• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Greatest Economy in the World.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

agman

Reaction score
"Corporate cash flow last quarter rose to another record, more than $1.4 trillion, and it remains large enough to finance virtually all of American industry's capital spending, a capability that is unprecedented in the post-World War II era." Source: BW

You would never gather that information from the doomsayers who post on this forum and from the mainstream media. We are the most blessed peoples on earth and all some can do is bash success. The U.S. economy is 6X China and we are growing at an absolute rate annually that is 2X China's growth. Welcome to the real America-the greatest economy in the world. Agman

WOMP, there it is!

Thanks for interrupting fiction with the truth, but that ain't gonne be well received 'round here.

Just out of curiosity, does your source happen to mention how much of that 1.4 trillion is actually making its way into the hands of the working Joe?

Rod

Sandhusker said:
Maybe they could siphon off some of that cash flow and apply it to our record debt.

Sandhusker, don't any of the businesses you know about or are involved in pay any federal taxes? THAT is the giant "siphon" sucking way too much of the "cash flow" out of way too many businesses. And it has to be a major reason less money goes to "the average Joe".

BTW, what should be the basis of wages for workers, the amount of money they 'need' to live on, or the amount of income they produce for the business hiring them? Would someone please explain the mechanics of "living wage" philosophy and how it can work?

And don't forget the disgusting fact that the more money coming into government, the more they WILL spend.

I've read credible claims that it costs our government almost all the income from the Death Tax in costs of compliance and collection of that tax. Does anyone else think that is obscene, or am I alone in that?

MRJ

MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:
Maybe they could siphon off some of that cash flow and apply it to our record debt.

Sandhusker, don't any of the businesses you know about or are involved in pay any federal taxes? THAT is the giant "siphon" sucking way too much of the "cash flow" out of way too many businesses. And it has to be a major reason less money goes to "the average Joe".

BTW, what should be the basis of wages for workers, the amount of money they 'need' to live on, or the amount of income they produce for the business hiring them? Would someone please explain the mechanics of "living wage" philosophy and how it can work?

And don't forget the disgusting fact that the more money coming into government, the more they WILL spend.

I've read credible claims that it costs our government almost all the income from the Death Tax in costs of compliance and collection of that tax. Does anyone else think that is obscene, or am I alone in that?

MRJ

Under this administration, they will spend it whether or not they have it and leave it to our children pay the debt.

I am all for lower taxes MRJ. Our govt. should stop doling out our money with their earmarks "favors" like they have been especially since my kids will have to pay it. They are just pulling money for themselves from our account. This Congress is out of control on all fronts. They can not govern.

Federal taxes are not the reason that big business is paying less to the avg. worker. It is because they can get their jobs done by foreigners either living here illegally, or by trade deals that are giving labor a raw deal. I am sure this is way over your head as you have to ask the NCBA what is going on to have a position. Have you read the OIG report yet?

MRJ, Raymond, exec. for Exon just recieved 400 million in extra retirement pay by their board of directors. Under his leadership, and those in that industry, the industry became more consolidated and the margins on their products has increased substantially due to less real competition. Raymond gets rewarded for the inability of the fed. govt. to prevent monopolization of the oil industry? I wonder who he is playing golf with (never mind, I think I know).

Our country is being run by a bunch of idiots right now. There are a bunch of idiots following them.

Econ101 said:
MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:

MRJ

Under this administration, they will spend it whether or not they have it and leave it to our children pay the debt.

I am all for lower taxes MRJ. Our govt. should stop doling out our money with their earmarks "favors" like they have been especially since my kids will have to pay it. They are just pulling money for themselves from our account. This Congress is out of control on all fronts. They can not govern.

Federal taxes are not the reason that big business is paying less to the avg. worker. It is because they can get their jobs done by foreigners either living here illegally, or by trade deals that are giving labor a raw deal. I am sure this is way over your head as you have to ask the NCBA what is going on to have a position. Have you read the OIG report yet?

MRJ, Raymond, exec. for Exon just recieved 400 million in extra retirement pay by their board of directors. Under his leadership, and those in that industry, the industry became more consolidated and the margins on their products has increased substantially due to less real competition. Raymond gets rewarded for the inability of the fed. govt. to prevent monopolization of the oil industry? I wonder who he is playing golf with (never mind, I think I know).

