• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Rest of the Story . . .

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
This is the rest of the story that you won't get in Sunday School . . . guaranteed!

Seems the Lord came upon a desolate looking Adam sitting under a shade tree in the garden one day.

So He asks him, "Adam, why are you looking so blue?"

Adam replies, "I don't really know what it is, but it seems like something's missing . . . not that I don't like your company Lord, but I'm lonely or something."

The Lord said, "Adam, I know what it is that you are in need of. I can make you a companion if you like."

Adam thinks for a minute and finally asks, "And what would that companion be like?"

The Lord really loved Adam in his cautious vulnerability and decided to go all out with this companion.

He said, "OOOhhh, she would be so soft and tender, she would be the most desirable thing you ever laid eyes on, she would be there for you day or night, fulfilling all your wishes and needs, she would have your babies and take care of them, she would do your laundry, make your meals, keep house for you, meet you at the door with a smile every evening when you come home from the fields, she would be every thing you every could want or dream of. And we would call her woman"

Adam goes quiet again for a bit; this was an offer that was worth weighing carefully. Finally he asked, "And what would this woman cost me?"

The Lord replied, "An arm and a leg."

Once again, Adam thinks this over for a good long while.

Then he asked, "And what could I get for a rib?"

all right, MLA!!! Nowwww ya did it!! if it takes all night (and half of tomorrow), I will think of a good comeback!! :wink: :wink:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
ranchwife said:
all right, MLA!!! Nowwww ya did it!! if it takes all night (and half of tomorrow), I will think of a good comeback!! :wink:
:wink:

Sure, go ahead.

I've waited that long before! :wink: :)

There is an old saying for that MLA "You get what you pay for" just look what you could have had if Adam hadn't have been so cheap. :wink:

Latest posts