• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the round up !

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,440
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
well, about 11 this morning I get a call.....the neighbors critters are all loose and on the run. two hours later we got them back in. I hate his buffalo!

he was in Wichita, 4 hours away....so all of the neighbors put away his buffalo.... I ran the hell out of them, they were so hot and thirsty by time they got home, they were HAPPY to be locked back up...

got a couple pics, but they are on my phone, and can not figure out how to get them of there and on the computer...
 

Mrs.Greg

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
7,465
Reaction score
1
Location
Alberta
You got buffalo back in,then I wanna see pics,here we just shoot a wayward buffalo.

Email the pic to your computer,save it in your files and photobucket into here.... :)
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
28,952
Reaction score
174
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Good thing you didn't try roping one. Years ago, when buffalo were first brought to Wyoming, the UM ranch bought some. A good friend of ours (and a good roper) worked there at the time. When they unloaded the buffalo, as I recall, they unloaded the bull first and he went right through the board fence and got away. So the cowboys went after them.
Melvin managed to get a rope on him and dallied up. The bull hit the ground and died. I guess they have a very delicate windpipe. Can't stand
any thing around their neck. 'Course these guys didn't know that...
 

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,440
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
Mrs.Greg said:
You got buffalo back in,then I wanna see pics,here we just shoot a wayward buffalo.

Email the pic to your computer,save it in your files and photobucket into here.... :)
chased them onto an alfalfa field and ran the ever loving snot out of them...they got hot and tired, and went straight home.


I have tried to send it to my e mail, and online albums, but nothing is working. I should just text it to you, and let you mess with it!
 

Stub

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Faster horses said:
Good thing you didn't try roping one. Years ago, when buffalo were first brought to Wyoming, the UM ranch bought some. A good friend of ours (and a good roper) worked there at the time. When they unloaded the buffalo, as I recall, they unloaded the bull first and he went right through the board fence and got away. So the cowboys went after them.
Melvin managed to get a rope on him and dallied up. The bull hit the ground and died. I guess they have a very delicate windpipe. Can't stand
any thing around their neck. 'Course these guys didn't know that...
Would Mel might have been Mel Rives?
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,482
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
chased them onto an alfalfa field and ran the ever loving snot out of them...they got hot and tired, and went straight home.

They must be smarter than cows. Most cattle I have seen tired and hot wanted bristle up and fight.
 

Triangle Bar

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
2
Location
S. Central Colorado
A fella who owns a ranch here in Colorado found a more permanent solution to his neighbors buffalo, that he either couldn't or wouldn't keep them on his own ranch. So the guy, who lives in Texas, told his ranch manager to gather a bunch of hunters and shoot them if they were on his property again. Well they didn't have to wait long...after the gun smoke cleared, there were 32 dead buffalo spread over about a 100 acres.

He's now facing 32 counts of aggravated cruelty to animals.

He should of just taken them on nice run, back home. :)
 

Mrs.Greg

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
7,465
Reaction score
1
Location
Alberta
jigs said:
Mrs.Greg said:
You got buffalo back in,then I wanna see pics,here we just shoot a wayward buffalo.

Email the pic to your computer,save it in your files and photobucket into here.... :)
chased them onto an alfalfa field and ran the ever loving snot out of them...they got hot and tired, and went straight home.


I have tried to send it to my e mail, and online albums, but nothing is working. I should just text it to you, and let you mess with it!
Well,you could try that but I have no idea how to get it from there,thats what my 24 yr old daughter or 3 yr old grandson are for.....lol
 

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,440
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
Triangle Bar said:
A fella who owns a ranch here in Colorado found a more permanent solution to his neighbors buffalo, that he either couldn't or wouldn't keep them on his own ranch. So the guy, who lives in Texas, told his ranch manager to gather a bunch of hunters and shoot them if they were on his property again. Well they didn't have to wait long...after the gun smoke cleared, there were 32 dead buffalo spread over about a 100 acres.

He's now facing 32 counts of aggravated cruelty to animals.

He should of just taken them on nice run, back home. :)
well, we are all ready for him to get them all gone or shoot them ourselves.... he is one of those "holistic" guys.....a "roll your own" kinda fellow....
 

Big Swede

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
0
Location
South Dakota
That's funny this topic came up because I just got back from checking cows and found a huge buffalo bull in with my cows. My first thought was that he probably escaped from the Rosebud Sioux tribe's pasture which is only 15 miles away but after talking with the neighbors I found out my neighbors to the north about 5 miles have a few and maybe it's one of theirs. I'm waiting for a return call.

We have a knack around here for feeding the tribes wildlife. About 15 years ago some of their elk escaped and they soon learned that an irrigated corn field is a wonderful place to live. It was kind of a novelty back then to see them but they have populated so well they are now a total pain in the butt. My brother recently had the GFP try to haze about 80 head of them away from his corn field back across the border to the reservation. I'm not sure how well that went but from the looks of the fences they must have gotten some of them to leave, for a while anyway. I've got a license that opens up Sept 1 so there will be at least one less varmit very soon. Around here we call them 1000 pound prairie dogs. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, any of you South Dakotans that want to apply for and elk tag for Bennett County you have a place to hunt, that is if you meet my one requirement. All you have to do is answer one question. Who did you vote for or who will you vote for in the presidential election. There is only 1 right answer. The right answer will get you access and the wrong answer will not :wink: :wink:
 

Big Swede

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
0
Location
South Dakota
I guess you've got a point, there are maybe 2 acceptable answers, but there is definately 1 wrong answer.
 

Latest posts

Top