• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday ride

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Went for a ride Sunday morning. Mainly to check part of a pasture that is hard to get to in a vehicle, but partly just to ride. Took the cammera along to show you what I get to enjoy most everyday.Had to cross the river right off. Started on a sandbar.

My version of "Foot prints in the Sand"

In my haste to try to beat the heat, I forgot to apply bug repellant to Frog.

Deer Flies were chewing him up. Some kind of bug was after Squeek too, while we got a breather before heading up a TALL SOFT hill.

Part way up needed to stop for another breather. Cinch was trying to find shade in the Sagebrush.

The view from the top.

Squeek surveying the valley.

Back down along the river we have an abundance of fruit this year. A few Plums.

LOTS of Grapes.

The vines are hard on trees, and will unload a person off their horse in a hurry.

Lots of ChokeCherries, that are about ready for picking if anyone wants them.

We cheated on the way home and crossed the "foot/ sidekick" bridge. Its only 6 feet wide. That is why I drive a Suzki Sidekick for a ranch vehicle.

Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did.

per

Reaction score
That was a rather enjoyable Monday morning tour for me. There looks to be a forest on the other side of the river. Is it a different type of soil over there?

LazyWP

Reaction score
per said:
That was a rather enjoyable Monday morning tour for me. There looks to be a forest on the other side of the river. Is it a different type of soil over there?

That and one other hill are the only areas on the whole ranch where we have Sagebrush. Must be a different type of soil, but you couldn't prove it by me. I should have taken a picture of the area where I had come from. Its mainly forested too. Where I took the pictures of the grapes and such is all at the base of the the hill.

Latest posts