• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Successful R-CALF Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Calf Sale a Colossal Success Following Speech by New President
Feb 1, 2006

(Great Falls, Mont.) – R-CALF USA President Chuck Kiker ushered in his presidency with a hugely successful fund-raiser in Great Falls. Following Kiker's speech, Western Livestock Auction hosted a rollover calf auction that raised more than $30,000 for R-CALF USA and Montana Cattlemen's Association (MCA), an affiliate organization of R-CALF USA.

"The support for R-CALF at the Great Falls rollover calf sale was fantastic," said Kiker. "This is by far the most successful fund-raiser I have ever been involved in.

"Our goal is to build this kind of support throughout the country and take some of the pressure off these folks who have been carrying the load," continued Kiker. "The money all these producers have contributed has truly made a difference in the cattle industry in keeping our U.S. markets competitive."

R-CALF USA Montana Region 2 Membership Vice-Chair and MCA District 6 Director Bruce Lee helped organize the fund-raiser and donated the calf.

"We put the fund-raiser together in a short amount of time, and it came off really well," said Lee. "I think Chuck was well received. He's down-to-earth and knows the problems.

"R-CALF and MCA get support by producers because they are our voice," noted Lee. "Calf sales are our only option to keep the organizations funded, besides membership dues."

"They had a good turnout and a lot of producer interest," said Lynn Perry, general manager for Western Livestock Auction. "Because this is the place that producers gather once a week, it makes for a good place for fund-raisers."

"I was a little apprehensive after Leo left, but overall I was impressed with the new president," said Wade Jacobsen, of Fairfield. "His comment that he planned to increase membership in the southeast was good to hear since we are not that strong down there.

"I support R-CALF because of their efforts to keep a safe food supply and to keep markets at a level where everyone is profitable," noted Jacobsen.

"I was impressed with how the president spoke about trade issues," commented Wayne Gollehon of Choteau. "His background makes him well qualified for the presidency.

"It is a big plus to have a president from the southern states, since R-CALF has a reputation for being a northern organization," noted Gollehon. "We have supported R-CALF in the past and will continue to support R-CALF because it speaks for the cow/calf operator."

Kiker is a native of Jefferson County, Texas. He is the seventh generation in his family to go into agriculture. His grandfather, a southeast Texas rancher and rice farmer, gave him his start at the age of 12, and he got started in the cattle business with 4-H and FFA breeding beef projects at the age of 14. In 1984, Kiker started farming rice, and while completing his B.S. degree in Energy Resource Management at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, began to build a commercial cattle herd. Kiker and his wife Kim, along with their two children Kristine and Chase, reside in Beaumont and farm and ranch west of the city.

Kiker currently is the county vice president of the Jefferson County Farm Bureau. He also is a member and past state president of the Independent Cattlemen's Association of Texas, serves on the Texas Johne's Working Group, is a member of the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, and the Texas Department of Agriculture's Meat and Dairy Advisory Committee. Additionally, Kiker has served on the board of directors of the American Rice Growers Association and the Gulf Coast Cattle Association. He also has served on the National Cattlemen's Beef Association Live Cattle Marketing Committee, the Cattlemen's Beef Board, and committees with the Beaumont Young Men's Business League.

R-CULT's lawyers certainly appreciate those funds. They get paid whether they win or lose.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
R-CULT's lawyers certainly appreciate those funds. They get paid whether they win or lose.

~SH~

Are you saying packer attorneys don't?

Conman: "Are you saying packer attorneys don't?"

No but the packers are not initiating frivilous lawsuits against producers and feeders.

If they were initiating frivilous lawsuits like the packer blamers were, they would accuse feeders of market manipulation when feeders refused to sell and held out for higher prices instead.

That would be just as stupid.

~SH~

I sure would like to take a look at R-Calf books and see the real truth...

Latest posts