• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

They want Mcool, but

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
https://www.nationalbeefwire.com/r-calf-files-lawsuit-to-stop-usda-s-rfid-ear-tag-mandate

WE still use our brands and metal ear tags and tattoos for our own management purposes but to have an animal be a individual from all others in the USA it need to have a unique ID.
WE can ue the RFID reader and scale on out chute to track average daily gain on our feeders or figure the ave weight of cow herd or when we have enough weight for a load.

So in other words you are for a government mandated program that violates the constitution.

There are people using EID's to better market their cattle. Knock yourselves out. If it were to become a government mandated program that goes away.

As much as anything, MCool is about lying to consumers by labeling anything that shows up in this country as product of the USA.

I guess I am for a government mandated program that helps protect our herd from market loss from untraceable disease.
Have your borders closed when you are relying on exports for a portion of your trade and you will think a fire at Tysons is small potatoes.

Angus 62 said:
So in other words you are for a government mandated program that violates the constitution.

There are people using EID's to better market their cattle. Knock yourselves out. If it were to become a government mandated program that goes away.

As much as anything, MCool is about lying to consumers by labeling anything that shows up in this country as product of the USA.
we have a govt mandated usda shield.

funny when in the grocery store and there bacon in the other ranchers basket... it what on sale , they didn't look at labels , the bacon a lot of times is a product of Canada ...

MCool for pork went away just as it did in beef. Just ask a pig farmer, but it is unlikely you can find one.

Faster horses said:
Angus 62 said:
MCool for pork went away just as it did in beef. Just ask a pig farmer, but it is unlikely you can find one.

Where are we getting all this cheap pork? I can buy center cut pork chops for $1.99/lb.
I haven't heard any pork producers crying, we were just talking about this today.

$1.49 for boneless loins

Latest posts