• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Telehandlkers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Hope everybody has tgeir seatbelt fastened but I`m actually going to ask a question about iron. Ty and I have been checking them out the last ewhile-a few guys have picked them up. We do 0 pto work but lots of loader so would fiut perfect. I am especially impressed with how heavy the pins and axles are. Just wondered if any of you had much experience with them.Thyey are less the 50% of what a FWA tractor of equivalent hp are.

They are fantastic for putting up powerlines, shingling a house, lifting rafters, etc. and fun to drive.
You will never have to open another gate either. Just drive up, extend the boom and dump. :lol:

NR........are you trying to one-up poor old leaning H on mechanized hunting! :lol: A TH with the boom extended would give you a heck of a shooting platform......just not sure on how good it would be at crossing the muskeg swamps! :wink: :p :lol:

neighbor bought one to stack his hay higher, from 9 high to15( small squares) figured he paid for it by not having to build more shed. then he found all the other uses for it . says it eliminated two ordinary style loader tractors. but there both still there though :wink: :lol:

Almost too good to be true-my friends is siting at thge neighbors I might have to to watch it in action. We wewre thinking of getting a bi skidstreer on tracks but I think think a zoomboom has quite a few more applications that we can use it for.

I have a friend that has a john deere one and he said that he really likes it says it was the best thing he has ever bought. He went with the deere brand because of all the attachments that were offered with it. I personally have not run one but I have been looking at them for the same reasons. I did find some on tractorhouse.com let us know if you get one and how you like or dislike it.

skidsteer track & rollers have about a 1000 hr life , big money to replace .

I think it is Degelman has one out with a PTO and remotes at the rear. Of course they are new with a new price.
I was wondering about them but we went with a payloader as digging and loading dirt and gravel was one of our priorities.

Biggest problem in no one machine can do it all, you give up digging power if you go for reach , speed for flotation ect. :?

Maybe Ty has some buddies that are framers/roofers etc. They're at the age where partnering up could help an ambitious young guy get a start. The way you guys feed in paddocks it might as well sit at a construction site as your yard. You've still got the swing set to hang the moose/jumpers.

Actually we have some fairly big jobs lined up over next couple years-Ty is referncing from top to bottom so I think we'll keep it pretty busy-Megan has a new place to develop also.I can always lease one to see how it fits. I might not know how to do things right but I have a PHD. in doing things wrong.

starvin'dog said:
Maybe Ty has some buddies that are framers/roofers etc. They're at the age where partnering up could help an ambitious young guy get a start. The way you guys feed in paddocks it might as well sit at a construction site as your yard. You've still got the swing set to hang the moose/jumpers.

It's an item I'd love to have one of, but can't justify owning---unless I figgered on renting it out---and on renting, obvious use would be to builders and there they would be operated very carefully and sit most of the time, not much wear and tear. Another thing I've thought about getting is a skid steer---which I'd rent figuring on being rammed and jammed, they look pretty hard to tear up.

As I get older I feel NEVER loan out your equipment!

A neighbor wanted to use my skid steer to " move a welder" :? as he had about a weeks work and wanted to keep the welder inside at night.

He totally distroyed the bucket, :mad: broke the brackets that hold the remote hydrolics, :mad: bent the gas shock :mad: that helps raise the cab and it came back with a broken hose :mad: ( not worn, ripped off ) 3 beer bottles in the cab and 3" of mud in the engine compartment and floorboards! :mad:

Turns out he " removed" several large trees and built a new road by going in the creek and hauling out gravel.

This will cost me about $2,000.00 to put back! I repeat NEVER loan out or rent your equipment!

FH is right about that one. Send him a bill for about $4000, there may be more damage that hasn't shown up yet.

Some neighbors I let borrow equipment and some I do custom work for if they need my equipment.

Thought I would show a couple of pictures of the damage.

This is the drive cage on the passenger side. A nut came off and it was pointed out to him but instead of putting a nut on he just ran it for three more days.
drivecage.jpg

The result was ripping a hydrolic hose till it cracked. It looks like an all day job to get to the other end of the line so I brazed it.
brazejob.jpg

This is the top of the bucket
topoftornbucket.jpg

And the bottom showint the quick attchment shooved right thru the back of the bucket - - - Did I mention this bucket is less than 6 months old?
tornbucket.jpg

As far as how the hydrolic connectors and electrical connector got bent your guess is as good as mine

electricalconnector.jpg

As you can tell the electrical connector is bent completely backwards! The hydrolic connectors are just bent off to the side.
hydrolicconnectors.jpg

The only way I can think of to bend the gas shock that helps lift the cab would be to have the lift arms up and push against something with the side of the machine.
gasshock.jpg

I know it is just a little bent but before I could lift the cab by myself with little effort, Now it takes two very strong men and then me to put a brace in place to hold it!

I'm not sure if you can make this out but the machine was cleaned inside and out the day before it went to him and it came back with 3" of mud in the engine compartment as well as the cab! I am trying to scrape the mud out!
enginedirt.jpg

just think of the loose hay stack you could build with a push-off farmhand basket adapted to fit on a telehandler, WOW :!:

Faster horses said:
That guy is no neighbor, he's a USER!

And is probably guilty of fraud, theft of services---basically a liar and a thief.

I'd say communicate with the individual, that don't work, communicate with the court system. That is liable to be more productive than posting pictures. Generally, in order to get screwed, you need to assume/maintain the position.

I have left several voice mail messages that have not been returned and I sent the pictures to his email - - - - I am willing to come to an agreement but he needs to talk to me!

Latest posts