• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The World is Watching

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Link below; my emphasis

"The world has watched amazed as the planet's only superpower struggles with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, with some saying the chaos has exposed flaws and deep divisions in American society."

..."But many have also been shocked by the images of disorder beamed around the world -- looters roaming the debris-strewn streets and thousands of people gathered in New Orleans waiting for the authorities to provide food, water and other aid.

"Anarchy in the USA" declared Britain's best-selling newspaper The Sun.

"Apocalypse Now" headlined Germany's Handelsblatt daily.

The pictures of the catastrophe -- which has killed hundreds and possibly thousands -- have evoked memories of crises in the world's poorest nations such as last year's tsunami in Asia, which left more than 230,000 people dead or missing.
"

..."Many newspapers highlighted criticism of local and state authorities and of President Bush. Some compared the sputtering relief effort with the massive amounts of money and resources poured into the war in Iraq.

"A modern metropolis sinking in water and into anarchy -- it is a really cruel spectacle for a champion of security like Bush," France's left-leaning Liberation newspaper said.

"(Al Qaeda leader Osama) bin Laden, nice and dry in his hideaway, must be killing himself laughing."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050902/ts_nm/weather_katrina_reaction_dc

Yes, the world is watching and alas some of our finest "criminals" show that they care only about themselves and how they can further destroy the little hope left in the people left devistated by tradigy...

Most Americans are also appalled by this behaviour, and when a few speak out, they are labeled racist or worse, so I'll stick to calling them what they are, Low life thugs and criminals, not just the many that were seen on TV, but all the rest who pray on the victims.....

Maybe next time some one wants to soften up on crime these pictures will convince them to lock thse "criminals" up and throw away the key.

And may we all pray for and assist in any way we can for those that are victims and just caught unaware or unprepared...

and Dis while reading your "article", I kept thinking, why find and post an article that seems to "blame Americans" for bringing this disaster upon themselves. Do you really hate America so that you find joy in posting the crap others think in thier twisted way because they hate what America stands for,,,Freedom, Liberty, Hope........

By the way, I could care less what Americas haters think while they are watching a tradigy unfold, especially a "left leaning French newspaper"...

The fact that mother nature has humbled the most powerful nation on earth doesn't prove much. Why is everybody so surprised? Do you really think that if Al Gore or John Kerry were in office, things would be better? I doubt it. In the end, we're just pitiful little creatures wandering around on a huge revolving sphere, prone to all its capricious elements. No administration can save us from that.

mp.freelance said:
The fact that mother nature has humbled the most powerful nation on earth doesn't prove much. Why is everybody so surprised? Do you really think that if Al Gore or John Kerry were in office, things would be better? I doubt it. In the end, we're just pitiful little creatures wandering around on a huge revolving sphere, prone to all its capricious elements. No administration can save us from that.

Quite often Mother Nature reminds us of who is The Boss of this old world- something no government has control over....The south gets their hurricanes- we get the blizzards.....Brings us back to the reality of how infinitesimal we are.....

Thank God that here in Oregon all we have to worry about is the constant rain. We're due for a huge earthquake sooner or later, but at least we don't have to worry about hurricanes year after year like they do down there.

Steve said:
Yes, the world is watching and alas some of our finest "criminals" show that they care only about themselves and how they can further destroy the little hope left in the people left devistated by tradigy...

Most Americans are also appalled by this behaviour, and when a few speak out, they are labeled racist or worse, so I'll stick to calling them what they are, Low life thugs and criminals, not just the many that were seen on TV, but all the rest who pray on the victims.....

Maybe next time some one wants to soften up on crime these pictures will convince them to lock thse "criminals" up and throw away the key.

And may we all pray for and assist in any way we can for those that are victims and just caught unaware or unprepared...

and Dis while reading your "article", I kept thinking, why find and post an article that seems to "blame Americans" for bringing this disaster upon themselves. Do you really hate America so that you find joy in posting the crap others think in thier twisted way because they hate what America stands for,,,Freedom, Liberty, Hope........

By the way, I could care less what Americas haters think while they are watching a tradigy unfold, especially a "left leaning French newspaper"...

