• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The country still looks good here.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tap

Reaction score
Might need another rain to keep things green, but for now it still is looking great for mid June.

Fooling around the rocks. Can you see the cow barely visible in front of the lower right rock, and behind the calf?

ranch1274.jpg

Some batchelor antelope bucks. Pretty good horns for this early.

ranch1277.jpg

Sand creek is heading east. Nice to see some water in it.

ranch1285.jpg

Another angle.

ranch1281.jpg

One of the smallest cows we own with a very nice calf born after the 20th of April. This moisture is agreeing with the stock too this year.

ranch1295.jpg

Had to add this one, I missed it before.
Overgrown sage.

ranch1294.jpg

Awesome Pics, as usual Tap!!! that is a beautiful cow!!!!

That is a steep drop off, ever worry about cows, " sky diving" or "bungee jumping with out the bungee"??

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Awesome Pics, as usual Tap!!! that is a beautiful cow!!!!

That is a steep drop off, ever worry about cows, " sky diving" or "bungee jumping with out the bungee"??

Katy

Don't worry about the cows much, but had a horse that came from S. of Soapweeds country a few years ago who nearly left me skydiving as we rode up to the edge of a different river bank. I never gave it a thought that a sandhills horse would be so surprised to see something like that. But I think about it now. Scared the heck out of me. And him!

Big,scenic country with live water that produces..... You can't beat that,my friend. :wink:

Very good pics! Tap, has anything ever went over the bank? I remember hearing about a new milkcow of my great-grandmothers (really long time ago) being turned loose at night and falling over a high bank over the Niobrara...and somehow didn't die, but was hurt pretty bad.

That's some incredible country Tap. Looks like it agrees with the cows too.
At the risk of showing my ignorance... I didn't realize antelope shed their horns. At least from what you said I gather they do anyway. I've never actually seen one of the little devils in real life.
Thanks for the pics.

Great pics Tap. Enjoy the green while it lasts! :wink: Things look great like that here right now too. Some folks to the north of us got absolutely everything wiped out by hail a few days back. They say there was 4-6" of sleet, slush and hailstones covering whole quarter sections. Glad we missed that one.

Silver, the shed the cap around a more permenat base.. So not like deer but not like say, goats or sheep either... I had never know that either but it is kind of what makes them them..I think their "system"is aunique to the animal kingdom but I could be wrong.

tlakota said:
tap...cows are looking pretty darn good...do you ever sell older bred cows?

Yes, we usually sell some at Belle Fourche Livestock around the first of the year. They are already vet tested before that, so come on out and we will sell you a few after the vet is here in late Oct. You should have the feed for it I bet.

Thanks for the other comments. And I hope I answered your question Cal, in my other reply.

IL rancher answered your question pretty accurately Silver. All you ever find on an antelope shed is the horn cap. It will be almost the whole length of horn, but hollow. We have hundreds of antelope.

Well ill keep it in mind...its amazing the quality in cows west river compared to east river...the cows over here are babied too much and theres to much corn around...not very efficient if you ask me

Latest posts