• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Technical Assistance Needed On Ranch Life

Help Support Ranchers.net:

JoeNYC said:
My story is a 100 page screenplay about a teen triangle romance. There are only a few scenes that I need to show daily ranch life.

And I assure you my portrayal of ranches will show them to be honest, hardworking people.

Joe may not be reading us here any longer, but the point he makes indicates that only a few scenes will show daily ranch life. I understand that to mean that his "teen triangle romance" will be the bulk of his story, with just enough "country" tossed in to make a ranch setting seem plausible.

What he probably does not realize is that the up-bringing of ranch kids is so remotely different from his inner city experience, that this "triangle" interaction would be a completely different set of circumstances. Yes, kids will be kids but ranch kids typically have different values than those from the city.

The nuances and intricacies of ranch life would naturally permeate the entire work. He is mislead if he thinks he can take his triangle out of the city and make it work in the country without adequate, personal experience in the specific ranch country he wants to portray.

Thankyou Soapweed. I am a very avid reader, or a bookworm to some. I read all genres as long as they can keep me interested. Stories about ranch life or cowboyin, either historic or modern day, true or fiction, it don't matter. I prefer historic true type writing when I can find it though. Tha's why I always enjoy your old stories Soap. One thing I am bad about though is nitpicking inaccuracies in the fiction stories. In my opinion they take away from the story and diminish it. A story could be so much better if the writers will just go that extra mile and do a little research. I sent Joe a pm and I hope he will call. Maybe I can help a little bit.

Have a great day all.

Tex

JoeNYC said:
What time does the work day begin and end? Is the work week 5 days or 6 days a week?
If you do what you love for a living, you'll never have to work a day in your life.

I'm sure by "Teen Love Triangle" NYC ment: God, The Ranch, His/Her Favorite Horse. Right :shock:

Latest posts