• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond said:
Awesome, anyone have wheat in the ground for possible pasture?

Got 9/10ths....Still need more moisture to plant winter pasture....appears an inch of rain (24 days ago) penetrates to about 3 inches and lasts about 14 days in 95 to 105 degree temps before it's gone without a trace. If I had any moisture at all below the recent rain I'd be planting. Right now all it will do is ruin seed.

Faster horses said:
nortexsook said:
like I said, soon enough, if orders can get filled, they will get filled with what is available and the buyer won't be able to specify this or that............

it's coming.....

I think the buyer can specify whatever he wants. If what he
wants is priced at a premium, he can choose to pay it, or
buy something else. Supply and demand....

I sat in the sale barn all day today and every time a red calf or 2 ran in with black calves it was cut out and discounted .10-.20 It did not matter what breed, as long as it had red hide it was getting pulled out.

We got 2.5 inches and every drop went into the ground. Summer grasses has pretty much die out and some oats, rye and clover has started coming up, but would stay long if we don't get some more water soon. The Crawfish guy has gave up on the crawfish since his well have stop flowing now. Boy what a bad time to be starting out farming and ranching around here. Most of the cattle around have been moved out or gone to kill. The last time I was at a sale barn they had buyers from Tenn to Florda buying most of the grown cows to go home. The cows I had for a guy was even shipped to Ca. ranch. It crazy to see how far people go to buy good stock.

Latest posts