• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The old Cowman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Big Muddy rancher said:
Haymaker what's with the drive by postings?

You got friends here that want to know how your doing. :?

I caint always sit in front of a computer like some folks, but I will post more, fixin to get me one of em new iphones, then i can be in touch.
good luck

PS Thanks for your concern, big dummie :D
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,339
Reaction score
615
Location
Big Muddy valley
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Haymaker what's with the drive by postings?

You got friends here that want to know how your doing. :?

I caint always sit in front of a computer like some folks, but I will post more, fixin to get me one of em new iphones, then i can be in touch.
good luck

PS Thanks for your concern, big dummie :D

Oh it wasn't me concerned :wink: I said you had friends I didn't say who. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
gcreekrch said:
Thanks for the song Hay Maker.

I was worried about your well-being also. What ya been up to?

Thanks gceekrch, I just been running back & forth between the Hill country and south, drought ended the cattle deal for me, just seen too many people put high dollar hay into cattle only to have to sell when there was'nt any hay at any price, let my lease ground go south, so kinda got the wagons circled here in the Hill country.
I have a gentlemans agreement with a neighbor for 800 acre pasture, we'll have to see what happens if and when we get the grass restored around here....................thanks for your concern.
good luck
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,645
Reaction score
500
Location
west chilcotin bc
HAY MAKER said:
gcreekrch said:
Thanks for the song Hay Maker.

I was worried about your well-being also. What ya been up to?

Thanks gceekrch, I just been running back & forth between the Hill country and south, drought ended the cattle deal for me, just seen too many people put high dollar hay into cattle only to have to sell when there was'nt any hay at any price, let my lease ground go south, so kinda got the wagons circled here in the Hill country.
I have a gentlemans agreement with a neighbor for 800 acre pasture, we'll have to see what happens if and when we get the grass restored around here....................thanks for your concern.
good luck

Time to move north to a place that never runs out of water. :D

Might be a little of that white stuff from time to time though.........
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
I sure am thinkin about some place North this damned texas weather is getting old, constant drought broken by an occasional flood.
good luck
 

Trinity man

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
7
Location
Guy Store, Texas
HAY MAKER said:
I sure am thinkin about some place North this damned texas weather is getting old, constant drought broken by an occasional flood.
good luck

You can say that again. This drought is killing all the ranchers around here. Some guys water well have went dry, all of the grasses around here is dead, the cattle market has gone to crap and hay isn't any where to be found unless its made of gold. The pasture here at my house is nothing but dirt and I have 3 horses on 30 ac on it We have had some rain, but it don't do any good unless you have grass to use it. The goat weeds around here are even dead. :roll: I guess the only good thing is I still have cows from one money guy and its because they can water out of the river. He brings them hay every week. His water wells went dry for him so he was hauling hay and water for them. Now he just has to haul hay. I have some 100 yr old Post Oaks that are dead that we are about to cut down and make lumber out of to build cattle feeders. Maybe one day I can use them.
 

Latest posts

Top