• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tea Party tells OWS: We're patriots and you're a mob

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
0
Location
real world
Brendan Steinhauser of the grass-roots conservative organization FreedomWorks told Newsmax the difference between the two groups is clear. He pointed out that, when the tea party movement blossomed in 2009, “No one was assaulted, no one trashed the place, no one relieved themselves on cop cars because we respect private property rights and we respect public property rights.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Tea Party Launches Attacks on 'Occupy Wall Street'
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!


and there is the key. The OWS protesters do not respect the right to property. And any government official that supports them, does not understand or respect the right to property either.

Excessive taxation and big government is an attack on personal property and liberty
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
1
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
leave it to Coulter to give the movement a fitting name...

the Flea party..

since the liberal democrats have tried to compare them to the Tea party movement.. we should use their words that they used to understand what this new Flea Party movement really is..

.
the Flea party.. "angry mobs", "rabid Left-wing extremists."
"mob." , "rabble rousing." , "un-American." , "evil mongers." , referred to as an obscure gay sex act"

yep,.. the description fits... :lol: :lol: and it is their own words.. :lol:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Larrry said:
Just watched a bunch of "occupy" protestors getting arrested on the news. What a group

And they are getting what they want publicity... If I had been Bloomberg, I would have waited til midweek- when a large snow, ice, rain, wind event is supposed to sweep thru the east coast-- and you would no longer have the large group to be arrested and getting their pictures on the news channels...
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
1
Location
Montgomery, Al
And they are getting what they want publicity...

Yes and mostly all bad. Folks are figuring out that these are a bunch of freeloaders wanting something for nothing.

Maybe they had a change of heart last night and cleaned up after themselves?
 

flounder

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
2,631
Reaction score
0
Location
TEXAS
re-Tea Party tells OWS: We're patriots and you're a mob


:? :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:
 

hopalong

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
0
Location
Az.
flounder said:
re-Tea Party tells OWS: We're patriots and you're a mob


:? :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

Yawn at DR terry the h/s drop out turned expert in his own mind...
 

hopalong

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
0
Location
Az.
flounder said:
re-Tea Party tells OWS: We're patriots and you're a mob


:? :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

Yawn at DR terry the h/s drop out turned expert in his own mind...
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
I think the OWS protests are doing some good in that they may spur some more prosecutions and put pressure on some judges to put more of these white collar crooks behind bars..

Old Bernie has it right- a kid smoking a joint can go to prison- but a CEO of a corporation that plays roulette with their investors money and bankrupts the company gets a government bailout- and then either a government funded bonus or a multimillion dollar retirement golden parachute....

Geithner: Action against Wall St. coming
CloseBy TIM MAK | 10/14/11 10:51 AM EDT Updated: 10/14/11 11:58 AM EDT
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner suggested Friday that a new round of “dramatic enforcement actions” against Wall Street wrongdoing is coming.

“Stay tuned for that,” Geithner said.

Asked on CNBC about the Occupy Wall Street movement’s frustrations over the lack of criminal charges related to the financial crisis, Geithner said action is on the way.

“You’ve seen very, very dramatic enforcement actions already by the enforcement authorities across the U.S. government, and I’m sure you’re going to see more to come. You should stay tuned for that,” he said.

Progressive groups have often pushed for Wall Street CEOs to be prosecuted for the financial crisis of 2008.

“I think there are some investigations — hopefully, they will lead to criminal charges, but what I think the average American is saying is that if a kid smokes marijuana, that kid could end up in jail. These people [on Wall Street], because of their activity, destroyed the economy. Millions of people lost their jobs, their homes, their life savings, and now they’re making more than they ever did before,” said independent Rep. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) last month on CNN.

Geithner Friday said the Obama administration had moved swiftly after the crisis to put into place new protections for consumers and investors.

“We moved very quickly to put in place a much stronger set of rules of the game across the financial sector. Now, we’re now facing a lot of resistance to those rules, but we’re going to make sure that we deliver the promise of those reforms, which is a much tougher set of rules across the system against risk-taking and much stronger protections for consumers,” he said.

Geithner responded to the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations by asserting that their unhappiness was due to the sluggish pace of overall economic growth.

“What you see is a general sense across the country of concern that the U.S. economy is not growing faster, you’re not seeing incomes rise more rapidly, and people want to make sure that the government, Washington, is acting to make things better now. As part of that, they want to see us deliver much stronger protections for consumers and investors as an economy as a whole,” Geithner said on CNBC.

The Treasury Secretary added that the domestic focus was to ensure that Congress would take steps that would encourage economic growth and lower the deficit.

“What we’re focused on is trying to make sure that we are doing everything to encourage Congress. … to take some steps now that can make growth stronger in the United States, and tie that to reforms to bring down our long-term deficits,” he said.

