• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

There really is hope for parents of liberals!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
15 years ago our daughter married a graduate of the Unviersity of
Colorado Graduate School of Business.

This event was greeted with intrepidation since it was obvious that he was a flaming liberal. We stayed away from talking politics or any of the other subjects where conservatives and liberals disagree.

When they married, I confessed to my sister that the only problem I had with son-in-law was his politics. She explained that he was trainable.

Three grandchildren and 15 years later. After working for a couple of large corporations (and finding out that they were not totally evil) in Indiana, they moved back to Colorado.

Son-in-Law advised me that he had registered as a REPUBLICAN!!!
It is obvious now that he and his family are even more conservative than I am. What a welcome change!!

They are avid church-goers. He is slef-employed and really one of the finest people I have ever know. Yippee.

Supposed Karl Rove quote: "As people do better, they start voting like Republicans-unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."

Late every summer I get two PHD from CU that teach a summer science school in Jackson Hole come and fly fish on the ranch before returning to Bolder for fall semester. Both surprise me as being rather conservative but then on worked for the pentagon for 20 years. One was helping me replace a bearing on the swather said all 3 of his daughters had recived a PHD. The last one from Berkley, which made my eyes roll and him laugh. Said she was going to marry a boy from there. But he wouldn't approve till he saw he could fly fish and wing shoot.Now that might be harder them registeting him as a Rebuplican.
I got a son that wants to go to MIT, a good friend just had a son graduate from MIT. Said his son still had his values he went with, but A lady my wife works with daughters is going to grad school there and would have been a good John Birtch as a undergrad at U of Wyo. is slowly leaning more and more to the left.
My son in 9th grade went to the Republican County Caucus Saturday. Hopefully he gets into MIT and still keeps his values he has now.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Ouch! Hard teachings indeed.[/quote]

Hey Steve, define rich.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

again you only read and give what supports your view and point, thus twisting the Bible to suit your needs, ......had you read the next few lines,.... Jesus further explains that it was not what the rich man did that "earned" his way into heaven.,,, but GOD's grace that provided a place in heaven......

Further reading
ST. Matthew chapter 19 ,verse 25 - 26

Since 10:24 says,
"And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!" KJV
That whole passage is usually interpreted to mean that not only can we not buy our way in, but that those with greater worldly possesions have a more difficult time placing their faith in God than do those without.

Is it just me or is stevec again off the mark. This forum is called Political Bull and if I'm not mistaken and he always seems to turn it into a religious discussion.

Maybe it's me thats off the mark here? :(

Cowpuncher said:
15 years ago our daughter married a graduate of the Unviersity of
Colorado Graduate School of Business.

This event was greeted with intrepidation since it was obvious that he was a flaming liberal. We stayed away from talking politics or any of the other subjects where conservatives and liberals disagree.

When they married, I confessed to my sister that the only problem I had with son-in-law was his politics. She explained that he was trainable.

Three grandchildren and 15 years later. After working for a couple of large corporations (and finding out that they were not totally evil) in Indiana, they moved back to Colorado.

Son-in-Law advised me that he had registered as a REPUBLICAN!!!
It is obvious now that he and his family are even more conservative than I am. What a welcome change!!

They are avid church-goers. He is slef-employed and really one of the finest people I have ever know. Yippee.
Congratulations Cowpuncher! Must be a huge sense of relief.

theHiredMansWife said:
What I don't get is, if you guys don't think his posts are worth anything, why do you devote so much board space to him? :???:
This really should not be a dilemna for you. Maybe it's similar to the reasons that you follow some people around passing judgment on their posts or their reasons for posting, instead of just choosing not to read those posts or threads?

Just a thought... :lol:

Oh, wait. I was wrong. :oops: You're better than the rest of us. You have a right to do that. The rest of us shouldn't. Have I got it right this time?

You seem to be a very intelligent person, so I guess you could call this a next a rhetorical question. But I'll help you anyway and give you a hint...

