• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Then and Now that Change Oldtimer believes in

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sQb_4hXLx2Q#!

Obama on soaring gas prices: No silver bullet
Posted by:
CNN White House Producer Lesa Jansen

Nashua, NH (CNN) - As gas prices climb to near $4 a gallon in some areas of the country, President Barack Obama Thursday warned there is "no silver bullet" to relieve the pain at the pump. (With two Oil men in the White House Obama seem to think there was)

The president traveled to Nashua, New Hampshire, in the midst of a snowstorm, to lay out his administration's broad energy objectives. "[T]he key part of this strategy over the last three years has been to increase safe, responsible oil production here at home while also pursuing clean energy for the future. We don't have to choose between one or the other, we've got to do both," Obama told the audience. (IF we got to do both then why isn't he allowing the one while he is wasting billions on failed Solar plants)

Highlighting his "all of the above" approach, President Obama pushed for Congress to take $4 billion in tax breaks from big oil companies. "[T]hese companies are making record profits right now - tens of billions of dollars a year," said Mr. Obama. "Every time you go to the gas tank or fill up your gas tank, they're making money." ("All of the above" means heavily taxing oil so he can fund the other)

Speaking at Nashua Community College, the president tried to deflect harsh GOP criticism that his energy policies are in part to blame for the soaring gas prices. Using slides and bar graphs to drive home his point, Mr. Obama argued that domestic oil and gas production is at its highest point in 8 years under his administration, despite claims from some energy experts that the boom is a result of policies put in place during the Bush administration. ( It is at high levels IN SPITE OF HIM)

And in his second visit in three months to this critical election battleground state, the president lashed out at Republicans for politicizing the issue of rising gas prices. (Refer to video to see what a hypocrite Obama is)

"The easiest thing in the world is to make phony election-year promises about lowering gas prices," said Mr. Obama. "But what's harder is to make a serious, sustained commitment to tackle a problem that we've been talking about for 30 years," he said. (He should know about making phony election year promises and as for his serious substainable commitment well lets see how serious he is)
Obama-Hawaii_TDT.jpg

obamaball.jpg

697-APTOPIX_Obama_2008sffstandalone.jpg

We have countless Golf, B Ball, bike riding, outings, and add to that endless Air Force One trips around the World, late night TV, countless White House parties, family vacations at top notch high society resorts and 100 Campaign fund raisers. I think we can see what he is really serious about.(Living High on the hog on the tax payers dime) I doubt anyone but the liberal media thinks it is bringing down gas prices after what his Sec of Energy Chu let slip out the other day.

Oh since the Dems hated the Cheney secret meetings with Oil Executives what is with the countless close door meeting with Union Bosses with wish lists in hand. :?

I don't like any "secret meetings" but since unions represent the working class, in general, and want the best for them, and this working class is only 6% of the working people (statistics by a gov. official on C-span). And in view of the fact that both parties acknowledge the plight of the working people with respect to wages. I have to at least listen to what he says.

maybe the question has to be rephrased...

Can anyone name policy or actions the Obama administration has taken to lower energy costs?

No you fixed it for YOU, Mike. Ever worked in a factory for any length of time?

TSR said:
I don't like any "secret meetings" but since unions represent the working class, in general, and want the best for them, and this working class is only 6% of the working people (statistics by a gov. official on C-span). And in view of the fact that both parties acknowledge the plight of the working people with respect to wages. I have to at least listen to what he says.

I love how you skipped right over the whole being a hypocrite part and right to the defending the Unions part. :wink: You have learned your liberal lessons well TSR. Secret meeting are SECRET meeting and Obama said he was going to be the most transparent administration in modern history but what did you get with his promise of CHANGE.

What you got was an Administration being threatened with Contempt of Congress charges, filed Contempt of Court charges by the Supreme Court , and lots of SECRET MEETINGS. He has gone so Secret he holds some of the meetings across the street so his "Guests" don't have to sign in and therefore there is no record to who he is meeting with.

