• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Buffet Plan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Warren Buffett, "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just ...pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all Sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th Amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to The Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the Land...all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of
Twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do
Likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the
Message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

I bet this one wouldn't go anywhere in Congress...

I've seen that proposed several times in the past. Nothing new here.

Buffet is trying to hide his idiocy by coming up with someone else's plan? :lol:

yesterday oldtimer posted:

So you think there should be an amendment for each new issue that comes up?....To me- besides taking years to find the legality of an issue- that would just make the Constitution another wall bookcase size stack of laws- and takes away the the whole meaning of- and cheapens the document...Might make us more of a true Democracy- but we aren't one- we are a Republic...

and today you post this:

"You just ...pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all Sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th Amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to The Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the Land...all because of public pressure.

:roll: :roll:
ac/dc?

I must add this gem from yesterday as the cherry on top;

quote from oldtimer yesterday:

I don't follow any cult- or the preachings of any "spectrum"...Pretty much think for myself and decide on each issue instead of going the direction the group leaders/preachers tell you to go... I don't want anyone else painting the picture of the direction I shuld take..

Lonecowboy said:

I don't follow any cult- or the preachings of any "spectrum"...Pretty much think for myself and decide on each issue instead of going the direction the group leaders/preachers tell you to go... I don't want anyone else painting the picture of the direction I shuld take..

So just because I posted an article - means I'm tied to it :???:

I throw these ideas out just to get comment- or often to play Devils Advocate- something you apparently never did :???: ... Unless you look at both sides- and all ideas-- you are making a decision with only 1/2 the information-- and to me that is sad :(

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

I throw these ideas out just to get comment- or often to play Devils Advocate- something you apparently never did :???: ... Unless you look at both sides- and all ideas-- you are making a decision with only 1/2 the information-- and to me that is sad :(

that's what you have accused others of in the past

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

BULL CRAP

the only thing you play is village idiot, which you do very well :wink: and the sad thing is YOU :wink: ask those around you how much respect you have...You have none here
.. and not much in your home town or county

Buffett, chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said in a Bloomberg Television interview on "In the Loop" with Betty Liu from an Allen & Co. sponsored conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. "Our credit is good. It's not like if we don't pay we can't pay. We have the right to print our own money. The U.S. is a very special place."

yep.. just get the ol presses going.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

the more Buffet talks the less credibility he is having... I doubt I would invest my money with him in the future..

Steve said:
Buffett, chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said in a Bloomberg Television interview on "In the Loop" with Betty Liu from an Allen & Co. sponsored conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. "Our credit is good. It's not like if we don't pay we can't pay. We have the right to print our own money. The U.S. is a very special place."

the more Buffet talks the less credibility he is having... I doubt I would invest my money with him in the future..

So apparently you don't believe in Buffets idea... I thought it was very conservative- and damn sure stands more of a chance of passing than getting a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment passed by Congress and ratified--- something I've heard about for 50+ years and has never came about... In fact I supported GW back there years ago because I thought maybe he and a Repub controlled Congress could do it...
Anymore- I don't think it will ever happen.. Just like Buffets idea- or the Reform Plan Soapweed posted (which I got on several e-mails too) will ever pass....
R's will vote for their same old R's- and D's will vote for their same old D's- and the same bunch will stay in there getting rich off us (either while in elected office or as soon as they get out) while they solve none of the problems...

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

you are right, as a Christian I advocate Christ, not the devil, maybe you want to try it sometime? that is one of the first truths I've saw you write.

if you know your Bible and Constitutions then often there is no need to look at both sides of an issue- you will immediately know the answer if the truth and God's wisdom is in your heart!

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

you are right, as a Christian I advocate Christ, not the devil, maybe you want to try it sometime? that is one of the first truths I've saw you write.

if you know your Bible and Constitutions then often there is no need to look at both sides of an issue- you will immediately know the answer if the truth and God's wisdom is in your heart!

So which perception of Christ is the right one according to and proclaimed by you- which beliefs, doctrine and theology of major Christian denominations-- the Baptists, Lutherans, Catholics, Othodox, Methodist/Weslyans, Presbyterians, Episcopalian , or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints :???:
Or did you interpret God and Christ to tell you to be a snake handler :???: I think that is still allowed in a state or two down south... Besides about a couple of hundred sub denominations I have ran into that don't recognize them to anyone...

I was born, babtized, confirmed, and raised a Methodist- my wife was Lutheran... We went thru premarital studies and were married in the Methodist Church mainly because I was part of their weekly Bible study...