Can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e? :D

*** This post is in no way intended to ridicule any individual. It is merely for informational and/or speculative purposes only. Any perceived ridicule is the sole responsibility of the reader. Neither the author of this post, nor the owner(s)/management/moderators of Ranchers.net shall be held liable or responsible for any offense taken by said reader. This concludes this disclaimer.

theHiredMansWife said:
The question we should always ask ourselves is: 'what does God think of my words?'
True enough. :D

My God is able to laugh. I bet yours is an old sourpuss.

X said:
*** This post is in no way intended to ridicule any individual. It is merely for informational and/or speculative purposes only. Any perceived ridicule is the sole responsibility of the reader. Neither the author of this post, nor the owner(s)/management/moderators of Ranchers.net shall be held liable or responsible for any offense taken by said reader. This concludes this disclaimer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hired Man's Wife:
That whole passage is usually interpreted to mean that not only can we not buy our way in, but that those with greater worldly possesions have a more difficult time placing their faith in God than do those without.

While I did agree with your belief in not being able to buy your way into Heaven,....it is niether the lack of wealth, nor the abundance of wealth that makes the faith in GOD difficult,...

for what is impossible with man, is possible with GOD........

Further reading:
ST Mark chapter 10 verse 27

but Jesus further rebukes the disciples in ST Mark chapter 10 verse 29,

saying that None(of the disciples), has given all for GOD, Jesus, or for the Gospels" sake, but that they have done it for themselves....thus expecting thier work will provide them passage to heaven.....

The disciples gave up every thing, wealth, family, positions of honor, only to be rebuked and told they could not gain passage through thier efforts,

again saying that it is only through GOD's grace that we are given a place in heaven......

just as when a person takes a passage out of context to support thier claim,,,,,in SteveC's case, that money is evil, and those who have money are evil,,,Jesus rebuked even those who gave it all away to follow him...why.....because to assume one can do anything, to gain a place in heaven is putting faith in themselves and not GOD.......

I find it increadible that some who claim to profess the faith, will use a Bible passage to defend thier political position, ignoreing the rest of the Bible. and even the rest of the chapter.......

so even if we all followed SteveC's faith in "lack of money" it would only make US all poor,..not better Christians....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent post Steve. I wish I could put my thoughts into words that good. If I were on the other end of this post, this would be the point that I abandon ship. I don't think there is any room for a good/reasronable response to that..... .

but I bet someone will try. :(

Keep it up Steve. :D :) :) :D

it is niether the lack of wealth, nor the abundance of wealth that makes the faith in GOD difficult,...

I guess you're going to have to explain verse 24 to me, then... :???:

Because if He isn't saying that those who trust in their possesions have a harder time of it, why does He say that?

Yes, the deciples go on to ask Jesus to clarify, but his point seems to remain that people with wealth tend to put their faith in that. And it's harder for them to put their faith in the Lord. Ie, pass through the eye of the needle...

Taking the verse without the entire context of the chapter and the entire book is a dificult way to read the Bible....I try not to quote the verse alone with out additional reading or explaination.....but I will try...

St Mark chapter 10 verse 24...
But the Disciples were amazed at his word......

shocked actually as they had done what Jesus asked...gave up all to follow him, and now were told that it may not be enough.....

But Jesus again addressed them, saying, "children with what difficulty will they who trust in riches enter the kngdom of GOD"....

it is the word trust, that confused most,

if I have no wealth or an abundance of has nothing to do with my faith or trust in GOD,...unless I rely on the money to buy my way...

buying my way could even be by me giving up all I own in belief that doing so would get me a place in Heaven......which it would not, because I would be again having faith in money instead of faith in GOD..

the only way is through faith in GOD,,,,money has nothing to do with faith....

money can not buy faith,......giving up you money can not "buy" you faith..

even lacking in money can not earn you faith.......so by confusing wealth with faith one is trusting in wealth.....not in GOD, thus making it difficult if not impossible to enter Heaven......

Latest posts