• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tell me what you think of this Red Angus Family!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
What do you all think of this Family. The cow is the maternal grand dam of the bull. Don't have a photo of the dam but she looks almost exactly like her dam, pictured here.

8174.jpg

LMGGillsMonument4562.jpg

Honestly? The cow looks great, but the bull does nothing for me. Heavy on the front, and too pot-gutted.

Love the phenotype on the cow. She might be a bit big (how big?) but a very good cow either way. The bull looks a bull. I would have to see him in person with his herd mates to give you a good opinion of him.

Are you going to breed that cow to your new bull? That cow looks like she would be good on Dakota Copper himself.

Some other options for that cow could be Hoss (in my opinion). If you think way outside the box I'm sure mike would have a great Char bull for that cow. :D :D :D

PM me on what that bull calf is sired by.

Take care little buddy!!

If I was a commercial man, I would think about using Mikes good bull. But I am not into the composite thing. So I will stay with my reds.

We will have to see what the new owners of the cow will want to flush her too. We may use him on her. Time will tell I guess.

We will most likely flush her to the Advance 121R full brother we have first.

Really like the cow, I like the length she has AND with the depth of her, she should be a real MEAT factory, also a very good udder. The calf I think is better than the picture shows him, I like his depth also, but need to see him with his back legs together, might improve his top line, just don't think the picture is doing him justice, Do think you got a good factory there so stay with it!!!!! 101

Soap,

I was thinkin the same. This Bull looks potbellied, the other didn't. The Cow reminded me of some of mine,

PPRM

The cow looks very nice.....except she's red!! lol

The bull wouldn't be one i'd chose for my program. Besides the fact he's red he is heavy bellied and his brisket isn't real clean. I also think the photo of the bull could be set up to his advantage if his legs were straight underneath him. Every little thing helps to give them the best photo opportunity.

cow looks good assuming she is old because the udder is starting to break down some as I'd like to see some more base.

bull does nothing for me, lacks depth and capactiy. just has the look of a hard doer.

Latest posts