• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thailand and MBM imports

Help Support Ranchers.net:

What kind of luck is that to be in the UK only 1 year and to be one of the older people who gets vCJD?

I guess that would depend on the amount of infected meat you ate etc.

Bad luck I would think. But luck is not scientific evidence!

I would think with the amounts of MBM exported from the Uk ( if that's the cause), we would be seeing clusters of vCJD by now, right?

GENERAL NEWS
Brit-born Texan diagnosed with vCJD

by Pete Hisey on 11/21/2005 for Meatingplace.com

A 30-year-old British male living in Houston is believed to be the second victim of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, the human form of bovine spongiform encephalopathy, in the United States.

The victim moved to Houston in 2001 to work for Shell Oil after spending most of his life in Great Britain. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention planned to issue a report with more detail over the weekend.

The victim apparently alarmed relatives during phone calls home this year with changes in his personality. An MRI and examination resulted in the diagnosis of probable vCJD. According to his family, the victim has no history of risk factors such as surgery, blood transfusions or IV drug use during his time in Texas.

While it appears that he was exposed to the disease while living in the United Kingdom, he will be considered a U.S. victim for purposes of reporting the disease.

Latest posts