President Barack Obama has won praise from the media — and from himself — for putting the White House visitor logs online. Yet the visitor logs may hide more than they reveal.

The White House is still holding back "tens of thousands" of visitor logs, according to congressional testimony last week by Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch, who also added that "the Obama administration is less transparent than the Bush administration."

We also know that some of the most important presidential visitors don't even walk into the White House. The administration meets K Street lobbyists at Caribou Coffee, and holds secret meetings in Jackson Place townhouses where there are no visitor logs.

If Unions have something to say to protect their members then have a open meeting when people can see what kind of deals Obama is making to buy their support for the next election cycle. :wink:

Tam said:
TSR said:

I love how you skipped right over the whole being a hypocrite part and right to the defending the Unions part. :wink: You have learned your liberal lessons well TSR. Secret meeting are SECRET meeting and Obama said he was going to be the most transparent administration in modern history but what did you get with his promise of CHANGE.

What you got was an Administration being threatened with Contempt of Congress charges, filed Contempt of Court charges by the Supreme Court , and lots of SECRET MEETINGS. He has gone so Secret he holds some of the meetings across the street so his "Guests" don't have to sign in and therefore there is no record to who he is meeting with.

President Barack Obama has won praise from the media — and from himself — for putting the White House visitor logs online. Yet the visitor logs may hide more than they reveal.

The White House is still holding back "tens of thousands" of visitor logs, according to congressional testimony last week by Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch, who also added that "the Obama administration is less transparent than the Bush administration."

We also know that some of the most important presidential visitors don't even walk into the White House. The administration meets K Street lobbyists at Caribou Coffee, and holds secret meetings in Jackson Place townhouses where there are no visitor logs.

If Unions have something to say to protect their members then have a open meeting when people can see what kind of deals Obama is making to buy their support for the next election cycle. :wink:[/quote/

Where did anyone refer to him as a hypocrite ,Tam. only you. You have got me pegged on the unions, which represent an even smaller percentage of the workforce now than in recent history,I believe. How dare those unions to want the benefits afforded the white collar employees where they work, yep we all should be working for Chinese wages and concentrating the money at the top, where you know it will trickle down----sooner or later.

TSR said:

Yea, but I couldn't learn the ways of slinking around work the way the union members did and I left. It was disgusting how they got the new guys over in the corner and "unionized" them by telling them to slow down their work effort and quit making them look bad. :mad:

Mike said:
TSR said:

Yea, but I couldn't learn the ways of slinking around work the way the union members did and I left. It was disgusting how they got the new guys over in the corner and "unionized" them by telling them to slow down their work effort and quit making them look bad. :mad:

Then yours was different than mine that not only wanted better benefits but more safety measures after a number of fingers severed (one of my best friends lost his hand) etc. among other injuries that were commonplace, not to mention the only exhaust we had from the smoke exhausted from the welders was box fans in the very high ceiling above.

TSR said:
Mike said:
TSR said:

Then yours was different than mine that not only wanted better benefits but more safety measures after a number of fingers severed (one of my best friends lost his hand) etc. among other injuries that were commonplace, not to mention the only exhaust we had from the smoke exhausted from the welders was box fans in the very high ceiling above.

I had the option of going somewhere else to work. So did you..............

Mike said:
TSR said:
Mike said:

I had the option of going somewhere else to work. So did you..............

Sure did, I could have gone back working on the farm chopping/picking cotton or staying there and trying to improve things. I chose the latter.

TSR said:
Sure did, I could have gone back working on the farm chopping/picking cotton or staying there and trying to improve things. I chose the latter.

Who would have babysat you, and protected you against losing a finger

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

Yet he stayed and lost his balls............

Mike said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

Yet he stayed and lost his balls............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike you are sooooo funny!

