• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday morning church talk

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp

Reaction score
Kids always fasinate me because of their innocent, black and white look at the world. Attending our little country church yesterday morning.... the preacher always asks if there is anything we need to share or if anyone has something that needs prayed over.

We have a neat little guy that comes with his folks, about six or maybe seven that always seems to have something to share. He was streching his arm as far as he could and when the preacher called on him, Tristen said,

" Trucker got ran over at our place the other day."

Everybody spun around cause this was one piece of news we hadn't heard yet.

Preacher: What? What happened ? Who was it?

Tristen: " I told Ya, Trucker.....Trucker my dog."

Preacher:" Oh! I thought' A trucker' was ran over. Well, eh , that's too bad Tristen. I bet he'll be alright."

Tristen: "Nope, he's dead."

Embarassed Preacher now: " Oh! Eh, well that's too bad Tristen. We're sorry for your loss. How are you doing? Are you OK,?

Tristen shrugged: "Well, I only have to keep up with three of them now, instead of four."

Now that is a ranch kid's realistic look on life and death of a pet. Good for you Tristen. Mourn ,Accept it, Get over it. You can ride with me anytime and I'll saddle your horse.

We had a colt die this spring I sent Lane out to check on it and he come's walking back."Hey Dad The Colt's dead" he never batted an eye just went on his business he's 7.

When he was 4 we had a calf born with one testicle the size of a Lemon I did'nt know if there were gut's in the sack or what so we took the calf to the vet.The vet sent out the rookie vet to deal with it and he wanted to put a band on it I told him no lets cut him that way if there are guts we can stitch him up.Any how after several minutes and an ok from Doc he decides to start he keeps looking and looking and cleaned the area (Dicking Around) Lane pipes up "Hey all you have to do is pull down on the sack cut the bottom off yank'em out and toss'em to the Dog" The Vet replies to him "Do you want to do it?" to which Lane replies "Hell NO that's yer Job"

Kid's will say the darndest thing's.

Latest posts