• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Drug Problem In America

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
This has been posted before, but I'm posting it again...
>
>The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine
>lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked
>me a rhetorical question,
>
>''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''
>
>I replied: I had a drug problem when I was young:
>
>I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
>I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
>I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
>I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
>I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a
>lie,brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill
>of the teacher or the preacher, or if I
>didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
>I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I
>uttered a profane four-letter word.
>I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs
>out of dad's fields.
>I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some
>poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop
>some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime
>as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
>
>Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in
>everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or
>heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America
>would be a better place.
>
> ~author unknown~
>

Good job katrina! More of these drugged out kids today need their asses drug out to the woodshed. Rehab? My Dad was the best at it!

Thanks Mike, I never wanted to let my folks down....Just got back from parent teachers conferance and was a great time. Wonderful teachers who teach for the right reasons and even though my kids are not perfect, the teachers have a true interest in there education.
Our kindegardener is doing simple math and reading from books, has a spelling test every week and has science fair next week.
Our eighth grader is doing a speech for Modern Woodman, is through his math book and will start on some trig and has aced his spelling word test since Christmas.

katrina said:
Thanks Mike, I never wanted to let my folks down....Just got back from parent teachers conferance and was a great time. Wonderful teachers who teach for the right reasons and even though my kids are not perfect, the teachers have a true interest in there education.
Our kindegardener is doing simple math and reading from books, has a spelling test every week and has science fair next week.
Our eighth grader is doing a speech for Modern Woodman, is through his math book and will start on some trig and has aced his spelling word test since Christmas.

Katrina,

I would also bet you are from the state with one of the lowest teacher salaries in the US. Once again it goes to show that money doesn't buy education. I am not against starvation wages for teachers, but just throwing federal dollars at something does not necessarily fix a problem.

SD has many super teachers in the state but, if a group or organization (NEA,SDEA) has the word "education" in their name, you can bet their main concern is teachers/benefits/wages and keeping sorry teachers on the payrolls. I can speak from experience.

Thanks for the good post.

BB

Latest posts