• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

T for Texas (pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
My wife and I went on a quick trip to Texas. Seen lots of cool stuff I wish I could of got a picture of but we were too busy cruising. Seen a possum on a half shell "armadillo", a turtle, a real Texas Longhorn, a lot of rain, a zillion grasshoppers and they were huge. And I seen this strange bug.

IMG_2540.jpg

Seen lots of these.
IMG_2543.jpg

Texas state animal.
IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

A sheep feedlot.
IMG_2545.jpg

A town we passed threw.
IMG_2551.jpg

Canadian river.
IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Really enjoyed the state and even found a couple good places to eat.

We stayed in Brownwood. On the way down we went threw Childress down threw Abiline and Coleman.

We ate at Humphrey Pete's Wednesday night and at Underwood's Thursday afternoon. Really enjoyed both places.

who's bulls did you look at?? i live in brownwood, well blanket which is right outside of brownwood, you didn't find much good to eat in here unless you went to the steak house in santa anna

Carter said:
who's bulls did you look at?? i live in brownwood, well blanket which is right outside of brownwood.

Blanket is where I actually went to look at the bull. If you know of a Hereford breeder in Blanket you can probably figure out where I went :D .

Supposedly the Canadian river was named that because French traders that had been thru the area had seen Traders from Canada camped somewhere along it's path.

There's also a town near Hereford, named White Face.

Nope....I'm about 5 hours south east of there. We have our family reunion every year at Lake Brownwood tho...so I know the area. Spent lots of time up in the Pan Handle and west Texas growin up.

Latest posts