• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The gratitude of Bush

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
This is how the Bush Bunch shows their gratitude. Complete article at the link below.

"His hand had been blown off in Iraq, his body pierced by shrapnel. He could not walk. Robert Loria was flown home for a long recovery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he tried to bear up against intense physical pain and reimagine his life's possibilities.

The last thing on his mind, he said, was whether the Army had correctly adjusted his pay rate -- downgrading it because he was out of the war zone -- or whether his combat gear had been accounted for properly: his Kevlar helmet, his suspenders, his rucksack.

But nine months after Loria was wounded, the Army garnished his wages and then, as he prepared to leave the service, hit him with a $6,200 debt. That was just before last Christmas, and several lawmakers scrambled to help. This spring, a collection agency started calling. He owed another $646 for military housing."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9689633/

As if President Bush had anything to do with this, let alone a personal hand in it.

Get a grip.

" as if Prez Bush had a hand in it....how ironic you say that!! Trying to be funny there, huh??? Well.....it ain't working!

He's the boss....he's in charge . Well...maybe that was ironic of me to just say..... ;-)

Isn't your boss in charge of your job?

N Ellis said:
kolanuraven said:
"
Isn't your boss in charge of your job?

In charge? Yes. Know every detail? Not a chance. And yours?

If George W. Bush doesn't know about this, more shame on him. These are the people he happily sent off to war. "Bring it on" he said with his college boy smirk. Now you're claiming that he doesn't know how those people he happily sent off to war are being treated? Shame on you both.

passin thru said:
I am curious what Bush's response was when this was relayed to him.

If anyone bothered to tell him, he probably said fix the problem. Don't worry about what it will cost. But the Republican Congress said, wait, we've got to cut Medicare, Medicade, college grants, etc., before we can afford to fix the vet's problems. :mad:

I am still waiting for what Bush's response was to this. And I will not accept presumptions.

N Ellis:

If your boss doesn't know every detail , in and out, of the business that they either own or run.....then they are not much of a boss!

Ken Lay used this same excuse....that he ddin't know all the detail of his employees....hmmm....lets see....how good is he doing now and all the other and those poor folks who lost EVERYTHING due to his incompetence by not knowing!!!!

When you're the boss or Prez you can't pick and choose when you want the glory or not...you get glory and s**t all in the same day at times....

This is a classic, the Prez of the US is upoosed to know every detail of everything going on in this country and abroad.

Can anyone say....................................................

S.............................T.........................................R.............................E...........................................C..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................H

:roll:

If your boss doesn't know every detail , in and out, of the business that they either own or run.....then they are not much of a boss!

Show me a boss that knows every detail of the business and I'll show you a business with only one worker, the boss! Sure, the "boss" should know how the business is run, but I've never had a job where the boss (anyone above my direct supervisor) had any idea about the day to day, what gets done and by whom, aspect of the business. And I have had some very good bosses. However, when they get bogged down into micromanaging every detail of every job, they lose their effectiveness.

OK maybe its ME but I clickled on the link and it said can not find. Did a search on msnbc and came up expired...did a search on fox news found this
Army Mistakenly Bills Wounded Soldiers
Monday, February 07, 2005

WASHINGTON — The Army (search) has identified 129 wounded soldiers who mistakenly received bills for expenses upon returning home from wars — in some cases instead of final paychecks — and it has forgiven their debts.

After learning of the first such cases, Army Gen. Richard A. Cody said, an audit team determined that other wounded soldiers "experienced pay issues" and the Army has made changes it hopes will prevent other instances.

As you can see it is almost a year old ~~It has been fixed why bring it up AGAIN?

Great job, MsSage. Always nice to see someone sticking it to Dis for being full of it. Don't ever expect a concession speech though. He/she will just post another outdated article and bitch about Bush as if nothing ever happened.

Latest posts