• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The First Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
This is a repeat of the first "Good Sunday Mornin'' ever. Seems appropriate. We have had a very dry start to the year, but on Tuesday we got 2" of rain over 4 hours. Stood no water, but what a drastic change it made.

Sunday October 1, 2006 -- We live in a shortgrass country (gramma being our mainstay). In June of 06 we were as dry as I've ever seen due to a prolonged drought (this year was drier than 06). No matter how much country we had, everyone was out of feed because, although the grass wasn't dead, it was unable to produce. The rain started in July (August 2nd in 11). What a difference water makes. We have as good a grass as I've ever seen now (er -- back then :) ). Now I do a lot of reading - some of it worthwhile and some of it of little consequence. I have an old leatherbound book that I keep returning to that has become my favorite. I suspect some of you have the same appreciation for the same book. In it there is a story of Jesus talking to a woman at a well. He compares himself to water. How accurate that has been in my life. He has made a fruitless life fruitful. He has given purpose to an otherwise aimless life. He has give life and life abundant to an otherwise barren existence. I'll praise Him for that. (I would add that He also explains how that earthly water only lasts for a little time, and things will get "thirsty" again. His water last for eternity! A significant difference.) You all have a good Sunday mornin', and a good rest of the week.

Shortgrass, I bet that 2" of rain sounded like music on a steel roof. :wink: :D

Thanks for your timeless message which is as true today as it was back then.

John SD said:
Shortgrass, I bet that 2" of rain sounded like music on a steel roof. :wink: :D

Thanks for your timeless message which is as true today as it was back then.

We had a .4 follow up on Thurs, and I did just stay in the shop to hear it on the tin! Sounded like an inch down there!

Latest posts