• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Them White Horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Well Zeph. The Lippizaner from Austria are white. I am not sure about the rest of the breeds but some ponies have white ones . you don't see as many white horses as you used to i don't think.When horses were not bred as strictly as now a white horse was more of a novelty. Their are also Albinos but I am not sure as I thought it was a "breed"but I think they can show up from time to time as a genitic "Mutation" .
I hope some that know more about this can repy cause it is some thing I haven't really thought much about. Also some "white" horses are grays that have faded with age. Good question. Hope somebody can give up some more info.

MsSage

Reaction score
Dont forget the Andalusian and the American White is also known as the American Albino.

White - Any non-albino white horse is called a gray, even though they appear white. All white, may be the result of overlapping pinto, appaloosa, or sabino markings. Rarely there are true white horses born and are documented to have a dominant white gene. These horses have normal eye colour, and they stay white for life.

kolanuraven

Reaction score
I had a solid white Reg Appaloosa when I was kid. Not one spot on the critter but full blooded! No one believed it so I kept a copy of his paper in the barn to whip out and prove it to them!!!

He had one glass/blue eye and one brown eye!

He scared most folks just by his apperance but you'd not find a sweeter kinder horse than he was. He died of old age on me.

zephyrus31

Reaction score
This is amazing, y'all! There's quite a few types here to choose from. (It's for my little cowboy story..shh!) :wink:

MsSage, what's an overlapping pinto, appaloosa, or sabino marking? :?

Jersey Lily, those pictures kick serious tail! Wish I could ride one to a ranch all the way from France.. :)

And Kolanu, I'd love to have met your Appaloosa! He sounded like a great buddy :D

zephyrus31

Reaction score
Oh, okay.. Heheh, guess I need to learn rancher talk before I work on one! :D My hat is currently hanging right here in sunny Malaysia, y'all should come here one day while I promote white beaches and stuff.. :wink:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
She did not turn blue!

She looked White until I wet her with a hose/Water
Then you could see her skin had a Light Sky Blue Paint Color in her skin
I called Her
Blanca Auzal (sp)
White Blue in spanish

Blanca was out of a Breeding Stock Paint Mare {No Color} that was Bred Back to a (TB Stud) (An Off season Breeding to a Stud that had won The Kentucky Darby) (Candy Spots)

A friend "No Name's" would keep many Top Studs in the off season
When you'ed get the foals "Registration Papers" the Top Line would just say "TB Stud"

I hope I've explained it!

zephyrus31

Reaction score
Haha, I was wondering how she'd 'turn blue'.. That's a really great thing that, for a horse to have a blue skin colour. Thanks for explaining, sir, I'll look out for the Kentucky Derby, too!

Latest posts