• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the media bully

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cutterone

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Frankfort, Indiana
I find it quite interesting that we all hear all the time and it has been so emphasied about bullies by the media and they are the biggest bully in every town. I don't know the true facts in this Herman Caine thing but I do know that the media bullies anyone that they can. For years I even thought it wrong that until someone that has been acused of a crime could have their name and photo released until such a time that they are convicted. Until you have the facts, not gossip, finger pointing he said - she said, it's not anything more than cheap "over the fence" BS. The media is sooo concerned in everyone else cleaning up their act and it's high time they set an example. Journalism should be reporting the facts.
 

MsSage

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
4,716
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Panhandle Texas
I remember studing history and learning about Yellow journalism. I wanted to make sure I had the facts about what it really was ...................

Yellow journalism or the yellow press is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers. Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism
Frank Luther Mott (1941) defines yellow journalism in terms of five characteristics:

1.scare headlines in huge print, often of minor news
2.lavish use of pictures, or imaginary drawings
3.use of faked interviews, misleading headlines, pseudo-science, and a parade of false learning from so-called experts
4.emphasis on full-color Sunday supplements, usually with comic strips (which is now normal in the U.S.)
5.dramatic sympathy with the "underdog" against the system.
WOW I guess thats all we have anymore.
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
0
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
reporters/journalists have long enjoyed the reputation as leaches and vultures.. and bias is just another bullet point on their resume

does anyone remember the name of the reporter who broke the Obama drug use story?

or the one who disclosed his failing grades?

or his lie about being a professor?

nope just some nameless person on the internet.. the real free press...
 

hypocritexposer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
0
Location
real world
Steve said:
reporters/journalists have long enjoyed the reputation as leaches and vultures.. and bias is just another bullet point on their resume

does anyone remember the name of the reporter who broke the Obama drug use story?

or the one who disclosed his failing grades?

or his lie about being a professor?

nope just some nameless person on the internet.. the real free press...


It was quite a while ago, but I don't remember seeing as many stories about Clinton's sexual escapades and all the women that accused him, as we are about Cain's.
 

Steve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
16,547
Reaction score
0
Location
Wildwood New Jersey
hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:
reporters/journalists have long enjoyed the reputation as leaches and vultures.. and bias is just another bullet point on their resume

does anyone remember the name of the reporter who broke the Obama drug use story?

or the one who disclosed his failing grades?

or his lie about being a professor?

nope just some nameless person on the internet.. the real free press...


It was quite a while ago, but I don't remember seeing as many stories about Clinton's sexual escapades and all the women that accused him, as we are about Cain's.

Do you mean the before Clinton was elected covered up ones? or the oval office one? or since?



http://www.ranker.com/list/bill-clinton_s-loves-and-hookups/celebrityhookups


Bill Clinton's Loves & Hookups

List of Bill Clinton's women, girlfriends, wife, and mistresses. Rumors of Bill Clinton relationships and affairs. The dating history of Bill Clinton, listed by most recent.
1 Gulnora Karimova
2 Gina Gershon
3 Maria Furtwängler
4 Belinda Stronach
5 Naomi Robson
6 Elizabeth Hurley
7 Heidi Klum
8 Eleanor Mondale
9 Monica Lewinsky
10 Markie Post
11 Sharon Stone
12 Patricia Duff
13 Elizabeth Gracen
14 Sally Perdue
15 Gennifer Flowers
16 Hillary Rodham
17 Dolly Kyle Browning
only the two rather ugly ones have been confirmed.
 

hypocritexposer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
0
Location
real world
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:
reporters/journalists have long enjoyed the reputation as leaches and vultures.. and bias is just another bullet point on their resume

does anyone remember the name of the reporter who broke the Obama drug use story?

or the one who disclosed his failing grades?

or his lie about being a professor?

nope just some nameless person on the internet.. the real free press...


It was quite a while ago, but I don't remember seeing as many stories about Clinton's sexual escapades and all the women that accused him, as we are about Cain's.