Geithner’s comments about a new round of “enforcement actions” comes as Raj Rajaratnam, the former head of the Galleon Group hedge fund, was sentenced to 11 years in prison Thursday for insider trading — the strictest sentence ever for that crime.




Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65969.html#ixzz1am7KGhpa
 

hopalong

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
0
Location
Az.
oldtimer do you really believe that the OWS was the reason for that sentence and not the fact it was the largest (LARGEST) insider trading scheme ever???

Rajaratnam, 54, must report to federal prison Nov. 28 after being convicted in what prosecutors said is the largest insider- trading case ever. The co-founder of the Galleon Group LLC hedge fund didn’t speak publicly before his trial, take the witness stand during it, or comment afterwards.

99% of the pre sentencing repeorst were made before OWS started... But go ahead and buy into the spin that tax cheat TIM spouts out. as a SUPPOSED judge one would hope you knew better ..
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
1
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
“I think there are some investigations — hopefully, they will lead to criminal charges,

suggested Friday that a new round of “dramatic enforcement actions” against Wall Street wrongdoing is coming.

“You’ve seen very, very dramatic enforcement actions already by the enforcement authorities across the U.S. government, and I’m sure you’re going to see more to come. You should stay tuned for that,” he said.

Translation:

so in the lead up to the elections, as a way of appeasing liberal little socialists, Gaither will press charges against a few wall-street CEO's

since trials take forever, it won't be until after the re-election of Zero that the charges are dropped due to a lack of evidence but stay tuned, because the well scripted event will be dramatic and played on every station for weeks leading up to the election... ..
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
OWS has been going on for months- and no matter the presentence report or anything else- if you believe that Judges- from local thru federal aren't impacted by public opinion- you are very well mistaken...

Doesn't matter if its a local issue or a major national issue-all the way to the SCOTUS- the influence of the public regarding the issue plays heavily- somewhat on the decision-but much more heavily on the sentence.......
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
1
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
if the justices are so easily influenced then they shouldn't be justices..

Since the 15th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold represents objectivity, in that justice is or should be meted out objectively, without fear or favor, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness; blind justice and impartiality.

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice

without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the

rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform

all the duties incumbent upon me as ________ under the Constitution and

laws of the United States. So help me God."
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Steve said:
if the justices are so easily influenced then they shouldn't be justices..

Since the 15th century, Lady Justice has often been depicted wearing a blindfold. The blindfold represents objectivity, in that justice is or should be meted out objectively, without fear or favor, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness; blind justice and impartiality.

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice

without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the

rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform

all the duties incumbent upon me as ________ under the Constitution and

laws of the United States. So help me God."

If you believe that Judges aren't heavily influenced by the world happenings around them-- then you are very naive......

Judges (thank God) are people too-- and have to put their pants on the same way you do every day...

If not we might as well have Robots sitting in the position!!!!!! :(
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,390
Reaction score
696
Location
Big Muddy valley
Oldtimer said:
OWS has been going on for months- and no matter the presentence report or anything else- if you believe that Judges- from local thru federal aren't impacted by public opinion- you are very well mistaken...

Doesn't matter if its a local issue or a major national issue-all the way to the SCOTUS- the influence of the public regarding the issue plays heavily- somewhat on the decision-but much more heavily on the sentence.......


Months? :? :roll:

The New York Wall Street protests enter 27th day


Sabir Shah
Saturday, October 15, 2011




LAHORE: The “Occupy Wall Street” protests had begun 27 days ago in New York on September 17 this year and have since spread across the nation like a jungle fire as the angry protestors continue to demand of the Obama administration to end the influence that corporate money and lobbyists enjoy over the American politicians.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=9578&Cat=13
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
OWS has been going on for months- and no matter the presentence report or anything else- if you believe that Judges- from local thru federal aren't impacted by public opinion- you are very well mistaken...

Doesn't matter if its a local issue or a major national issue-all the way to the SCOTUS- the influence of the public regarding the issue plays heavily- somewhat on the decision-but much more heavily on the sentence.......


Months? :? :roll:

The New York Wall Street protests enter 27th day


Sabir Shah
Saturday, October 15, 2011




LAHORE: The “Occupy Wall Street” protests had begun 27 days ago in New York on September 17 this year and have since spread across the nation like a jungle fire as the angry protestors continue to demand of the Obama administration to end the influence that corporate money and lobbyists enjoy over the American politicians.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=9578&Cat=13

Well I thouht of it that way because the letters and e-mails being sent out by Howard Deans Democracy for America (that is behind this) asking for donations- and selling yard signs saying "We are part of the 99" (or something like that) to continue the protests, say this is only one step in a part of the movement that began in Wisconsin and other states this summer and has continued since and have been going on for months....

They are all tied together....One of the fliers being sent out by teachers asks why you ask a teacher making $50,000 a year to cut his/her pay by 5%- when you won't ask a millionaire or multimillionaire to increase his tax's paid by 5%...Who does it impact more :???:
 

Latest posts

Top