• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thankful

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
For Homeland security for telling me how to cook my turkey. If only Bush had them tell us prior to 2001 then our lives would have been different. It is so sad that Bush was on a a break and couldn't have had homeland security help us with our turkeys.

I heard they have also warned against sticking a fork in the toaster :lol:

oh and to not swim for at least an hour after eating :lol: :wink:

If it wasn't for the Bush Tax cuts maybe DHS would have been able to make a video on the dangers of drinking water straight from the garden hose :lol:

There now- another thing you can thank GW for...
Prior to GW there was no Dept of Homeland Security- but thanks to GW he combined all or portions of 187 agencies and Departments ( including some aspects of Health and Human Services) into the biggest and most powerful bureaucracy this country has ever seen...

And if you remember- the tax cuts didn't slow down GW either- he just kept saying "charge it"...And if you protested that spending- you were proclaimed unAmerican and unpatriotic...

So now they have Zillions $ to tell the Larrry's of the world not to eat raw turkey- or how not to burn down your house with hot oil turkey cookers... :wink: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Prior to GW there was no Dept of Homeland Security- but thanks to GW he combined all or portions of 187 agencies and Departments ( including some aspects of Health and Human Services) into the biggest and most powerful bureaucracy this country has ever seen...

And if you remember- the tax cuts didn't slow down GW either- he just kept saying "charge it"...And if you protested that spending- you were proclaimed unAmerican and unpatriotic...

So now they have Zillions $ to tell the Larrry's of the world not to eat raw turkey- or how not to burn down your house with hot oil turkey cookers... :wink: :lol:

you are so right oldtimer!! :shock: and we have obama to thank for doubling down on that losing hand don't we? :x

Can you just admit it, just once?

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

you are so right oldtimer!! :shock: and we have obama to thank for doubling down on that losing hand don't we? :x

I agree that Obama hasn't gotten rid of Homeland Security (which will probably never happen since its so politically powerful because of its size-altho Senator Testor has been fighting hard to do away with the Patriot Act that gives them much of the power, but with little success) but Obama darn sure hasn't doubled it.....

While I disagree with Bush and many of his actions, I'll be danged if I can find where he and his patriot act issued Turkey cooking warnings.

Msage, don't you realize that the Bush haters need to be warned about things like that, they have such clouded vision they cannot think for themselves, NO NAMES mentioned :wink: :wink: :wink: They kinda follow along like lemmings in order to bash BUSH :wink:

EH oldtimer???

Oldtimer said:

BLAME BUSH FOR OBAMA'S OVERREACH. TYPICAL OLDTIMER :roll:

FGS Oldtimer under Bush Homeland Security was set up to deal with acts of TERRORISM,
Homeland security is officially defined by the National Strategy for Homeland Security as "a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur".
Under Obama Homeland Security has moved into advising on cooking of turkeys. :roll: And people wonder why people don't trust the Obama Government's overreach of power. :roll:

According to you Testor is working hard to do away with the Patriot Act but just what is he doing when the extention passed on a 74 to 8 vote in the Senate last spring? Did he even try to amend the Act? NOT according to reports about who presented amendments to it before the 74 to 8 vote was taken. Oh and according to Politico the vote was 72 to 23 with 19 Dems voting nay. :shock: :roll:

Hours earlier, the bill cleared the Senate on a 72-23 vote, with 19 Democrats and four Republicans voting no, mostly over concerns the Patriot Act violates personal privacy and civil liberties.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55803.html#ixzz1eel2LERU

FACTS are if you check the Senate roll call vote results
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00075
Politico lied as 74 voted yea, 4 Dems Baucas, Testor, Begich, Merkley and 3 Republicans with 1 Independent filled out the 8 nay votes registered. According to the record 18 didn't vote at all which included 12 Republicans . SO who were the 19 Dems that voted no because it violated personal privacy and civil liberties? :? :roll: With Leftist reporting like this no wonder the Dem supporters are as dumb as a box of hoe handles. :roll:
Now getting back to your comment Oldtimer Looks like he only convinced 3 other Dems to vote with him or was it long time Senator Baucus that convinced Newbie Testor to vote against it? :? Either way it passed and it passed with all the far reaching parts INTACT. As Rand Paul's, a REPUBLICAN, amendments were shut down.

So if you want to blame anyone of the extented Patriot Act and overreach of the Department of Homeland Security, I suggest you look at the Dems who CONTROL THE SENATE. Who also controled the Senate when "Bush was financing two wars". The same Dems that were warned by Bush about the dangers of not reining in Fanny and Freddy and DID NOTHING. The same Dems that you continuely overlook while you are blaming Bush for everything. :roll: :x

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

So now they have Zillions $
to tell the Larrry's of the world not to eat raw turkey- or how not to burn down your house with hot oil turkey cookers... :wink: :lol:

I agree that Obama hasn't gotten rid of Homeland Security (which will probably never happen since its so politically powerful because of its size-altho Senator Testor has been fighting hard to do away with the Patriot Act that gives them much of the power, but with little success) but Obama darn sure hasn't doubled it.....

