• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Iraqi military

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
How many years before we can "stand down as the Iraqis stand up"? Looks like a long time to me. A billion dollars a week. Not a good investment from my view.
Link below; my emphasis.

"Insurgents killed 19 Iraqi security forces Saturday in clashes around Baqouba, while U.S. and Iraqi forces intensified an offensive in a rebel-infested city that the Americans subdued last year — only to have the Iraqis lose control."

"U.S. and Iraqi officials urged civilians to leave affected areas of the city, 260 miles northwest of Baghdad, a sign that the Americans were preparing a major assault. U.S. forces crushed insurgents in Tal Afar last fall, leaving only about 500 American soldiers behind and handing over control to the Iraqis.

But Iraqi authorities lost control of the city, and insurgent ranks swelled. That forced the U.S. command to shift the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment from the Baghdad area to Tal Afar to restore control."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050903/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Latest posts