• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Supreme Court Rules

Help Support Ranchers.net:

V_Key

Reaction score
Cattle Alert: Supreme Court Rules Beef Checkoff Constitutional

The U.S. Supreme Court today ruled that the Beef Checkoff Program is constitutional, thus allowing the program's demand-building efforts to continue. The decision overturns a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit that found the federal Beef Promotion and Research Act in violation of the First Amendment. The checkoff has helped grow consumer demand for beef more than 25 percent since 1998 and has increased the prices that producers receive for their cattle

Story: http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?contentid=5005

V_Key said:
Cattle Alert: Supreme Court Rules Beef Checkoff Constitutional

The U.S. Supreme Court today ruled that the Beef Checkoff Program is constitutional, thus allowing the program's demand-building efforts to continue. The decision overturns a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit that found the federal Beef Promotion and Research Act in violation of the First Amendment. The checkoff has helped grow consumer demand for beef more than 25 percent since 1998 and has increased the prices that producers receive for their cattle

Story: http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?contentid=5005
Good! What goes around - comes around!

I hate to see MY money spent by others, be it taxes spent by the ignorant a$$e$ in Washington, or the check off dollars spent by supposed industry leaders.

granted, the beef promotion has generated a higher price, that I have benefited from, but I wonder what percent of the money is used for those purposes.

I am assuming that 50 % of the money is delegated into "administative funding" if these dorks were so profoundly pushed to advance to allure of beef, then they would work cheap. I bet the top 10 people there are pulling in 50 to 100 thousand a year.

change it from beef check off to beef rip off.

jigs said:
I hate to see MY money spent by others, be it taxes spent by the ignorant a$$e$ in Washington, or the check off dollars spent by supposed industry leaders.

granted, the beef promotion has generated a higher price, that I have benefited from, but I wonder what percent of the money is used for those purposes.

{You can check www.beefboard.org to look at the finances. Advertising is the largest part of the current budget, but there is respectable amounts for the research and product development as well. I believe most honest people would admit after checking into the Beef Checkoff, that the results for the money spent is phenomenal and that waste is an absolute minimum. MRJ}

I am assuming that 50 % of the money is delegated into "administative funding" if these dorks were so profoundly pushed to advance to allure of beef, then they would work cheap. I bet the top 10 people there are pulling in 50 to 100 thousand a year.

{I don't know your understanding of the word "dork", nor what you mean by "profoundly pushed to advance to allure of beef, then they would work cheap", but my understanding of the word better fits you judging by what you wrote here.

MRJ}

change it from beef check off to beef rip off.

{jigs, guess you haven't checked out or listened to much information on the Beef Checkoff. The law requires that overhead cannot exceed 5% of projected checkoff income for the year.

The salaries of the few (think it is 8 or 9) checkoff staff people is reasonable and very probably on the low side of the going rate for the education, experience and talents required. I believe you would find very few, near what you claim.
MRJH}

Quote: "The checkoff has helped grow consumer demand for beef more than 25 percent since 1998 and has increased the prices that producers receive for their cattle."

And just what in the hell did they do between 1985 and 1998 and why would any fool think they deserve all the credit now!!!!!!!

Latest posts