• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Army doesn't have enough troops

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
For you guys who would like to pretend this war isn't hurting the Army.
My emphasis; link below.

"Faced with major recruiting problems sparked by troop deployments in Iraq and Afthanistan, the Pentagon has asked Congress to raise the maximum age for U.S. military enlistees from 35 to 42 years old."

"The request, sent to lawmakers this week, would apply to all active duty branches of the military services, said Air Force Lt. Col. Ellen Krenke, a Pentagon spokeswoman, on Friday. But it is aimed chiefly at the active duty Army, which has fallen far short of recruiting goals this year, by adding millions of potential enlistees.

The Army has provided most of the 140,000 U.S. ground troops in Iraq and has also relied heavily on part-time soldiers from the National Guard and Reserve for year-long deployments there."

and

"The Army National Guard, struggling more than any other part of the U.S. military to sign up new troops amid the Iraq war, missed its ninth straight monthly recruiting goal in June.

The regular Army met its recruiting goal this month, but is still 14 percent behind its year-to-date recruiting target and is in danger of missing an annual recruiting goal for the first time since 1999. The Army Reserve is 21 percent behind its year-to-date goal and also in danger of falling short for the year."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050722/ts_nm/arms_usa_recruiting_dc

Had then president klinton not desimated the armed forces with forced retirements, and massive downsizing this would not be an issue...

Steve said:
Had then president klinton not desimated the armed forces with forced retirements, and massive downsizing this would not be an issue...

ROTFLMAO! This response proves how hollow and dishonest your claims are, Steve. When you can't support your position, you yell "bill clinton, bill clinton or jane fonda, jane fonda." As if they had anything to do with the Iraqi war. They don't: This is the Republican standard bearer, George W. Bush's, war. All the while soldiers are dying for nothing in Iraq and our hard earned tax money is being poured into the Iraqi sand along with our nation's blood. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And on top of that, you've never, ever addressed the fact that Runsfeld was planning to cut the Army when he took office. In fact, he still plans to if he can get this pesky war that he figured would go no more than six weeks finished.

how are my claims dishonest? by telling the truth you refuse to accept..

that clinton slashed military numbers?

that clinton ignored a growing threat, from al Quaida?

that you dispite years of facts shoved at you still come up with the same tired ole lines...

why bother to do research, you just call people liers, and worse if they show a fact...

face it the economy is doing great,

Our military is the greatest in the world..

And President Bush beat your loser..

which makes you a loser....

just a few facts for you....

Steve said:
how are my claims dishonest? by telling the truth you refuse to accept..

You're claims are dishonest because you refuse to acknowledge that Rumsfeld came into office planning to cut the Army. I've posted that over and over, links and articles, and you ignore it. If you were honest, you'd admit it.

clinton slashed military numbers?

Remarkable, that he could slash military numbers. The world was pretty much at peace when Clinton was President. It's only been since George W. Bush decided to take on the world that our military has been strained to the limit.

that clinton ignored a growing threat, from al Quaida?

He didn't ignore it. He told George W. Bush there was a growing danger. Bush was President; 9-11 happened on his watch, not Clinton's. The world stood with us when we retaliated against our attackers in Afghanistan. The world has isolated us since Bush chose to attack Iraq, a country that posed no threat to us. The fact that you're trying to blame Clinton for this quagmire shows how desperate you are.

that you dispite years of facts shoved at you still come up with the same tired ole lines...

I've yet to see "facts" backed up by anything but right wing spin to show I'm wrong about the invasion of Iraq, that there are more terrorists in Iraq than when we went in, that our military went in undermanned and under supplied, that Rove knowingly outed a CIA agent for his political agenda. Come on, Steve, show me some facts to refute any of these things.

why bother to do research, you just call people liers, and worse if they show a fact...

When you actually do research, you find out that I'm right. You are, indeed, a liar; I never said Kerry would win the election as you claimed.

face it the economy is doing great,

The economy is not doing great. Ignore my posts, if you will, but things may get a lot worse. When/if this housing bubble busts, a lot of mortgages are going to come due that are underwritten by the US government. In my quarterly statement from an investment company, they say higehr interest rates and gasoline prices will weigh heavily on profits of companys for the rest of the year.

Our military is the greatest in the world.

I totally agree with that, but our military leaders on the ground in Iraq say they can't defeat the insurgents, it will take politics to end the insurgency. And the politicians are arguing and quibbling over the name of the country, what group gets what land and oil, while American soldiers die. So far I haven't heard they're arguing about the shape of the negotiating table, but that may come yet.

And President Bush beat your loser..

Yes, he did. Kerry didn't have the guts to stand up and say pull our troops out. By the next election someone is going to say that. Don't know if it will be a Republican or a Democrat, but some Republicans up for reelection next year are starting to distance themselves from Bush.

which makes you a loser....

No, it doesn't make me a loser. I'm right about everything I've put out here.

just a few facts for you....

:lol: "facts?" What facts? More hot air and wishes.

Latest posts