• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

THE WRONG ARMY

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
I got this from a young soldier friend of mine recently returned from his second tour of duty in Iraq. His first tour was in Afghanistan.

Most of you will appreciate this. Dis and the other libs on here won't, but I do so hope they take the time to read it because the soldier who wrote this is talking about them and others with the same mind set.

Happy Thanksgiving!! And don't forget to thank God for our young people in the armed services putting themselves in harm's way on foreign shores to keep us safe from terrorists on our shores.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THEWRONGARMY.HTML

That is a great link, Liberty Belle. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Too bad that Disagreeable, kolanuraven and assorted terrorist sympathizers won't even read it. Or if they do, they won't even see themselves. It should be just like looking in a mirror for them.

That's a great idea about remembering our service people in our prayers. We also do that in our home. We pray for Him to give them comfort and watch over them---just as they give all of us comfort by watching over us. None of us could enjoy our many blessings without the sacrifices they make for us. It just infuriates me when people like Disagreeable, kolanuraven and other terrorist sympathizers use our service people as pawns for political gain.

What a great link LB!

Spent last week with the family in California. I was impressed by the patriotism shown at Sea World. First, the park opened with the Star Spangled Banner, all employees stopped what they were doing and stood at attention. At the Shamu show, all US and US allies military personnel were asked to stand and be recognized, while an actual PRO-MILITARY video played on the big screen! In this age of PC and anti-military liberals, it was all very refreshing to see such a public display. Way to go Sea World! The kid loved it, but hated Disneyland, so geuss we must be doing something right.

The message is so accurate. Less than 5 years after the end of WWII, the Korean War began.

Our huge military had been largely disbanded, equipment sold or given away. I guess the assumption was that with the atomic bomb in our arsenal, conventional military wasn't needed.

There was a furious scramble to make troops available in Korea. Occupation troops from Japan were sent to Korea, bascially untrained.
Some were dispatched so quickly that they arrived in Korean combat without weapons and in dress uniforms.

I'll help pay my share for an adequate stand-by military. If its too big, that's OK.

reader (the Second) said:
Having lived in a country at war, I believe in having an adequate military in order to prevent wars at best and at worst to stop war makers.

Unlike 40 years ago, the American public is NOT finding fault either with the military nor with the idea of a strong military. It is finding fault with the strategy or lack thereof of the Commander in Chief and his advisors for winning the war and winning the peace.

More troops and reinstituting the draft might well have finished off this war more quickly.

It's ingenuous to think that Richard Gere and George Clooney represent everyone (or even more than a small group) of the people criticizing Bush or that the criticism involves the military.

We "liberals" have as much disdain for the Hollywood types and the opportunistic politicians as you do. You're ignoring a huge and growing group of US citizens who want a clear strategy.

Who did your candidate gravitate to in the last Pres Election? Who gives loads of money to the Dems? Who has the history of trashing the military? The Hollywood elitists who all align with the Dems. Must be quite an attraction there.

Latest posts