Studied religion while in college- and was more impressed by the similarities of all the major religions Christian, Judaism, and Muslim-- than by the differences which more reassured me in my faith in God...Spent years in weekly Bible studies- which not only answered a lot of questions but made anyone that thinks for themselves asking more (and hopefully not following a slick talking Bible Thumper wanting to rake in the cash)...

Most of which questions no one can answer- only give you ideas of what it means- for you to interpret on your own...

Saw several ministers of Christian faith- that put themselves above what my beliefs were....Ex.- a minister that would not babtize a baby that was dying- from a Christian family because the baby had been born out of wedlock... That was NOT what the Jesus I pray to would do.....

But to go out and scream you have to be right because you follow the Christian faith still leaves a whole lot interpretation .....

Oldtimer said:
which not only answered a lot of questions but made anyone that thinks for themselves asking more (and hopefully not following a slick talking Bible Thumper wanting to rake in the cash)...

Oldtimer said:
Yesterday it was Rove calling the birthers nutcases-- and today its Robertson saying the candidates are getting too extremist...

Oldtimer said:
December 24, 2008
Pat Robertson criticizes Bush, praises Obama
Posted: 03:25 PM ET

icon_rubbingchin.gif

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
which not only answered a lot of questions but made anyone that thinks for themselves asking more (and hopefully not following a slick talking Bible Thumper wanting to rake in the cash)...

Oldtimer said:
Yesterday it was Rove calling the birthers nutcases-- and today its Robertson saying the candidates are getting too extremist...

He is one sick puppy. And he's too stupid to know what he does!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mike said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer said:

He is one sick puppy. And he's too stupid to know what he does!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

The old bo brownnoser leftwingernut never fails to show his stupidity

looks like he hit and run again, like a dog peeing on a tire, move on and forget he peed there before, only to come back and do it again.

EH??

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:

So apparently you don't believe in Buffets idea... I thought it was very conservative- and damn sure stands more of a chance of passing than getting a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment passed by Congress and ratified--- something I've heard about for 50+ years and has never came about... In fact I supported GW back there years ago because I thought maybe he and a Repub controlled Congress could do it...

actually I don't believe in Buffet.. Do you want the FED printing more money to pay the debt?,, :shock: :roll: after all it is a Buffet plan..

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

So which perception of Christ is the right one according to and proclaimed by you- which beliefs, doctrine and theology of major Christian denominations-- the Baptists, Lutherans, Catholics, Othodox, Methodist/Weslyans, Presbyterians, Episcopalian , or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints :???:
Or did you interpret God and Christ to tell you to be a snake handler :???: I think that is still allowed in a state or two down south... Besides about a couple of hundred sub denominations I have ran into that don't recognize them to anyone...

I was born, babtized, confirmed, and raised a Methodist- my wife was Lutheran... We went thru premarital studies and were married in the Methodist Church mainly because I was part of their weekly Bible study...

Studied religion while in college- and was more impressed by the similarities of all the major religions Christian, Judaism, and Muslim-- than by the differences which more reassured me in my faith in God...Spent years in weekly Bible studies- which not only answered a lot of questions but made anyone that thinks for themselves asking more (and hopefully not following a slick talking Bible Thumper wanting to rake in the cash)...

Most of which questions no one can answer- only give you ideas of what it means- for you to interpret on your own...

Saw several ministers of Christian faith- that put themselves above what my beliefs were....Ex.- a minister that would not babtize a baby that was dying- from a Christian family because the baby had been born out of wedlock... That was NOT what the Jesus I pray to would do.....

But to go out and scream you have to be right because you follow the Christian faith still leaves a whole lot interpretation .....

Oldtimer- you are talking about religion and you being satan's advocate, I'm talking about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!

big difference!

hopalong said:
looks like he hit and run again, like a dog peeing on a tire, move on and forget he peed there before, only to come back and do it again.

EH??

Sounds as if you'd like that ol' boy................ you are a freak aren't you?

Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda..............and you go on and on....

:wink:

jingo2 said:
hopalong said:

EH??

Sounds as if you'd like that ol' boy................ you are a freak aren't you?

Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda..............and you go on and on....

You as usual make no sense, kinda like an invite to Starbucks that you failed to make!!! HAIL you didn't even know which one to go to!!!! :roll: :roll: I had people at them to greet you :D So much for HOT air EH??
You are Kinda like the dog that lays on the porch farting and stinking up the place
USELESS :D :D :D

Latest posts