• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tax Scofflaws

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, we received a letter from the IRS that they were auditing our 2010 tax return.I got my files out and reviewed the return which had been prepared by a CPA.

I discovered that the accountant had deducted a $530 item twice. There were also a couple of deductions I hadn't bothered with since they were small.

The result of the audit was that I owed an additional $74.00 which the IRS said we didn't have to pay. They apparently don't pursue collections of less than $200.

The auditor was pleasant and we resolved the entire thing in about 30 minutes.

He was in a bit of hurry to get onto another case.

They had a tax (non)payer who had NEVER even filed a tax return in his life.

By the time the taxes were calculated, penalties and interest added, he owed them $34 million. I'll bet the SOB never did a thing for his country in his life. Of course, the name of the person was not disclosed.

That case is going to trial and they will ask for the money and prison time.

Cowpuncher said:
A couple of months ago, we received a letter from the IRS that they were auditing our 2010 tax return.I got my files out and reviewed the return which had been prepared by a CPA.

I discovered that the accountant had deducted a $530 item twice. There were also a couple of deductions I hadn't bothered with since they were small.

The result of the audit was that I owed an additional $74.00 which the IRS said we didn't have to pay. They apparently don't pursue collections of less than $200.

The auditor was pleasant and we resolved the entire thing in about 30 minutes.

He was in a bit of hurry to get onto another case.

They had a tax (non)payer who had NEVER even filed a tax return in his life.

By the time the taxes were calculated, penalties and interest added, he owed them $34 million. I'll bet the SOB never did a thing for his country in his life. Of course, the name of the person was not disclosed.

That case is going to trial and they will ask for the money and prison time.

Only if he is a Conservative if he is a Liberal he will be put on Obama's short list of appointees and Oldtimer will be on Rancher's telling us all how he uses e verify and drug tests all of his employees. :roll: [/b]

Latest posts