• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The American.......rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Watching Clay Walker lead it off right now... Have it all recording so I can watch bits and pieces.. 5 hours of rodeo is a little much for one session...

That was an amazing rodeo!! They gave Rich Champion one million dollars. Not bad for a 21 year old kid that started riding Barebacks 4 years ago.
Nebraska had a good showing and took home at least $102500.

Was a very enjoyable afternoon. Did'nt think much of Mortenson,Joe Beaver,Mcbride and some of the other oldtimers but it was partof it. Had to laugh when the announcer asked Billy Etbauer if he would have considered trying a ride and he emphatic'lly repley's no way. All in all a good rodeo and should help make rodeo more interesting to the public.

It was fascinating! We haven't watched many rodeos for some time now, but RFD-TV did an amazing job of getting folks interested in The American. They pulled it off in an awesome manner. Those 5 hours went by very fast!

Even though the 'legends' didn't fare so well, it was fun watching them. Ote Berry brought the crowd to it's feet......he almost got his steer down in a good time......he did get a standing ovation......as did 70-year old June Holman....you have to give them a lot of credit for even being there. Joe Beaver hung his tie string on the gate as he rode out of the arena. I thought Fred Whitfield might pull it off........he didn't. The barrel racing was finger-biting, but Lisa Lockhart showed what a true competitor she his when all she had to do was keep the barrels standing. She made a blazing run anyway!!!

Our daughter went to Arlington, she said when the rodeo was over, they went outside into an ice storm and those Texans have NO IDEA how to drive in that kind of weather. They were glad they made it back to their hotel room, even so it took them an hour and a half and they didn't have far to go. :shock:

bllcattle said:
Was a very enjoyable afternoon. Did'nt think much of Mortenson,Joe Beaver,Mcbride and some of the other oldtimers but it was partof it. Had to laugh when the announcer asked Billy Etbauer if he would have considered trying a ride and he emphatic'lly repley's no way. All in all a good rodeo and should help make rodeo more interesting to the public.

I really enjoyed Etbauer too... He doesn't get overly excited... I started chuckling after Wade Sundell made his second ride and they asked Billy to describe the ride... "A real good horse and he rode him real good"... Which I thought was a very low key description of a wild 92.5 ride.. But Billy never got too excited about all his wild rides either...
I don't know if Dallas is ready for the party Sundell will be having tonight with his $100,000 and I don't think its sunk in to that college kid from Texas that he just won $1,100,000.....

Seeing quite a bit of it, it sure was a good show, well done by RFDTV.

Billy Etbauer will always be remembered as a great SD Cowboy, no matter where he lives.

Lisa Lockhart did a fine job with her awesome horse, as usual!

The 21 year old Richmond Champion has his head on pretty straight, even if he was excited over the win of $1,000,000.00! That was apparent when he asked "what does a 21 year old do with one million dollars???? Sadly, he will need to be on his guard against the many folks who will be trying to get a piece of it, one way or another.

mrj

loomixguy said:
So did Tuf Cooper.

He needs to learn something about humility and humbleness from BIL Trevor.

:agree:

and of all people to commentate the calf roping they pick ol smoked out, dope head Roy Cooper. :roll:

The Nature Boy said "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Tuf had to run his mouth and he came up short....Tuf didn't learn to run his mouth from reading his bible.

Hopefully next year Joe B will do the commentating for the calf roping.

A friend of ours who lives in Texas, and 'in the know', said that Cody Ohl
gets so psyched up that it would blow the minds of most horses, but the mare he calf ropes on just tunes him out and does her job......very well.

Didn't hurt many people's feelings when Cody Ohl didn't make it.

As for Tuff Cooper, well, everyone needs humbled now and again....... :D

Latest posts