I'm not "blaming Americans"; I'm blaming George W. Bush for taking money from the levees and spending it in Iraq, for hiring political hacks to run FEMA, and for spending his time on his personal war instead of this country.

mp.freelance said:

No administaration can stop a hurricane. But a competent administration would have a competent management agency to help in the aftermath. We've spent billions on Homeland Security and this is what we got. We had several days' warning that this was going to happen, we wouldn't have that warning from terrorists. I don't feel a bit safer from terrorist attacks after this fiasco.

You're never safe from anything. The odds of a natural disaster or a terrorist attack killing you are pretty low, but the chances of getting killed in a car are exponentially higher. For some reason, the least common modes of death are the ones we get most ancy about.

This talk about what could have been done to prevent the hurricane tragedy reveals a systemic flaw in the liberal way of thinking: you somehow believe that the world can be made a better, safer place. I don't think it can.

You know I here everyone blaming the whole mess on the federal goverment and Bush for not doing this or that fast enough or good enough. But I would like to know where was the local goverment the mayors and governors of the states affected. I saw a story on the local news last night saying that the school buses and city transit buses for new orleans never left there parking lots. Why? If everyone was so worried about levy's failing and flooding why did they not start moving people with these resources before the storm and right after before the flooding got so bad? And yes Disagreeable I am expecting you to tear me apart and tell me what a Bush supporter I am, but I bet you cant come up with a good answer as to why the mayor of new orleans and the governor of Lousina stood around looking like dorks as well.

b9e0036a.jpg

He also points out that virtually HUNDREDS of city and school buses literally under the control of the New Orleans officials were NOT used at the outset of the mandatory evacuation to remove poor people in vulnerable areas who had no transportation and who were the ones we all saw at the Superdome and the Convention Center in such horrendous conditions. And that those buses are now sitting in lots and garages flooded and totally useless! They could have been used to remove all or most of those folks at the Dome and the convention center BEFORE the hurricane and they would never have been at the Dome and the Convention Center in the first place!

To use the Buses would have meant "listening" to and "heading the warning" from the President and FEMA when they called for a complete evacuation 36 hours before the hurricane hit......

and another thing, How many of the helpless people did the News crew Helos rescue during this tragidy? They seemed to have unlimited budgets to fly around dropping off news crews, yet they helped not one poor dieing person, talk about cold blooded.....to look horified people in the face and keep filming...

Steve said:
To use the Buses would have meant "listening" to and "heading the warning" from the President and FEMA when they called for a complete evacuation 36 hours before the hurricane hit......

and another thing, How many of the helpless people did the News crew Helos rescue during this tragidy? They seemed to have unlimited budgets to fly around dropping off news crews, yet they helped not one poor dieing person, talk about cold blooded.....to look horified people in the face and keep filming...

Show me where Bush called for a complete evacuation 36 hours before the hurricane hit. He was too busy enjoying his vacation and fund raising events to tell people to evacuate.

You guys can spin all day, but the world saw our weakness and it could only encourage those who might want to attack our country again. Bush has taken an effective responsive goverment agency and turned it into a place for political hacks.

If this is how they respond in a natural disaster with four days warning, what could we expect with a sudden terrorist attack? Homeland Security is obviously a very expensive joke on the American people.

nenmrancher said:
You know I here everyone blaming the whole mess on the federal goverment and Bush for not doing this or that fast enough or good enough. But I would like to know where was the local goverment the mayors and governors of the states affected. I saw a story on the local news last night saying that the school buses and city transit buses for new orleans never left there parking lots. Why? If everyone was so worried about levy's failing and flooding why did they not start moving people with these resources before the storm and right after before the flooding got so bad? And yes Disagreeable I am expecting you to tear me apart and tell me what a Bush supporter I am, but I bet you cant come up with a good answer as to why the mayor of new orleans and the governor of Lousina stood around looking like dorks as well.

APPLAUSE!!! APPLAUSE!!! The GOVERNOR of louisiana should have evacuated long before the call was issued....when she knew the size and strength of Katrina, the national guard and other forms of assistance should have been initiated and people should have be REMOVED from the areas of danger----whether they wanted to go or not!!!!!
Oh well.....'should have, could have, would have' are all easy to say in the aftermath....let's just hope that we ALL have learned our lesson and will be better prepared should this (and you know it WILL) happen again!! :?

Latest posts