Do you mean the before Clinton was elected covered up ones? or the oval office one? or since?



http://www.ranker.com/list/bill-clinton_s-loves-and-hookups/celebrityhookups


Bill Clinton's Loves & Hookups

List of Bill Clinton's women, girlfriends, wife, and mistresses. Rumors of Bill Clinton relationships and affairs. The dating history of Bill Clinton, listed by most recent.
1 Gulnora Karimova
2 Gina Gershon
3 Maria Furtwängler
4 Belinda Stronach
5 Naomi Robson
6 Elizabeth Hurley
7 Heidi Klum
8 Eleanor Mondale
9 Monica Lewinsky
10 Markie Post
11 Sharon Stone
12 Patricia Duff
13 Elizabeth Gracen
14 Sally Perdue
15 Gennifer Flowers
16 Hillary Rodham
17 Dolly Kyle Browning
only the two rather ugly ones have been confirmed.


which of those claimed he "raped" them?
 

cutterone

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Frankfort, Indiana
Well chaulk up another one for the media bullies as they were not content until they drove "Pappa Joe" out even though he was innocent of any wrong doings. Did he break the law or do anything wrong? "Well no, but he just did not do enough and besides he's old and time for him to leave."
The trumped up charges inititally brought up against Caine did not do the trick so let's up the anti. Misterally a woman that lives in the same apartment building as Axelrod, Obamas former chief of staff, has come forward with new charges but it happened 10 years ago and no charges had ever been filed or verified, she's from where - Chiago. Cain had ran for congress and the Presidency before but no mention at those times or prior to his leading the poles. Humm
Journalism at it's finest folk.
 

hopalong

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
0
Location
Az.
Didn't she complain about harassment at her next place of employment too??? :roll:
 

cutterone

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Frankfort, Indiana
Well I'm positive that the next 12 months are going to be the most lowlife, slutty months in politics than we have ever seen. By this time next year we will all loose 20 lbs from throwing up!
OT and the protesters on Wall St are so dumb that they don't even realise that the Tea Party movement has been trying to say that the media, the estabishment polticians, lobyests, big corps, and the union bosses are all in the same bag and need to be ran out of town on a rail. They are against Repubs that play the old games just as much as Dems. The problem is that the Dems play on the stupidy of folks like them and trick them into believing that they will be their savior. The only congressmen that may be the salvation of this country are the Rep Tea Party influenced members. Until we clean house in the Congress and pound the crap that the media spews back down their throats the common person does not stand a chance.
 

Larrry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
0
Location
The good ole USA
Who are these evil, filthy millionaires and billionaires that Barack Obama is using as a prop in his re-election campaign? According to Obama, these people do not pay their fair share in taxes, while the middle class bears the burden. These people are tooling around in corporate jets, while you can barely afford to put gas in your car. These people are gaining their wealth through illegitimate means, while you work an honest 9AM-5PM work day. This is the kind of class warfare that Obama is throwing at the American people day after day. So the New York Post did some great reporting and came up with some facts on “the real 1%.”

•Roughly 80 percent of millionaires in America are the first generation of their family to be rich. They didn’t inherit their wealth; they earned it.
•According to a recent survey of the top 1 percent of American earners, slightly less than 14 percent were involved in banking or finance.
•Roughly a third of millionaires were entrepreneurs or managers of nonfinancial businesses.
•Nearly 16 percent of millionaires were doctors or other medical professionals.
•Lawyers made up slightly more than 8 percent of millionaires, and engineers, scientists and computer professionals another 6.6 percent.
•Sports and entertainment figures composed almost 2 percent of millionaires.
•NYU sociologist Dalton Conley says that “higher-income folks work more hours than lower-wage earners do.”
•Overall, the rich pay an effective tax rate (after all deductions and exemptions) of roughly 24 percent. For all taxpayers as a group, the average effective tax rate is about 11 percent.
•Households with more than $1 million in income donated more than $150 billion to charity last year, roughly half of all US charitable donations.
We’ve also learned that the majority of the people who will be hit with Obama’s class warfare tax on the rich are small business owners – the very people we rely on for private sector job growth.

