• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Election

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Clarencen

Reaction score
The election results may already be decided, but it is still believed the election will be close. Everyone wonders about the undecided voter.

Most of us will vote for whoever looks good, sounds good , or makes us feel good. I don't know if that is the right way to choose a president. We are going to elect a man for the top job in our country, maybe the most influencial man in the whole world. Maybe, just maybe, the undecided voters are the only people out there who can really think for themselves.

Vote as you please, but think about it first. What are these mens background, where did they come from? What have they done? How did they get where they are at? Who helped to put them on the top of the list? and why.

When you get in that voting booth think, really think, can the man I vote for really, handle such a big job. It seems to me that the way we select the candidates for public office has become more of just who can get the most votes, not who can do the job best.

I don't think the election has been decided. We don't know which man can do the best job until he's doing it. We can look at their past as indicators or how they're handling themselves now as indicators or what their party stands for as indicators. I supported Hillary Clinton because I think she had the experience and the courage to do the right thing. Once upon a time I had great respect for John McCain. He stood up to Republicans on campaign financing. He co-sponsored an immigration bill. He voted against Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy. He supported a woman's right to choose. He spoke out against torture at GitMo. I respected and agreed with all those stands. But he's flipped on every one of those issues, turning into another George W. Bush in his desire to be president. How can I respect that? While there's something to be said for experience, I'm voting for the party that best reflects my views on what we'll be facing in the next few years....Democratic.

Loyalty to a political party is all right, up to a point. Political parties do have a place, they help to set a direction. But today I think it is best to put political parties aside. What we really need now is integrity and someone who can encourage individual responsibility. The lack of these two important characteristics is the reason we are where we are at today.

The mess we are in today was not caused by the poor judgement by the people at the top nor those at the bottom, but by the lack of integrity all the way through. No one had enough courage to stand up and say this isn't right.

fff, " We can look at their past as indicators or how they're handling themselves now as indicators or what their party stands for as indicators."

When you looked into Obama's past, did you notice Rezko? How about Ayers and the Obama's ever-evolving description of the relationship? Did you see a man called Jeremiah Wright and his racist rants and relationship with Farrakan and then Obama's subsequent lies about what he heard from Wright.

Speaking of lies, how about Obama's vote for what amounts to infanticide? Do you think he handled that real well?

What about the Russian invasion of Georgia? It took him three days to pull his head out of his arse and finally reach the same conclusion that McCain reached right away. You think Obama really handled himself well there?

Latest posts