• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The spin starts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
In case anyone forgot, late in September Gen Casey said there was one (1) Iraqi Army unit able to function on it's own. One. Yet next week, five weeks later, the Bush Bunch is going to start telling us that the Iraqi Army is now able to defend the country and we can start pulling soldiers out after elections next month. :D I don't care what excuse they use, I'll be glad to see our troops come home. But I'll be here to point out the inconsistencies in their stands. Excerpts; link below; my emphasis, along with some of my own comments. :D

"Even as debate over the Iraq war continues to rage, signs are emerging of a convergence of opinion on how the Bush administration might begin to exit the conflict.

In a departure from previous statements, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said this week that the training of Iraqi soldiers had advanced so far that the current number of U.S. troops in the country probably would not be needed much longer."

---ROTFLMAO Remarkable how fast those Iraqis are learning! I guess it's all those Saddam-trained soldiers that have been allowed back in the Army. ---

"President Bush will give a major speech Wednesday at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., in which aides say he is expected to herald the improved readiness of Iraqi troops, which he has identified as the key condition for pulling out U.S. forces.
---In only six weeks!---

"The administration's pivot on the issue comes as the White House is seeking to relieve enormous pressure by war opponents. The camp includes liberals, moderates and old-line conservatives who are uneasy with the costly and uncertain nation-building effort."

"As recently as late September, senior U.S. military commanders said during a congressional hearing that just one Iraqi battalion, about 700 soldiers, was considered capable of undertaking combat operations fully independent of U.S. support. Administration officials now dismiss that measure of readiness, saying more Iraqi units are able to conduct advanced operations each day."
---After all, what do the professional soldiers, Generals on the ground know? That's what got us into this mess, ignoring the advice of experienced, professional soldiers.---

""I think the administration will yield to the reality of an Army that is apparently beginning to buckle under the strain of these long-term deployments," Krepinevich said."
---I think he's right. The Bush Bunch has damaged our Army. They've put our country at risk. If we actually needed our military to defend our country against a specific threat (No Korea, for example), we'd be in bad shape and our enemies know it. This withdrawal is going to encourage every enemy of our country. Thanks, George, for putting us in this position.---

Full article here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-withdraw26nov26,0,7710697,full.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Somewhere I read/heard that the army of Iraq was now up to 700 " active" members. Not sure who or how " active" is being qualified....but these people, be they good or bad, have been "Led" by someone King, dictator, etc forever practically. They don't know how to run their own show...and that in itself is not their fault.

I'm SO against the war...but I really don't see how the Army CAN leave and not leave it to turn into a bigger C.F. ( cluster F--K) than it already is. It's like the international " tarbaby"....you get one hand free then next thing ya know....your leg is stuck!! Such a unncessary mess we got now! Thanks George!

Disagreeable said:
This withdrawal is going to encourage every enemy of our country.
Exactly! But you pacifist appeasers wanted withdrawal, did you not? So let's see where that puts you and kolanuraven and other appeasement-minded cowards......

I've been referring to you as terrorist sympathizers, but maybe that wasn't entirely correct? In light of this latest admission from you, maybe terrorist ally would be a better description? You get what you want and it will "encourage every enemy of our country." Your own words, not mine. So, do you finally admit what people here have been trying to tell you? That we should stay the course for our own national security? Or do we write a new definition in the old Webster's?

Terrorist ally n. (pl. -lies) 1. Disagreeable. 2. kolanuraven. 3. Other similar cowards.

Geez what a fanatic you are X. I bet you have a little bit of spit in the corner of your mouth as you type these rants!!

kolanuraven said:
Geez what a fanatic you are X.
:oops: Thank you, but you're embarrassing me. Stop it, please.

kolanuraven said:
I bet you have a little bit of spit in the corner of your mouth as you type these rants!!
I don't even want to think about what you've got in the corner of your mouth. :shock:

maybe dis drank the anti-military Kool-ade,

but that is not the point of my reply,

it is the way Dis seems to be celebrating our surrender? Could someone show me where President George W. Bush said we are pulling out of Iraq.

From the President's Nov. 21 2005 speech:
But Bush reiterated his policy that U.S. troops will stay in Iraq until that country's security forces can stand on their own.

"An immediate withdrawal of our troops from Iraq will only strengthen the terrorists' hand in Iraq and in the broader war on terror," Bush said.

The president said the Sunni-dominated insurgency's goal was to "break our will" so that an early withdrawal would lead to "a safe haven for terror."

Leaving Iraq prematurely, he said, is "not going to happen, so long as I'm the president."

and from Secretary Rice, on Nov. 20. :
But as the President has said, any consideration of American forces and our troop levels there will be driven by commanders' recommendations. Those will be driven, in turn, by conditions on the ground and in consultation with the Iraqi government and coalition forces.

I don't have any doubt that over a period of time here, you're going to start to see a situation in which Iraqis are capable enough to take on much of their own responsibility. And then you'll see American forces come out.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/11/20051120-8.html

but if you care to show where the President said we should surrender to the Radical Islamic Terrorists, and chop our own heads off, please post it as I spent most of this week with family and friends, I guess I missed the big anti-military celebration at dis's manzil, and mosque,

maybe her family is sending her back to the mostashfa, cause she is mauzs...

(if dis is right we had better start learning how to speak Arabic)......

Latest posts