack of leadership..

You said he didn't call for a mandatory evacuation, but here is proof that he did. You lose.

You claimed that George W. Bush called the Mayor and begged him to issue an evacuation order. I showed that:

1. Bush called the Governor, not the Mayor. You're wrong!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!
2. The Governor was ready to issue a MANDATORY evacuation order before Bush called him. You're wrong!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!

I keep expecting that you'll learn to check the facts that your "pals" give you before you embarrass yourself by posting such crap on this board. But I guess I'll just have to keep making you look foolish.

My dear Steve!

Why are you jumping down my throat cause my family made good financial decisions years ago...and yes I guess you can say I am a Trust Fund baby. But, I've worked my a** for what I have, but I will admit I have thiings a bit easier.

But I don't growl @ look down on you because your attack on me leads me to think you have not been as lucky.

It's a beautiful day.....smile and relax!

;-)

P.S. DId you know that you CAN write off charitable donations of clothing!!!

Yes Disagreeable and the president is the person who told the mayor to NOT use the city transit and school buses to evacuate the people from New Orleans and NOT to follow or do any thing that was in their emergency response plan. IS there anything else that your hate spewing mouth would have us believe? Yes there is plenty of blame to go around about who did and didnt get their acts together and get the releif efforts moving, but you and your like seem to always over look the mayor and the state governor and go straight for the president, is it because you too are a democrat and are part of a dying party?

Latest posts