I was talking about obama doubling down on spending and national debt oldtimer- "charge it"
Can you admit obama has overspent and overcharged all by himself
( with the aid of pelosi, reid, tester, et al) without making excuses- that it is obama's and both democrat controlled House and senate that did it?

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

I was talking about obama doubling down on spending and national debt oldtimer- "charge it"
( with the aid of pelosi, reid, tester, et al) without making excuses- that it is obama's and both democrat controlled House and senate that did it?

I'll agree they spent huge sums of money on the Stimulus and the Health Care Reform bill- both of which we may not see if they were successful for years or decades...

But I thought the thread was on the Patriot Act- and Homeland Security which GW rushed thru Congress when the nation was in panic and hysteria- and created the biggest bureaucracy in US government history... That will probably never be able to be undone..

Which I would think that you-- the "Constitution as your Bible" thumper- would be screaming about from the rooftops as it took away more civil liberties in one stroke of the pen than any other administration at least going back as far as FDR...But even his WWII edicts were temporary- whereas I think Homeland Security is here to stay forever...

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

I'll agree they spent huge sums of money on the Stimulus and the Health Care Reform bill- both of which we may not see if they were successful for years or decades...

But I thought the thread was on the Patriot Act- and Homeland Security which GW rushed thru Congress when the nation was in panic and hysteria- and created the biggest bureaucracy in US government history... That will probably never be able to be undone..

Which I would think that you-- the "Constitution as your Bible" thumper- would be screaming about from the rooftops as it took away more civil liberties in one stroke of the pen than any other administration at least going back as far as FDR...But even his WWII edicts were temporary- whereas I think Homeland Security is here to stay forever...

the patriot act is most definatley unconstitutional and IMO the most dissapointing thing George W Bush did- spending way too much money was second. there are lots of things that need undone- where to start??
oh but the democrat controlled congress and obama have reupped the patriot act too- lets not forget eh? both sides and parties are to blame but you seem to forget that and put it all on Bush's and R's shoulders. man up oldtimer and call obama and his band of liberal pukes what they are to- a detriment to America and enemies of our constitution.

Lonecowboy, for oldtimer to admit that would mean he would have to admit to other atrocities done by his liberal hero as well, and for oldtimer to see the light is not going to happen :roll:

Thats what libs can not get through their skull full of mush. Conservatives will condemn a Rep like Bush(RINO) but the left can not bring themselves to utter one bad word for their fellow leftwingernuts.

But notice how the libs condemn the gov spending, government intrusions in life, patriot act, tranparency and etc. But what do they do, do they do a roll back. No they double down and still condemn the original act and then praise the doubling down. Go figure.

Do you notice how ot condemned others for changing the direction of the thread but he is ignores and is yet to condemn o's reupping and expanding "homeland security"

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

the patriot act is most definatley unconstitutional and IMO the most dissapointing thing George W Bush did- spending way too much money was second. there are lots of things that need undone- where to start??
oh but the democrat controlled congress and obama have reupped the patriot act too- lets not forget eh? both sides and parties are to blame but you seem to forget that and put it all on Bush's and R's shoulders. man up oldtimer and call obama and his band of liberal pukes what they are to- a detriment to America and enemies of our constitution.

So- seems you don't like Liberal "pukes" or RINO "pukes" or "moderate pukes" or "Independent pukes"--which means you disapprove of about 90% of D.C.-- and a major portion of the country...
Sounds like you aren't too Thankful about anything involved with the country.... :wink:

His attention span is zero. He complains about staying on topic and then goes off on a blather filled tangent. He's still got his head so far up o's rear that he is still reading the o's teleprompter

:agree: and i think most on here agrees, oldtimer is not objective at all,
He thinks HIS is the only opinion and haS been know to LIE, CHEAT, FALSELY,ACCUSE, THREATEN, And folks those are a couple of his better points.

eh?????? :wink:

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

So- seems you don't like Liberal "pukes" or RINO "pukes" or "moderate pukes" or ""--which means you disapprove of about 90% of D.C.-- :

B-I-N-G-O-! you are starting to see the light oldtimer. I am finally getting through to you. :D
If they do not support, protect, and defend our Constitution then I dasapprove of them. it would be a stretch for me to find 10% in D.C. right now- but January of 2013 I sure hope to find more. the last election moved things up about 8% :D

Thank You TEA party Patriots! :D

So oldtimer- how is it again that you can ignore the unconstitutional actions of obama and his crew?

Lonecowboy said:
So oldtimer- how is it again that you can ignore the unconstitutional actions of obama and his crew?

And which actions would that be?

Latest posts