• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Dixie Chicks are back. :)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F7MG4G/ref=dixie-vid_header/002-8336923-9721659

Their new album will be released on May 23rd. Three weeks til release and they're already #2 for sales at Amazon....

They can leave again as far as I care-- France would be a good place :wink:

Gregs a huge Toby Kieth fan,so the Dixie Chicks aren't allowed to even be mentioned in our house :shock: :secret: :gag:

Mrs.Greg said:
Gregs a huge Toby Kieth fan,so the Dixie Chicks aren't allowed to even be mentioned in our house :shock: :secret: :gag:

That Greg is a good man....I like Toby Keith :D

Dixie Chicks :x :mad: :evil: :gag:

if we could only get the illegal immigrants to think the Dixie Bags are the real power behind ousting them, then we would have all those idiots protesting for something I could believe in !!!

rather wipe my rear with sandpaper than hear that whiny bag lead singer of thiers!

Mrs. Greg having a Canadian Sister in Law I have grown fond of ya'll. But now to learn Mr. Greg dislikes the Dixie Chicks well my admiration of our neighbors to the north continues to grow. Go Merle

I liked the Dixie Chicks 1st album. Anytime a girl can play banjo and dobro they have my attention! :wink:
That said, anytime an artist makes a political comment, they should be prepared to deal with the fallout.
Johnny Cash had a song out,years ago and the title escapes me, but one line in it went something like this.......

".....just work on harmony and diction,
play your banjo well,
and if you have political convictions,
keep them to yourself."

Neil Young has been chirping-off quite a bit lately, which dissapoints me.
It seems he has torn a page out of Bono's play book and is letting the media promote his new album, free of charge. :roll:

Aztumbleweed said:
Mrs. Greg having a Canadian Sister in Law I have grown fond of ya'll. But now to learn Mr. Greg dislikes the Dixie Chicks well my admiration of our neighbors to the north continues to grow. Go Merle
Thank-you we like you guys too! I also like fellow Canadian Tims statement.....I truly don't think just because you are in public eye you have a right to make stupid statements that can influence anyones way of thinking. K.D Lang,Pamela Anderson,Tom Cruise,Dixie Chicks....see I play fair two Canadians,Two Americans{ok more then two in DC but you know what I mean}!!

Those dixie tricks are bout as worthless as hair on a barber shop floor,all paint & mouth...............good luck

Go Toby!!!!. lol. I prefer Johnny Reid-give him a try. He grew up in Scotland and the music is awesome! You can let the little kids listen too-really clean. I went to his concert with Brad Paisley, and it was definately worth it. My 6 or 7(i can't ever remember her age) year old sister can singn youher fav.-Sixty to Zero... mine too. Coincidence? I think not.............

TimH said:
Johnny Cash had a song out,years ago and the title escapes me, but one line in it went something like this.......

".....just work on harmony and diction,
play your banjo well,
and if you have political convictions,
keep them to yourself."

The One on the Left is on the Right

There once was a musical troupe
A pickin' singin' folk group
They sang the mountain ballads
And the folk songs of our land

They were long on musical ability
Folks thought they would go far
But political incompatibility led to their downfall

Well, the one on the right was on the left
And the one in the middle was on the right
And the one on the left was in the middle
And the guy in the rear was a Methodist

This musical aggregation toured the entire nation
Singing the traditional ballads
And the folk songs of our land
They performed with great virtuosity
And soon they were the rage
But political animosity prevailed upon the stage

Well, the one on the right was on the left
And the one in the middle was on the right
And the one on the left was in the middle
And the guy in the rear burned his driver's license

Well the curtain had ascended
A hush fell on the crowd
As thousands there were gathered to hear The folk songs of our land
But they took their politics seriously
And that night at the concert hall
As the audience watched deliriously
They had a free-for-all

Well, the one on the right was on the bottom
And the one in the middle was on the top
And the one on the left got a broken arm
And the guy in the rear, said, "Oh dear"

Now this should be a lesson if you plan to start a folk group
Don't go mixin' politics with the folk songs of our land
Just work on harmony and diction
Play your banjo well
And if you have political convictions keep them to yourself

Now, the one on the left works in a bank
And the one in the middle drives a truck
The one on the right's an all-night deejay
And the guy in the rear got drafted

I don't think it means what you think it means. :wink:
That song was metaphorical for the political divisions of America during VietNam. And people's inability to respect others' opinions (it destroyed the folk group and was wreaking the same havoc in the US). ...Not to mention the fact that political ideologies aren't static (read the last stanza)
Johnny Cash was actually fairly clear in his feelings about not only VietNam in that era, but Iraq in ours. He didn't support either one...
And a lot of Johnny Cash's songs were socio-political commentaries.

I gotta agree with the 99% of you who think the chicks need to go back to Europe!! When you make a political statement such as that which Ms Maines made while overseas, you need to be prepared!! The comments that the chicks have made regarding country music as a whole have completely turned me off and I USED to be one of their biggest fans...had "cowboy take me away" played by a band at one of hubby and mine's anniversarys!! Breaks my heart!! Opinions are opinions, but one must keep in mind their loyalty when making them to our enemies!!! :(

Toby can eat crackers in my....yea well ok..never mind..lol..Toby will always be #1 (along with George) with me, and I dont really think that the Dixie Chicks will ever really have much of a career now.

Toby Keith and his song right after 911. I have a special love of his song "Blue Moon", listened to it during night calving. Toby Keith tells it like it is, Dixie Chicks can just kiss my A$$ and move to IRAN for all I care. HMW, are you pickin' a fight or do you really like the Dixie Bi*#%@#?????

Yes, I actually like the Dixie Chicks. I also like Charlie Daniels, Willie Nelson, Hank Jr, Johnny Cash etc. etc. All of whom are fairly outspoken, politically.

Personally, I don't have to agree with someone's politics to enjoy their music. :)

BTW, I was hunting for books today and the Dixie Chicks are on Amazon's front page, which is why they came up.

Latest posts