• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Sherry Arnold case

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:
This is one of the sad things of our criminal court system-- where Judges are so shorthanded-- because of overwork/lack of funding for more Judges- or their appointments have set for years without getting Congressional approval because of partisan game playing... And every year we go further behind in the process.... And its years before the criminals -complainants/defendants get their day in court...

Judge Richard Simonton was appointed by Congress?

NOPE- but I've heard the court cases in the counties/districts affected by the Bakken oil are stacked up for years- mainly because the State Legislature has not funded enough Judges to make up the caseload change.....

Just for info- a post that was on the Bakken oil field site on FB:

Bakken Oilfield, Fail of the Day

Yesterday.

A friend of the page has 40-50 or so apartments available in Williston, rents start at $2k for one bedroom, and up to $3400 for 3, contact the page if you want his contact info. Thanks

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:
This is one of the sad things of our criminal court system-- where Judges are so shorthanded-- because of overwork/lack of funding for more Judges- or their appointments have set for years without getting Congressional approval because of partisan game playing... And every year we go further behind in the process.... And its years before the criminals -complainants/defendants get their day in court...

NOPE- but I've heard the court cases in the counties/districts affected by the Bakken oil are stacked up for years- mainly because the State Legislature has not funded enough Judges to make up the caseload change.....

Yesterday.

A friend of the page has 40-50 or so apartments available in Williston, rents start at $2k for one bedroom, and up to $3400 for 3, contact the page if you want his contact info. Thanks

I thought the Bakken oilfield was making everything "just grand", in Montana, now you are complaining?

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:

Yesterday.

So.............................you WERE lying! :lol: :lol: Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

Yesterday.

I thought the Bakken oilfield was making everything "just grand", in Montana, now you are complaining?

Nope- probably won't happen in this case- but it would be hell if someone committing such a serious crime was released because they were not given access to a speedy trial....
I think the quick changes happening in the state- sometimes overnight-- is more fuel to the fire for the reason we need a State Legislature meeting every year- instead of every 2 years....
The world today is a much more faster place than when that law was set up...

It's been raining here for days and I can hardly get any baling done. I think I'll blame it on partisan politics. :roll: It's about as relevant to my situation as "lack of Congressional approval" is to the one you noted.

As for Spell and Waters, here's my suggestion if you're concerned about them not getting a timely trial.

Have them placed in solitude in a remote area near Sidney where Obama can call in a Predator Drone strike. That strategy worked just fine for another American citizen.

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

Nope- probably won't happen in this case- but it would be hell if someone committing such a serious crime was released because they were not given access to a speedy trial....
I think the quick changes happening in the state- sometimes overnight-- is more fuel to the fire for the reason we need a State Legislature meeting every year- instead of every 2 years....
The world today is a much more faster place than when that law was set up...

Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again. :lol: :lol:

OT really is the gift that keeps on giving Mike. How someone can be proven to be such a fool over and over again and yet keep coming back for more is beyond me. :lol:

Whitewing said:
OT really is the gift that keeps on giving Mike. How someone can be proven to be such a fool over and over again and yet keep coming back for more is beyond me. :lol:

There has to be an idiot in every forum. He's the "King" idiot. :lol:

Prosecutors won't seek death penalty in Sidney teacher's killing

Prosecutors say they no longer will pursue the death penalty against a Colorado man suspected of killing a teacher in eastern Montana's oil patch.

Tuesday's move by Richland County Attorney Mike Weber comes after psychiatrists determined 25-year-old Michael Keith Spell is mentally disabled.

Spell is charged with killing 43-year-old Sherry Arnold, who disappeared while jogging along a Sidney street in 2012.

Weber cited a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that said executing mentally disabled criminals constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

A state judge on Friday rejected attempts by Spell's attorneys to have him declared incompetent. That would have let him avoid trial.

Spell now faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted on charges of attempted kidnapping and deliberate homicide.

An accomplice pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/prosecutors-won-t-seek-death-penalty-in-sidney-teacher-s/article_b90adae2-4e1e-5fd5-a0d6-f5bc0e87c164.html#ixzz32IE9ObwW

An Update on the Sherry Arnold case... This will about wrap it up as I'm pretty sure he will plead guilty and get life in prison too now...

"executing mentally disabled criminals constitutes cruel and unusual punishment."

IMO nothing too bad could happen to this guy.

What happened to Sherry Arnold was cruel and unusual punishment of
an innocent person. Now we can pay for this creep for the rest of his
life.

Sometimes we are just too civilized. :mad:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I guess i missed it what happened to Waters? :?

He made a deal to testify against Spell if they dropped the death penalty- and agreed to plead guilty for life in prison...

Latest posts