• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday Morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
:stop:

Well.... What a day so far. Tractor battery dead, jumper cables gone.... No one open so had to drive to truck stop to buy heavy enough ones. Hydraulics won't operate Baler tailgate, can't get ahold of Ag West to send someone out,

Phone acting up, go to Apple Store, apparently water damage so $300 to replace.... And it isn't even noon yet.

Nicky said:
That's what you get for not going to church, lol

True Dat... It is actually kind of funny. I was anxious to get this baled as it is on a new lease where the guy is pretty picky. I've known him for about 10 years. Everything about getting this hayed has been a series of mechanical strange things. So, I really wanted to put this to bed.

I just couldn't really see what was wrong with the hydraulics... I was adjusting and nothing made sense. Well, the lower Hydraulic hose got bumped and was connected loosely to the remote on the tractor. But it really wasn't in. So simple that I should of easily seen it. Easily. It is the first thing I check when I have hydraulic issues with equipment. But, I just didn't see it.

I go into the dealer Monday to order the baler valve knob and then out to the field to fuel the tractor and other little things such as move trailers and equipment from near an area where the family will have a wedding this coming weekend. Something told me to just go try to bale again. I checked the hoses and saw the lower one just need pushed into the remote. Baled until the dew had left the windrows. This 550 doesn't like excessively dry hay and plugs up. So, i stopped rather than fighting it.

Everywhere else I needed to be Monday I made just in time. ;-}

Latest posts