• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Telemarketer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Recently I answered a phone call from the NFIB (National Federation of Independent Businesses). They are a worthy organization that I have seen fit to support for many years. Normally they support good conservative candidates who fight for the interests of small businesses and family farms and ranches. However, they ticked me off in the 2006 election, as they were endorsing Nebraska Democratic Ben Nelson for United States Senate. Nelson's opponent was Republican Pete Ricketts, whom I supported.

In the recent phone call from NFIB, one of their "selling points" about having me renew my membership was that they were fervently fighting to repeal ObamaCare. That is noble of them, and I commend their efforts. The flip side of the whole deal though, is that Ben Nelson is the traitor who was bought off by Obama, and Nelson cast the deciding vote for ObamaCare to become law in the first place. As I pointed out to the NFIB representative, it is a lot easier to prevent forest fires than to try to fight them after they get started.

This is a classic example of why the "feely-good" philosophy of "by golly, I vote for the person, not the party" usually does not bear positive fruit. A person had better just figure out which party falls more in line with their personal philosophy and vote a straight party ticket. When the chips are down birds of a feather never fail to flock together.

P.S. Even the NRA, the National Rifle Association, saw fit to endorse Ben Nelson in 2006. Even though he was a Democrat, Ben Nelson's earlier political leanings reflected the wishes of his conservative state. Ben Nelson completely let down his constituency. Now Bob Kerrey is the Democratic hopeful wishing to follow in Nelson's foot-steps. If we think Ben Nelson is bad, just allow Bob Kerrey to be the next United States senator from Nebraska. Bob Kerrey doesn't have Nebraska's interests at heart; Bob Kerrey only has Bob Kerrey's interests in his New York loving heart.

"Bob Kerrey doesn't have Nebraska's interests at heart; Bob Kerrey only has Bob Kerrey's interests in his New York loving heart."

Soap, you need to send this to the Omaha World Herald Public Pulse.

Amen! Let's send Kerrey and his wooden leg packing back to NYC, where he belongs!

I still smile when I think of the constipated look on his face when Condi Rice tore him a new one during the 9/11 hearings! :lol: If elected, he will be nothing more than Obama's bit*h for the duration.

Latest posts