• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Superbowl predictions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
GO Broncos!!!!! Carolina 23 Denver 30

Hope the Denver defense knocks the smile off of Cam's face and he spends the day getting up close with the grass at the stadium.

would like to see Peyton win and leave the NFL... would also like to see the kid who was the focus in the movie "The Blind Side" win, who plays for Carolina. really don't have a dog in the fight, so I will enjoy the commercials, and the food.....

Carolina will walk all over the Broncos it will be worse than what the Seahawks did to them a couple years back.

Not a prediction, but interesting to me.
Cameron Newton became the first former Auburn Tiger to win the NFL MVP award tonight at the NFL's annual pre-Super Bowl awards Ceremony. The League has awarded their MVP trophy every season since 1957.

The NFL MVP is a regular season award, so his playoff stats don't matter. In the regular season, Newton threw for 3,847 yards and 35 touchdowns. He also ran for 636 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has more seasons with 300 passing yards and 500 rushing yards than any other quarterback in NFL history. He has more games with both a rushing and passing touchdown than any other quarterback in NFL history. He owns those records and he's only been playing professional football for five years.

He's playing at the top of his game right now, and playing it with pure joy. He definitely deserved this honor, tonight, and hopefully he adds a Vince Lombardi Trophy to his resume, tomorrow. If he does, he'll be truly elite in the sport of football by possessing a Heisman Trophy, 2 College National Championships, NFL MVP, and Super Bowl trophy. He will also have won the top player honors and league championship trophies in the same season in both cases.

Not bad for a guy so many thought would never succeed at the highest level, right?

Newton was also part of another small bit of history, tonight. Never in the history of the NFL or Major League Baseball has any school ever had alumni win the MVP in both leagues in the same season. Cam Newton won the NFL MVP, and former Auburn baseball star Josh Donaldson recently won the American League Most Valuable Player Award in MLB.

Big Muddy rancher said:
ABBB=Any Body But Brady

Peyton is definitely a good guy, and a good sport. Defense will play a big part in this game, I believe. Defensive mistakes will get one of them beat.

Here's a couple of tidbits about the game tonight....

Head referee Clete Blakeman is a former Big XII referee, a native of Norfolk, Nebraska, and a former Husker QB. He played backup to starting QB Steve Taylor.

Peyton was asked if there was anything else that he wished he could have accomplished in his collegiate or pro football career. His reply consisted of four words: "I couldn't beat Nebraska". That January night in 1998 must still haunt him.

loomixguy said:
Here's a couple of tidbits about the game tonight....

Head referee Clete Blakeman is a former Big XII referee, a native of Norfolk, Nebraska, and a former Husker QB. He played backup to starting QB Steve Taylor.

Peyton was asked if there was anything else that he wished he could have accomplished in his collegiate or pro football career. His reply consisted of four words: "I couldn't beat Nebraska". That January night in 1998 must still haunt him.

"Prehistoric History". lol

What a great game! Yipeeeeeee! Denver's defense kept Cam off-balanced and on his kister all night! Payton rides off into the sunset as a champion.

Observations....

Peyton is pure class, polite, respectful, just an all around gentleman. His Carolina counterpart...not so much. I learned all I needed to know about Mr. Cam "MVP" Newton last night when he refused to go for a loose ball right at his feet, showed up at the post game press conference looking like Trayvon Martin, and then stormed out of said press conference before it was over. No class whatsoever. That spells spoiled little diva to me. Auburn should tell Cam's daddy they want their money back.

Cam Newton lost twice tonight.

The Panthers fell to Peyton Manning and the Broncos 24-10 in Super Bowl 50, but that might not even be the worst of it.

Because of the jock tax and California's extremely high tax rate, Newton will be forking over $159,200 to the state.

On top of his regular earnings, Newton received a $51,000 bonus for taking Carolina to the Super Bowl. That means he is paying California a 198.8 percent tax rate.

Oh, and he will still be taxed by the federal government for this game, and he will be taxed by the feds and his home state for the rest of the season.

Manning's paycheck for Super Bowl 50 has not been discussed, but in Super Bowl 48, he was the quarterback on the losing side of tax laws (and the game).

Manning paid the state of New Jersey almost $47,000 in taxes. His bonus for taking his team to the Super Bowl and losing? It was $46,000.

Auburn should tell Cam's daddy they want their money back.

Now you sound exactly like your buddy up north with the lying. I thought a Huckster might be at least a tiny bit truthful, or do more investigation on the subject......................but I guess not.

Auburn was completely exonerated from any "pay for play" scheme involving Cam, or even discussing it. And even Mississippi State blew the whistle on Rogers to the SEC, and they in turn notified the NCAA.

Mike, you have any thoughts on the things your boy DID do during and after the game rather than concentrate on what he DIDN'T (supposedly) do a few years before the game?

I never said Cam should give Auburn's money back..... I said his daddy should. I'm sure they had the best people money could buy investigating.

Latest posts