Our country is being run by a bunch of idiots right now. There are a bunch of idiots following them.

If you are God, as you seem determined to make us believe, why do you not singlehandedly repair all the damage the evil businessmen and politicians have done to we poor simpletons????

MRJ

MRJ said:
Econ101 said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

If you are God, as you seem determined to make us believe, why do you not singlehandedly repair all the damage the evil businessmen and politicians have done to we poor simpletons????

MRJ

I am not God, never claimed it, and never will, but I do serve him, as humbly as I can as should everyone. The work on earth is to be done with the hands of men (and women). We should not just give this responsibility up to someone else. It is our mess and we (everyone) should fix it.

I don't consider myself a simpleton nor do I consider you a simpleton. We have some work to do and we shouldn't be afraid to take it on. Get out the brands and throw some more wood on the fire.

Econ101 said:
MRJ said:
Econ101 said:

MRJ

I am not God, never claimed it, and never will, but I do serve him, as humbly as I can as should everyone. The work on earth is to be done with the hands of men (and women). We should not just give this responsibility up to someone else. It is our mess and we (everyone) should fix it.

I don't consider myself a simpleton nor do I consider you a simpleton. We have some work to do and we shouldn't be afraid to take it on. Get out the brands and throw some more wood on the fire.

Many of your comments surely do sound as though you fell quite superior to many of us, in fact you have stated it pretty clearly about me and others.

Aside from that, good for you. Fortunately, God works in mysterious ways to achieve his will and we humans are too prone to take too much credit for what little part we play in it. Sadly, doing good works and giving of ones riches in as much secrecy as possible isn't always doesn't rate high with a lot of people.

So.......you do your branding with a wood fire. Do you rope the calves and drag them to the fire? Have wrestlers, or use Nord forks and one wrestler per calf? Lots of different ways to achieve a successful branding and cope with lack of young guys/gals able and willing to do the calf wrestling. Not too many of us still use the wood fire with the propane stoves so convenient.

MRJ

MRJ said:
Econ101 said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Many of your comments surely do sound as though you fell quite superior to many of us, in fact you have stated it pretty clearly about me and others.

Aside from that, good for you. Fortunately, God works in mysterious ways to achieve his will and we humans are too prone to take too much credit for what little part we play in it. Sadly, doing good works and giving of ones riches in as much secrecy as possible isn't always doesn't rate high with a lot of people.

So.......you do your branding with a wood fire. Do you rope the calves and drag them to the fire? Have wrestlers, or use Nord forks and one wrestler per calf? Lots of different ways to achieve a successful branding and cope with lack of young guys/gals able and willing to do the calf wrestling. Not too many of us still use the wood fire with the propane stoves so convenient.

MRJ

MRJ, just because I disagree with you passionately doesn't mean I think I am any better than you in the eyes of the One that matters-or anyone else, including sh or agman, or whoever else. I have always been interested in what makes people have those perceptions. I have found some of the "best" people to not be those that others value. I look for different things in people than many.

We don't have to brand here. It was a figure of speech to say that we have responsibilities here we need to attend in our country.

Econ101 said:
MRJ said:
Econ101 said:

MRJ

MRJ, just because I disagree with you passionately doesn't mean I think I am any better than you in the eyes of the One that matters-or anyone else, including sh or agman, or whoever else. I have always been interested in what makes people have those perceptions. I have found some of the "best" people to not be those that others value. I look for different things in people than many.

We don't have to brand here. It was a figure of speech to say that we have responsibilities here we need to attend in our country.

We don't HAVE to brand here, either, but must have cattle we sell inspected to determine ownership. What do you do to assure your cattle don't get stolen? Or am I incorrectly assuming you do own cattle?

So, if you do not think you are better than others, why do you so occasionally imply, or even come right out and state that there is something wrong with my (and others') reading comprehension, or intelligence, when the fact well may be that it is a simple case of your disagreement that is the real deal?

Re. outrageous rates of pay for some executives: are you omniscient enough to decide how much such pay should be? Are you willing for government to set limits on their pay? Wouldn't that lead to limits set by government for all work, if carried to logical conclusions? I certainly believe it is healthier for pay scales to be based upon the value of the work to the business paying the salaries, rather than on what someone "needs" to live on. "Need" seen differently by different people. And value being related to the ABILITY of the business to pay. What you see wrong with that?