Pretty evil gathering of folks, wouldn’t you say? Now, a CBO report recently came out and the liberals have laminated it and bring it to every press conference, speaking event or television appearance. It is this report about income inequality in America. I’ve told you about it before – but we need to point out again that this is a report on income, not on wealth. Wealth is the total sum of your resources compared to income which reflects your resources over a given time period. It turns out that the evil 1% are less wealthy than they were a century ago; the top earner’s share of wealth at the beginning of the 21st century is lower than it was in the early 1900s.

And while we are on the topic of the evil 1%, let’s talk about greedy Wall Street. These Occutards like to protest “Big Oil” and large corporations that are supposedly destroying our environment and our economy. But let’s take a look at who really owns these big oil companies. According to CNSNews:

Less than three percent of shares in 173 publicly-traded, U.S.-based oil and natural gas companies are owned by corporate management, contrary to the perception that a very small number of wealthy people are the major beneficiaries.

An analysis released last month by the economic advisory firm Sonecon found that corporate management owns 2.8 percent of shares in those companies, while almost half – 48.9 percent – are owned by individuals, either through pension funds (31.2 percent) or Individual Retirement Accounts (17.7 percent)…

“In 2010, the oil and natural gas industry directly contributed over $470 billion to the U.S. economy in spending, wages and dividends,” said API vice president for regulatory and economic policy Kyle Isakower. “The dividends alone totaled about $35 billion and went to stockholders of these publicly-traded companies.”
 

Lonecowboy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
0
Location
eastern Montana
cutterone said:
Well I'm positive that the next 12 months are going to be the most lowlife, slutty months in politics than we have ever seen. By this time next year we will all loose 20 lbs from throwing up!
OT and the protesters on Wall St are so dumb that they don't even realise that the Tea Party movement has been trying to say that the media, the estabishment polticians, lobyests, big corps, and the union bosses are all in the same bag and need to be ran out of town on a rail. They are against Repubs that play the old games just as much as Dems. The problem is that the Dems play on the stupidy of folks like them and trick them into believing that they will be their savior. The only congressmen that may be the salvation of this country are the Rep Tea Party influenced members. Until we clean house in the Congress and pound the crap that the media spews back down their throats the common person does not stand a chance.

:clap: :clap: Great post Cutterone!
 

cutterone

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Frankfort, Indiana
I know that no news source has the balls to ask but there are two questions concerning this Caine thing I would like to see answered...
Who came forward with the news originally about Caine and who is paying the lawyer fees for these women.
 

cutterone

Well-known member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
484
Reaction score
0
Location
Frankfort, Indiana
Here we go again with the Penn State situation. Who knows if the guy is guilty or not. There is definately smoke but no one has been convicted by a court of law - only the media. What we have here is a legal mob linching by the media. How many lives have been ruined without the legal process?
The problem with these types of issues concerning this and the Caine thing is that for the most part they are he said she said and interpentation until the facts are proven and the legal systems given a chance to work then the media should stay out! How I may interpet what is said or done to or around me may be completely different from another's point of view.
 

TSR

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
0
Good post.

When it comes to corporate political power and lobbyists maybe the tea party and the ows have something in common, maybe different views on how to pursue their objectives.
Even local papers publish arrests,etc before the accused is found guilty to me this is troublesome. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty. But they know it sells papers, to heck with the accused's life thereafter.
 

loomixguy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
6,060
Reaction score
0
Location
The Dark Side
TSR said:
Good post.

When it comes to corporate political power and lobbyists maybe the tea party and the ows have something in common, maybe different views on how to pursue their objectives.
Even local papers publish arrests,etc before the accused is found guilty to me this is troublesome. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty. But they know it sells papers, to heck with the accused's life thereafter.

30 or so years ago, the authorities in Sioux City, Iowa had a novel idea to get rid of the prostitution problem that was plauge on 4th Street. Within 3 days probably 99% of the prostitutes working the area left for Fremont or Omaha, Nebraska.

The local TV stations and newspaper began airing/printing the mug shots and names of the men arrested for solicitation. Among them were judges, cops, ministers, leading businessmen, school administrators, etc. Didn't take long for bidness to curl up and dye.
 

Latest posts

Top