• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Summer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Not wanting to derail the other post. Was wondering how everyone summer has been. Ours has been about as close to perfect as we could ask for. We have gotten really dry as of late but can't complain. We have only reached 100+ degrees 3 times this summer. I believe it was 2013 we had close to two weeks in a row of 105+ temperature. Been mid 90's most of the time this year. Kept crops progressing all year.

Glad to hear. Those kind of summers only come a few times in a lifetime.
We were dry and cold to begin with, then got some moisture--enough for a hay crop. Then it turned off dry
but then we got some rain. Now it is hot and dry. Good combining weather they tell me. :D

It's been a summer like I've never seen. Flooding in June and July, didn't get first cutting hay done till mid August, just finished up chopping corn yesterday. Everything lush and green, has warmed back up this week. We had some lows in the 40's last week. Idk but we'll never see another summer like this. If I knew how I'd post pics but this is the most difficult site for that.

I'm not sure how many miles are between you and me, 3 M L & C, but our summer seems like it came straight from hell. We haven't gotten much rain but humidity has been around 70% nearly everyday. Temps close to or right at 100 degrees. Lots of grasshoppers. Soybeans and milo are hurting. Daily South winds 30+ mph take a quick toll and has brought sorghum aphids to the milo. Sort of like another day in Paradise :wink:

Here in the Big Muddy we were cold and dry then hot and dry. We got rain in late July which helped the pastures out and greened up the regrowth on the hay fields but it is dry again and the hay fields have browned of for the most part. Crops seemed OK in this area but some had hail damage. Hoping the cattle market is strong as I have 159 strs at the sale in Mankota tomorrow.

150 miles to Lincoln. Not so much the miles but the 1500 ft elevation difference I think. Our nights get a good 10 degrees cooler than yours even when the high are close to the same. I should have been more clear. Where we farm has been good summer. You go 20 miles east and it's really bad. You can go 10 miles south and looks like desert. Go 15 more south looks like an oasis. Past few years have been like this around here.

Latest posts