Or is that how you believe the world should be run, since you seem disdainful of private enterprise, 'corporate' business, government (or is it just Republican administrations you hate?

Didn't you notice that "tax cuts for the rich" has resulted in MORE jobs created by those "rich" businesspeople, ultimately resulted in MORE tax collected from MORE people working?

MRJ

You were right Brad. The doomsday prophets can't accept anyone being successful. After all, nobody becomes successful by working hard, they become successful BY SCREWING SOMEONE.

What's truly amazing as the successful companies keep marching ahead DESPITE THE WHINY THUMBSUCKING BLAMERS who want to pull them down and redistribute wealth from the hardworking to the lazy and incompetant.

~SH~

MRJ said:
Econ101 said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

1. We don't HAVE to brand here, either, but must have cattle we sell inspected to determine ownership. What do you do to assure your cattle don't get stolen? Or am I incorrectly assuming you do own cattle?

2. So, if you do not think you are better than others, why do you so occasionally imply, or even come right out and state that there is something wrong with my (and others') reading comprehension, or intelligence, when the fact well may be that it is a simple case of your disagreement that is the real deal?

3. Re. outrageous rates of pay for some executives: are you omniscient enough to decide how much such pay should be? Are you willing for government to set limits on their pay? Wouldn't that lead to limits set by government for all work, if carried to logical conclusions? I certainly believe it is healthier for pay scales to be based upon the value of the work to the business paying the salaries, rather than on what someone "needs" to live on. "Need" seen differently by different people. And value being related to the ABILITY of the business to pay. What you see wrong with that?

4. Or is that how you believe the world should be run, since you seem disdainful of private enterprise, 'corporate' business, government (or is it just Republican administrations you hate?

5. Didn't you notice that "tax cuts for the rich" has resulted in MORE jobs created by those "rich" businesspeople, ultimately resulted in MORE tax collected from MORE people working?

MRJ

MRJ, you are right about a couple of things here. I will try to address them.

1. We don't have an ovewhelming rustling problem in our part of the country. Usually people keep a pretty good eye on their cattle to protect them from getting stolen. Sometimes I own cattle and sometimes I liquidate everything. It depends on what I see happening in the market. Beinc counter cyclical can be beneficial financially.

2. I don't mind disagreements when people are thinking and have real reasons for their thoughts other than someone else thinking for them. If you would like, I will ask you further questions to see what point you are making. It is the "nice" way to argue. When you can not change your mind based on evidence, I just throw my hands in the air and go to your level. If you are really wanting to discuss the merits, where you are really thinking about them, I would love to engage you "nicely". I don't go for the snow job sales pitches.

3. There is a cronyism with people in power. This has been seen time and time again. Even the boards of some companies are getting in a lot of trouble over this issue and getting sued over it. Franklin Raines showed how boards and executives game the system for their own benefit, stealing millions of dollars from shareholders in their attempt to use their positions to benefit themselves over the interests of the companies they run. Eisner is another. Boards are supposed to be independent and looking out for the interests of shareholders. Too many times they are looking out for the interest of the executive instead of shareholders. I would love to see executives get paid in salary only----no stock options, and pay the same rate as everyone else on their earnings (including SS taxes all the way up). If they want to make more money than that, they should invest in the company themselves and make it as a shareholder. They could also invest some of ther salary into stock options and it might ought to be a requirement by the board for them to do so, out of their salary (that is taxed). Why should they get tax breaks in their earnings that the average joe does not? I don't propose govt. control of salaries, just a little common sense laws and a little enforcement--which the current politicians are not providing.

4. I love private enterprise and have had my own businesses since the age of 7. We just need common sense rule for it so we don't develop a wasteful aristocracy in this country. Disdainful about what the current set of politicians have run the country? You bet. If you would think about it, you would be too instead of listening to "we have the best system in the world" while it is being dismantled before your eyes. It does require you to think a little.

5. The quality of jobs that we are getting and decrease in the sharing of the prosperity of our country (AND NO, I DON'T BELIEVE IN WELFARE, CORPORATE AND RICH PEOPLE WELFARE INCLUDED) is concerning. Russia had full employment under communism. Did it help them out? The free markets and the rule of law are the way to go. We are losing both right now.

Get a subscription to the conservative WSJ and think a little. It might do you good. Times have changed and we can't sit on our rumps about it.

Latest posts