• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Such a waste

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Link below; my emphasis.

"The posthumous Purple Heart rested near the folded American flag on the modest dining-room table of his parents' home in Cleveland. Edward (Augie) Schroeder, a Boy Scout turned Marine, was killed along with 13 other soldiers on their fifth trip into Al Hadithah, Iraq, to clean out insurgents. Their fifth trip. "When you do something over and over again expecting a different result," Augie's grieving father, Paul, told me, "that is the definition of insanity." As the death toll of American soldiers in Iraq reached 2,000 last week, Paul Schroeder concluded that the military had not sent enough troops to Iraq to do the job properly and that the president was incompetent: "My son's life was thrown away, his death was a waste." Then, noting that he shared a birthday with his boy, he broke down and said he would not be able to celebrate his own birthday anymore.

Why did the US have to go back into Al Hadithah for the fifth time? All together now, one more time: because, in spite of professional military advice, the Bush Bunch didn't send enough troops to secure the country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9865068/site/newsweek/

THANK YOU Mr Clinton for downsizing the Military to the state we are in now. It takes more than 6 years to rebuild what was lost and you can NOT replace people with experience with new recruits.

MsSage said:
THANK YOU Mr Clinton for downsizing the Military to the state we are in now. It takes more than 6 years to rebuild what was lost and you can NOT replace people with experience with new recruits.

ROTFLMAO! Ah, the usual excuse: Blame Clinton. I guess you would blame him because the US Army and National Guard failed to meet their recruiting goals this year. It won't work. George W. Bush took the strongest, best equiped military in the world into the sands of Iraq and has seriously damaged it. It will survive because it has to, but it will cost billions of dollars to rebuild and replace equipment that is being over and misused in Iraq. And it will take years before Americans again trust their children to the Army and National Guard.

Democrat excuse: Well, y'all get to work with facts, we have to make stuff up. That's hard. (Of course, no democrat would say it, but that's their only real excuse.)Clinton was a fool. "That depends on what your definition of "is" is."- This quote being read one can only say, "fool". Clinton didn't give any care to actually fix problems, just that he looked good through it. And he wasn't even good at that. Pathetic.

. I guess you would blame him because the US Army and National Guard failed to meet their recruiting goals this year.
"William Clinton
Presidential Number: 42nd
Years he was President: 1993-2001..................Army, Air Force won't meet 1999 goals....the Army is short by about 6,300 recruits for 1999. The Air Force expects to end the year needing 1,700 enlistees to maintain current levels...................
Maybe Dis you should look at the 1999 Army recruiting shortfall, before you claim pre Iraq war recruiting was doing any better for Recruiting.
"An Army recruiting shortfall of more than 6,700 active-duty soldiers has set back a multi-year plan to expand the nation's land combat forces by 40,000 troops."
http://www.rand.org/publications/RB/RB7530/

Which goes to show that the Clinton's downsizing hurt todays Army more then Bush, The Afganastan war or the Iraq war....

and by the outlook, the Army's approach to recuiting and retention shows that it can overcome your anti-military outlooks and get new and existing forces to stay with the Army..

•Sept 05 recruiting was the highest month since 9/11...

Last 4 months of active duty recruiting exceeded 100 percent each month.
http://www.army.mil/recruitingandretention/
so after a short dip in numbers they have succeeded in gaining in end strenght, and exceeding goals, """Adapt, overcome"" something you fail to understand...

You can spin all you want, Steve, but for the first time in years, the US Army, the National Guard, and the Army Reserve all three failed to meet their annual requiting goals.

Meeting a monthly goal doesn't mean much, since they can and did lower those goals through the year. In June the Army met their goal, but it was several hundred recruits down from June 2004. And it's not because they had enough recruits. They're going into the new recruiting year with far fewer delayed reportings than they want because they've already used some of them for the past year. Our Army is in trouble and Bush nor Rumsfeld, and apparently you, don't care. I care.

and yet in 1999 when the Army posted numbers increadably similar to this years you ignored it and forgot to whine, ........

Faster horses said:
I'll tell you what's a waste (the name of this thread)~all the time disagreeable spends here. I haven't checked this out for quite some time, and she is still at it...same-o; same-o. Her life must be darn boring.

That's right: "same-o; same-o". Unlike George W. Bush's excuses for invading Iraq, the truth doesn't change. Glad you stopped by for a while, FS. :D

Latest posts