TSR said:
Tam said:
TSR said:

If Unions have something to say to protect their members then have a open meeting when people can see what kind of deals Obama is making to buy their support for the next election cycle. :wink:[/quote/

Where did anyone refer to him as a hypocrite ,Tam. only you. You have got me pegged on the unions, which represent an even smaller percentage of the workforce now than in recent history,I believe. How dare those unions to want the benefits afforded the white collar employees where they work, yep we all should be working for Chinese wages and concentrating the money at the top, where you know it will trickle down----sooner or later.

Yes I did calling him a hypocrite whatelse would you call a guy that ran for President using high gas prices to hammer the opposing party at every turn and when the shoe is on the other foot and the other party is using his same tactics on him, he whines like a baby and says they are licking their lips over voters having to pay more at the pump.

Obama and his gang of liberal fools claimed it was all Bush's fault that gas prices were high but now that it is him flying around in Air Force One he is claiming there is no silver bullets and there isn't much he can do to bring down gas prices. THAT MAKE HIM A HYPOCRITE :roll:

As for the Unions why do they need a SECRET meeting in a place where they can avoid signing a guest log if they are talking about union member business ie work conditions? :?
They don't they could do that in the White House with everyone knowing they are protecting their members. :wink:

What they need secret meeting for is to talk about things that they DON"T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THEY ARE DOING. Things like SEIU thugs beating the crap out of anyone speaking out against the Obama agenda, like happened at some of the Tea Party rallies and Townhall meetings. Or discussing what fake stories they can leak to the media to destroy the Republicans. Or maybe making a deal that allows the Unions to opt out of Obamacare even though they were big backers in the passing of the bill. Things like that is what Obama needs SECRET meeting for not Union Business that is on the up and up. :roll:

TSR said:
Mike said:
TSR said:

If Unions are all about safety can you PLEASE explain why they would protect Union members that were filmed drinking and doing drugs while on their dinner break? If those members went back to work high and drunk were they not endangering their co workers? See this is why people don't believe Unions are actually out for safety in the work place as if they were they would have supported the employers in firing them for the safety of the rest of their members. :roll:

Then you also have Unions that protect Teachers that can't be trusted to be in a classroom with their students. Why protect them why not see to it they are fired and replaced with someone that can be trusted? Is the safety of the children not a prioity to the union bosses that are collecting union dues from those horrid teachers?

The only jobs union bosses care about is their own and the liberal democrat politicians they fund...

I worked at several union jobs,.. and the union was by far the largest job killer around..

as a shop steward attending the meetings was a real eyeopener..

I was glad to go back and report to the shop.. "thanks for the expensive dinner, open bar and the check for showing up"..

I keep taking the check.. and we used it for picnics, Christmas parties and other stuff reserved for the union office members.. till the union fired me and took the old unelected shop steward back..

then it was business as usual.. the union way..

Steve said:
The only jobs union bosses care about is their own and the liberal democrat politicians they fund...

I worked at several union jobs,.. and the union was by far the largest job killer around..

I was glad to go back and report to the shop.. "thanks for the expensive dinner, open bar and the check for showing up"..

I keep taking the check.. and we used it for picnics, Christmas parties and other stuff reserved for the union office members.. till the union fired me and took the old unelected shop steward back..

I can only say your experience was different than mine.

TSR said:
Steve said:

I'm still waiting for your explanation to why a union that is looking out for work place safety would knownly allow their members to endanger other members by doing drugs and drinking on the job? And why would a union boss waste money protecting the jobs of teachers that are not trustworthy enough to step foot in a classroom with their students?

Tam said:
TSR said:
Steve said:

I'm still waiting for your explanation to why a union that is looking out for work place safety would knownly allow their members to endanger other members by doing drugs and drinking on the job? And why would a union boss waste money protecting the jobs of teachers that are not trustworthy enough to step foot in a classroom with their students?

So you are saying union members use drugs??? I have some questions,too.
Why would a Pope allow his underlings to molest male students?? Why would Jim Bakker have financial problems with respectto this donations?
In any organization with millions of members you will always have extremes. Understand?

Latest posts